Forum for kitesurfers
rightguard
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

kitesurfing in Denmark

Postby rightguard » Fri May 14, 2010 5:57 am

I'm traveling to Denmark in August-September... Where do I go to find some kiting? Are there places to rent gear, I don't really want to take all my stuff with me.

I'll be staying in Soring... excuse the spelling. So places close to that would be good.

Thanks for the help.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: kitesurfing in Denmark

Postby Toby » Fri May 14, 2010 8:12 am

there are many good spots in Denmark. The North Sea side gets great waves in e.g. Klitmoeller, or has a big lake with shallow and flat water at Ringkoebing Fjord.

Find all on www.kitebeaches.com

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Fri May 14, 2010 8:39 am

rightguard wrote:I'm traveling to Denmark in August-September... Where do I go to find some kiting? Are there places to rent gear, I don't really want to take all my stuff with me.

I'll be staying in Soring... excuse the spelling. So places close to that would be good.

Thanks for the help.
There is kiting everywhere :thumb:

Denmark is one of the (or the ?) countries with the longest coastline and most water, compared to its size :D

Rental is not really an option - altough I think I've heard of a kiteschool in Copenhagen who might do this ?

But where are you staying ? "Soring" dont exist...

There are "Storring" and "Sorring" and 3 different "Søringen" and also "Sjørring".

But very different locations.

Have you any idea where in DK it is (East/West/North/South in Jylland or Fyn or Sjælland ?) - maybe through googlemaps ?

Will be way easier if we knew where you would stay :D
And maybe tell whether you only seek waves, or flat water (maybe even shallow), or both ?

Kindly, Peter Frank

katrine1000
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kegnæs
Style: cruisin'
Gear: Board: north, paris 129
Kites: LF envy 6 & 8, havoc 12,

Postby katrine1000 » Fri May 14, 2010 9:17 am

i am not sure about storring either, but the absolute mecca for kite and windsurfing in denmark is Hvide Sande! Its located on the west coast where you have a gigantic fjord available and just on the other side you have the north sea which is a nice wavespot in NE wind. they also have a cable park for no wind days. Also in Hvide Sande there is a big event happening in september 11-18th called waterz.dk. Its a massive kite, wind, surf and wake competition and some big names are supposed to arrive there!

Further up north on the west coast near Hanstholm you have Klitmøller which is also very famous for its waves and wind and it will host the PWA also in September in the wave category, i will def check that out! :naughty:

personally i have my spot in the very south east by the german border on an Island called Als, which has another half Island attached to it called Kegnæs. That is a also a very popular spot.

But its difficult to help you out because i ahve no idea were storing is. stoorring størring.. :?:

enjoy your stay in our little welfare state. september is an awesome month to be there for kiting.

Lord of the Boards
Frequent Poster

Postby Lord of the Boards » Fri May 14, 2010 12:27 pm

Yes, Hvide Sande is the place to be! Next june I'll be there for 2 weeks again (every year.....)
The place covers all wind directions because it's situated between the lake and the sea. I'm hoping for some good NW winds, for nice waves and downwinders along the coast.

It's also nice for fishing on the no-wind days.

rightguard
Very Frequent Poster

Postby rightguard » Fri May 14, 2010 6:07 pm

Sorry for being stupid... we are visiting my wifes family and I couldn't remember how to spell Sorring. I guess it's between Aarhus or Silkeborg.

The waterz.dk thing sounds cool, but I think we are leaving before that.

I live on Maui so I get lots of wind, but just thought it would be cool to kite in Denmark. I really don't want to travel with all my gear for just a day or so of kiting. So the big thing is to find some gear. I've only been kiting for less than a year, so I'm not that great in waves. I would mostly be interested in flatter water, but as long as the waves aren't huge that's ok too. I'll try and look up the school in Copenhagen.

Thanks for the info

zDad
Rare Poster
Local Beach: habo ljung, south sweden; maccarese, rome italy; pozzallo, sicily-italy
Gear: cabrinha SB3 8, 12; wainman rabitt 6,5, 9

Postby zDad » Fri May 14, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi man, if you are planning to kite just for 1-2-3 days only, just tell me your size, weight etc and we will hook up with you with some gears for you to enjoy the scandinavian wind and waves. We are a group of kiters leaving in malmö just in front of denmark and we come there often for kiteboarding. We will gear you up with waiman hawaii and epic kites, great stuff to rip wave and jump insane...

mail me at cellentropya-at-hotmail.com whenever you have plans and dates and of course if you like..

enjoy the trip

zDad

Hasse
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Denmark
Favorite Beaches: Agger, Hanstholm
Style: Wave and foil. Little freestyle.
Gear: Gin kites, Hyde Kites, Kauper.

Postby Hasse » Sat May 15, 2010 1:34 pm

If it is close to Klitmøller just give me a mail so can i probly fix some equpiment to you....

rightguard
Very Frequent Poster

Postby rightguard » Sat May 15, 2010 8:18 pm

Thanks for all the help guys and gals, I think I would be scared to borrow someones gear. I would rather rent some. Although I guess I could just rent it from you...

I did find one place in Copenhagen that seems to rent gear, so I'll have to check that out. Thanks again, you'll hear from me.

zDad
Rare Poster
Local Beach: habo ljung, south sweden; maccarese, rome italy; pozzallo, sicily-italy
Gear: cabrinha SB3 8, 12; wainman rabitt 6,5, 9

Postby zDad » Sat May 15, 2010 8:39 pm

why would you be scared to kite with some mate and borrow some equipments? we often borrow kites frome other kite mates. however its up to you and your wallet. I do not rent gears only borrow and enjoy a kite session with friends.

let ma know whenever

ciao

zDad

Return to “Kitesurfing”