Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Check this out for a little laugh!

Forum for kitesurfers
User avatar
Puetz
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:50 pm
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Casuarina Beach
Rapic Creek
Lee Point
Buffallo Creek
Favorite Beaches: Old Woman Rock, Darwin
Oka Point, Sanuar, Bali
Phan Rang, Vietnam
Cemetary's, Mui Ne, Vietnam
Point Moore, Hells Gates, Geraldton, Western Australia
Rapid Creek, Darwin, Australia
Lee Point, Darwin, Australia (my local spot)
Nugas/Lakey Peak, Sumbawa
Marion Bay, Tasmania
Long Beach, Robe, South Australia
Style: Wave/Freeride
Gear: North Juice 2018 17m
North Evo 2017 14m
Duotone Neo 9m
North Rebel 2014 7m
North Nugget 5'3" Surfboard
Cyclone Surfboard 6'0"
North SkyPro 138cm TT
Underground FLX 144 TT
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: Check this out for a little laugh!

Postby Puetz » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:40 am

alexrider wrote:Spiritually incorrect.
No wonder he had so many followers.



It's dead on topic; it's about the appropriate uses of the F word for a little laugh.
But he didn't manage to distinguish nearly as many meanings of the word as the amount of Rolls-Royces he owned.

He does state that the word can be used to express pain.
But I'm not a Sanyasi.
... nah dude, wrong again, its off topic and like an idiot that I am I can't help myself and reply.

You took one topic and turned it into your topic (like I've seen on other threads to by the way), so in your world it is still on topic, when infact it is off the original topic... if you follow me. Anyway, its still entertaining with your replys, don't get me wrong there.

I haven't seen the video before but I do have a song version of the same thing, proberly the same guy doin' it????

seeya,

Robbie

User avatar
alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1472
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:52 am
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: foils and foils
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Check this out for a little laugh!

Postby alexrider » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:43 am

Puetz wrote:
alexrider wrote:Spiritually incorrect.
No wonder he had so many followers.
.......
It's dead on topic; it's about the appropriate uses of the F word for a little laugh.
......
.
... nah dude, wrong again, its off topic and like an idiot that I am I can't help myself and reply.

You took one topic and turned it into your topic (like I've seen on other threads to by the way), so in your world it is still on topic, when in fact it is off the original topic... if you follow me. Anyway, its still entertaining with your replys, don't get me wrong there.

I haven't seen the video before but I do have a song version of the same thing, proberly the same guy doin' it????

seeya,

Robbie
Your perception of my intervention is wrong; I actually liked your original video post so much that I thought by going somewhat off topic could help the thread trucking along. ;-). Please don't blame me for trying my best.
Would Mitch's curses have reached so many ears had I not diverted (according to you and some others) the natural course of the thread ? 3500 views so far; were you aiming higher?
To deny one's freedom to express a form of lateral thinking - even clumsily - and the inevitable associations that come to mind in a forum is the best way to make it utterly boring and to kill it as a result. "Stick to the subject": that reminds me of college long gone days.
It is quite revealing to observe that the more the use of foul words or images, the more it appear to be appreciated. Your original post was about precocious :baby: cursing after all (without the sound track, you should agree the impact wouldn't have been quite the same) and btw, for that reason quite far from the topic of kitesurfing after all. The visual scene being a mere background to the intended subject matter, i.e. Mitch's verbal coolness.
Some of the most entertaining forum threads I've been following (as a viewer) went in completely different directions as originally intended, with full support of the OP.

I am not sure Bhagwan (Osho) is the author of the full text in the video, but the way he put it was dead on and was typical to keep his "teachings" entertaining and remembered.

Last questions: Are we still on topic ?

Cheers to all,

Alex, the senile rider signing off.
:bye:

PS1: I still have not yet received a single sign of support or understanding my OC (original comment) :-(, and I feel as lonely as I am when riding :-) out there in 8 knots with my beloved foil kite.
PS2: PS1 is a definite hijacking attempt ;-).
PS3: Foil pimping is far worse than ordinary hijacking .
PS4: IMHO, it's still better to pimp foils than pump toys (of the inflatable kind).
PS5: Thanks Robbie, for having contributed to the new foil motto in the lateral thinking process "Better pimp foils than pump toys!"

User avatar
piedroporto
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1749
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:06 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Portugal
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Check this out for a little laugh!

Postby piedroporto » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:40 am

Alex, do you mind telling me how old you are?

User avatar
Puetz
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:50 pm
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Casuarina Beach
Rapic Creek
Lee Point
Buffallo Creek
Favorite Beaches: Old Woman Rock, Darwin
Oka Point, Sanuar, Bali
Phan Rang, Vietnam
Cemetary's, Mui Ne, Vietnam
Point Moore, Hells Gates, Geraldton, Western Australia
Rapid Creek, Darwin, Australia
Lee Point, Darwin, Australia (my local spot)
Nugas/Lakey Peak, Sumbawa
Marion Bay, Tasmania
Long Beach, Robe, South Australia
Style: Wave/Freeride
Gear: North Juice 2018 17m
North Evo 2017 14m
Duotone Neo 9m
North Rebel 2014 7m
North Nugget 5'3" Surfboard
Cyclone Surfboard 6'0"
North SkyPro 138cm TT
Underground FLX 144 TT
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: Check this out for a little laugh!

