Rare Poster
Local Beach: agelohori
Favorite Beaches: kerros, prassonisi, rahhes
Gear: swithcblade ids
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Cabrinha warranty claim !!!

Postby bisdremis » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:11 pm

Hello everybody my name is Kostas Bisdremis and i,m from Greece .
On 11-7-09 i bought a 2010 model CABRINHA SWITCHBLADE 9m. and i register it to cabrinhas web site.
On 3-29-10 after my 17th session with that kite i,ve noticed that there was an unusual swollen at the L.E. to the point where it meets no 2 stut. Taking a closer look i found out that there was a 10 cm unsew on the double stitch running from one tip to the other.I immentiatly deflated my kite, the stitch had no wear as it does not touches ground under no circumstances.
On 3-30-10 after taking few pictures of it i delivered my kite to the store where i bought it from ,where the owner told me that he would contact the central dealer in Athens about my warranty claim.
On 4-22-10 after beiing tired to wait i contact by phone the central dealer in Athens (FUNSPORTS) where they told me that they accepted my warranty claim, and that they will repair my kite for me.
i thank them for it
i want your opinion as i have some questions.
1) Accepting a warranty claim does it means that it was not my fault ?
2)Where such a repair should be carried out ? Would it be safe for me to fly it afterwards?
3)Do you believe that they should replace my kite?
Attachments
DSC05724 copy.jpg

hapa13
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Style: kook
Gear: like to try everything

Re: CABRINHA warranty claim !!!

Postby hapa13 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:24 pm

Adding or re-stitching that small section is a very simple job for any experienced sail/kite repair center. You shouldn't notice any difference in performance at all. If they're stating that they've accepted the warranty, then it sounds like you're covered and the repair will be free. Replacing the whole kite seems a bit excessive. The repair should make the kite good as new and get you back on the water. Does seem a little weird that it took so long to get you an answer though.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Cabrinha warranty claim !!!

Postby Toby » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:57 pm

definitely NOT a new kite from what I can see on the picture. They will just stitch it...

And I would give it to a repair in your area...much faster, and maybe cheaper then shipping it somewhere...and for sure MUCH faster!

OzBungy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby OzBungy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:21 am

They will repair it and usually it is done at a local sail maker. It will should take no time at all and be free. I am surprised they even considered a warranty claim. Our local store just sends kiters to the sail maker who sews it while you wait.

You and the store should keep a record of the fault. Seams splitting once or twice is not a problem. If it happens persistently then you should expect the kite to be replaced.

I have had a few Cabrinha kites in the past few years and sell them when they have close to 200 hours. I have had one small split that was fixed immediately.

A friend bought a 2009 model kite and it split twice in different places and was fixed straight away. If it happens again we might consider a warranty claim.

AlexandreBorges
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Jericoacoara (CE) and São Luís (MA)
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (CE) and São Luís (MA)
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha Crossbow 2010
Has thanked: 0

Postby AlexandreBorges » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:31 pm

I just bought a Crossbow 2010 11 and its ok for now. In engineering we have bathtub curve that shows most manufacturing problems happens in first months It`s not only a Cabrinha problem, you see!

ascendkiteboarding
Frequent Poster

Postby ascendkiteboarding » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:14 am

I've had kites repaired that were sliced and diced so yes as long as the craftmans ship is good you'll be fine. As for if it's you're fault, a lot of times it doesn't matter ;) Depends on the kite warranty.

take safe!

Rick

bisdremis
Rare Poster
Local Beach: agelohori
Favorite Beaches: kerros, prassonisi, rahhes
Gear: swithcblade ids

Postby bisdremis » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:10 am

my kite was repaired i'm looking forward to fly it, thank you all guys

NeverTouchGround
Medium Poster

Postby NeverTouchGround » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:34 am

Kosta, I could sew it for you for free, I just bought a sewing machine and I'm looking for kites to practice :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good winds file,
Kyriakos - Rhodes

Return to “Kitesurfing”