Style: smooth
Gear: Ozone Reos / Enduros
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

what about LF harnesses??

Postby gwechall » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:44 pm

Hi everyone :bye:

i am looking for some reviews about the LF harness (2008/09-lux/comp), i need to change my warrior witch is killing my back and i saw some prtty good offers on the LF products! i can't try it because there is no LF shop around here, i just remember truying a 07 luxury in a shop years ago and finding it pretty comfy! but many times there is differences between trying in a shop and hooked riding...
So if someone can help me with that :thumb:

(i have offers with the 08 luxury, 09 luxury and comp)

Thx :jump:

K3rM1t
Frequent Poster
Gear: North

Re: what about LF harnesses??

Postby K3rM1t » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:26 pm

I ride an LF. It's the Luxury and not the comp. I find it very comfy, especially when riding without a top. I like the inside fabric material because it allows the harness to slide a bit, which I like. I have noticed that my current harness (an '09 I think) has started to crack on the back. It's purely cosmetic and the old Warriors did this too, but I'm surprised it happened so quickly on this harness. I'm no longer looking for gimmicks on my harnesses and the LF is pretty simple and works fine.

For the price, especially if it's on sale, these harnesses are great. For half the price of a Mystic, I really like it. I tend to switch harnesses more than most and have worn Mystic, LF, Dakine and North. For my body, the LF fits really well and I'm happy with it.

gwechall
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Tarifa

Postby gwechall » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:05 pm

Thx for the answer :wink:
and does anybody know the difference between the comp and the luxury??

grantman54
Very Frequent Poster

Postby grantman54 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:27 pm

i own a 07 luxury and 09 comp. The comp has a bit stiffer backing. Thats the only difference i could tell. If the price is the same, get the comp. The comp is made out of better materials. My only complaint on the harnesses, is that after I ride for 3 mins I have to retighten the spreader bar because it loosens up with the initial dunk in the water.

caveman
Rare Poster

Postby caveman » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:25 am

I have an 09 Luxury and it's the best harness I've ever owned :thumb: (I used to wear Mystics).

gwechall
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Tarifa

Postby gwechall » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:37 pm

caveman wrote:I have an 09 Luxury and it's the best harness I've ever owned :thumb: (I used to wear Mystics).
witch one the comp or lux? how can you compare to the mystic you had?
Thx Caveman!!

caveman
Rare Poster

Postby caveman » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:12 pm

I had a Mystic Darkrider which I used for 2 seasons then I switched to the Warrior which I used for a season. They were both good harnesses but they chafed a lot on my waist; the Warrior was more compact and had a better fit for me. Last year, I bought an 09 LF Luxury Harness and, so far, it's got the best fit and support. I can wear it for hours, day after day without it leaving any sore spots on my body. :thumb:

adamj2281
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Charleston, SC - Folly Beach
Favorite Beaches: Folly Beach, Wrightsville Beach, Playa Avellanas, Barker's, GC, East End, St. Croix,VI
Style: Surf mostly, some freeride
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam 7,12
Ocean Rodeo Crave 9
5'2" North Whip CSC
5'4" Tomo Hydroshort
Nobile 2HD
Slingshot H4 Batwing foil
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo

Postby adamj2281 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:34 pm

Yeah I ride the LF Luxury Harness, really comfy, although it does ride up a bit when you first power up. I ride with a Mystic D30 vest most of the time that keeps it in place.

Bryden
Medium Poster

Postby Bryden » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:49 pm

'09 LF Lux harness... had a Mystic Warrior, but find the LF more comfortable over the long haul.
I know it's not a big deal, but it (the LF) doesn't flop around as much either when I'm carrying it to/from the beach... sounds trivial, but after chipping the bumper on my car putting it away/taking it out...

jrfiol
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cayo Enrique, La Parguera; Montones Beach, Isabela; Dorado Beach, Dorado.
Favorite Beaches: Not yet.
Style: waverider, freestyle
Gear: Slingshot RPM 10, Darko 135. I also have a Liquid Force Havoc 12 and Rally 14M.

Postby jrfiol » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:52 am

i bought a used LF lux 08, last year. its still going strong. very resistant. still looks good. i do get lower back stiffness, but cannot go for the alrternative (seat harness cramps my ...)

Return to “Kitesurfing”