Postby Puetz » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:15 am

ummm .... to be honest I would like to know too, just wondering!

User avatar
Puetz
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:50 pm
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Casuarina Beach
Rapic Creek
Lee Point
Buffallo Creek
Favorite Beaches: Old Woman Rock, Darwin
Oka Point, Sanuar, Bali
Phan Rang, Vietnam
Cemetary's, Mui Ne, Vietnam
Point Moore, Hells Gates, Geraldton, Western Australia
Rapid Creek, Darwin, Australia
Lee Point, Darwin, Australia (my local spot)
Nugas/Lakey Peak, Sumbawa
Marion Bay, Tasmania
Long Beach, Robe, South Australia
Style: Wave/Freeride
Gear: North Juice 2018 17m
North Evo 2017 14m
Duotone Neo 9m
North Rebel 2014 7m
North Nugget 5'3" Surfboard
Cyclone Surfboard 6'0"
North SkyPro 138cm TT
Underground FLX 144 TT
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: Check this out for a little laugh!

Postby Puetz » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:48 am

alexrider wrote:
Puetz wrote:
alexrider wrote:Spiritually incorrect.
No wonder he had so many followers.
.......
It's dead on topic; it's about the appropriate uses of the F word for a little laugh.
......
.
... nah dude, wrong again, its off topic and like an idiot that I am I can't help myself and reply.

You took one topic and turned it into your topic (like I've seen on other threads to by the way), so in your world it is still on topic, when in fact it is off the original topic... if you follow me. Anyway, its still entertaining with your replys, don't get me wrong there.

I haven't seen the video before but I do have a song version of the same thing, proberly the same guy doin' it????

seeya,

Robbie
Your perception of my intervention is wrong; I actually liked your original video post so much that I thought by going somewhat off topic could help the thread trucking along. ;-). Please don't blame me for trying my best.
Would Mitch's curses have reached so many ears had I not diverted (according to you and some others) the natural course of the thread ? 3500 views so far; were you aiming higher?
To deny one's freedom to express a form of lateral thinking - even clumsily - and the inevitable associations that come to mind in a forum is the best way to make it utterly boring and to kill it as a result. "Stick to the subject": that reminds me of college long gone days.
It is quite revealing to observe that the more the use of foul words or images, the more it appear to be appreciated. Your original post was about precocious :baby: cursing after all (without the sound track, you should agree the impact wouldn't have been quite the same) and btw, for that reason quite far from the topic of kitesurfing after all. The visual scene being a mere background to the intended subject matter, i.e. Mitch's verbal coolness.
Some of the most entertaining forum threads I've been following (as a viewer) went in completely different directions as originally intended, with full support of the OP.

I am not sure Bhagwan (Osho) is the author of the full text in the video, but the way he put it was dead on and was typical to keep his "teachings" entertaining and remembered.

Last questions: Are we still on topic ?

Cheers to all,

Alex, the senile rider signing off.
:bye:

PS1: I still have not yet received a single sign of support or understanding my OC (original comment) :-(, and I feel as lonely as I am when riding :-) out there in 8 knots with my beloved foil kite.
PS2: PS1 is a definite hijacking attempt ;-).
PS3: Foil pimping is far worse than ordinary hijacking .
PS4: IMHO, it's still better to pimp foils than pump toys (of the inflatable kind).
PS5: Thanks Robbie, for having contributed to the new foil motto in the lateral thinking process "Better pimp foils than pump toys!"
...ok then, when you put it that way, were still on topic and I had no idea you were helping, how dumb am I!! :o

Keep the fun coming!!

Robbie

User avatar
alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1472
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:52 am
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: foils and foils
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Check this out for a little laugh!

Postby alexrider » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:34 pm

piedroporto wrote:Alex, do you mind telling me how old you are?
Ok, Piedro and Puetz, but under 3 conditions:
- you tell me your ages first
- you guess mine
- you promise not to tell anyone

But :whogives: anyway?

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2817
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:17 am
Kiting since: 1812
Gear: .
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Check this out for a little laugh!

Postby L0KI » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:08 pm

December 3, 1958
Which makes me 51............ or is it 52 years old? :P

User avatar
alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1472
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:52 am
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: foils and foils
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Check this out for a little laugh!

Postby alexrider » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:28 pm

Chrys wrote:December 3, 1958
Which makes me 51............ or is it 52 years old? :P
That's young for a skeleton.
But older than I thought you were.
Still waiting for your guess and Piedro's confessed age.

Aren't we're way off topic here?

User avatar
Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 39101
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.
Location: World (KF Admin)
Has thanked: 158 times
Been thanked: 211 times
Contact:

Re: Check this out for a little laugh!

Postby Toby » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:48 pm

I think so!

User avatar
piedroporto
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1749
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:06 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Portugal
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Check this out for a little laugh!

Postby piedroporto » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:51 pm

i'm 28. i don't have a guess. i just want to know out of pure curiosity


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BillyGoatGruff, Bing [Bot] and 21 guests

cron