Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Looking to get away from my beg. board, what should i get?

Forum for kitesurfers
zh4k
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Lake Erie
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Looking to get away from my beg. board, what should i get?

Postby zh4k » Fri May 14, 2010 3:19 am

I have a LF Proof 151 board and have been using it as a beg. board but I'm looking to upgrade to something better. Especially something that can help me go upwind better since I kite inland in some sketchy areas with gusty wind were I need to go upwind with a 12m bow even in like 10-12 knots.

My weight is 165 and I'm 5'11".

I don't get to see much waves and see more chop then anything, thus I'd probably like to stick with a wide twin tip. I'm just confused at what length I should get. Also if anyone has any brand/model in mind I'd love to hear it. My price range is low around 200-300.

I've heard great things about Rogue Waves, Aboards(or something around that), and Ocean Rodeo.

Also, if any wants to answer this, should I eventually get a smaller board for faster wind later when I have the money. But based on my weight I feel like my lightwind board could pull double duty. I just want to go upwind, boost high, and learn a couple other moves.

Return to “Kitesurfing”