Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

GoPro kite Hero Line Mount

Forum for kitesurfers
adamj2281
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Charleston, SC - Folly Beach
Favorite Beaches: Folly Beach, Sullivan's Island, Wrightsville Beach, Playa Avellanas, Barker's, GC, East End, St. Croix,VI
Style: Surf mostly, some freeride
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam 7, 9.5, 12
Ocean Rodeo Mako Duke
2014 North Whip 5'9
Nobile 2HD
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo

Re: GoPro kite Hero Line Mount

Postby adamj2281 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:06 am

Ok, so on the Line Mount, where do you connect the leash to?

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:37 am

What I do - around the door hinge then around a front line ... loosely. 2010 Cabrinha bar or FS bars with FDS.

ryanroberts1983
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby ryanroberts1983 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:51 pm

Kamikuza wrote:What I do - around the door hinge then around a front line ... loosely. 2010 Cabrinha bar or FS bars with FDS.
That is exactly how it is intended to work, either by looping line leash over the camera and the front line creating a larks head. Or by running a front line through the leash line of the HD Surf Hero.

Kite Kasia
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Irish West Coast,
Gear: North Evo 2011: 6m, 9m,
North Evo 2010: 12m
Nobile 666 - Womens edition 126/38
Cyclone Kitesurf board
Nobile Skimboard
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Kite Kasia » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:04 pm

ryanroberts1983 wrote:
Kamikuza wrote:What I do - around the door hinge then around a front line ... loosely. 2010 Cabrinha bar or FS bars with FDS.
That is exactly how it is intended to work, either by looping line leash over the camera and the front line creating a larks head. Or by running a front line through the leash line of the HD Surf Hero.
Would you be able to post some close up photos? please...
Just got a gopro cam and few mounts including kite lines mount and trying to figure out how to safely place it... Was hoping for some instructions and images to be included in the package, but it's not the case unfortunately.
Got a 5 line set up (North) and really would appreciate if anybody could post some more info and pictures of where it goes or how they do it?

Thanks

spleeft
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Style: Waves
Gear: North Vegas, surfboards
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby spleeft » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:01 am

100$ Vado HD....and some velcro.........

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:54 am

Kite Kasia wrote:
ryanroberts1983 wrote:
Would you be able to post some close up photos? please...
Just got a gopro cam and few mounts including kite lines mount and trying to figure out how to safely place it... Was hoping for some instructions and images to be included in the package, but it's not the case unfortunately.
Got a 5 line set up (North) and really would appreciate if anybody could post some more info and pictures of where it goes or how they do it?

Thanks
Haven't got any pics, sorry.

I use a roll of nylon line from the hardware store, 1mm thick. Tie a loop in one end... close up the GoPro case, then slip the loop under the hinge bar and lark's head it. Then when you fit the mount, tie the free end around a front-line with the bowline - or make a really big loop and lark's head the whole camera and mount... but that tends to leave too much line flapping around in front of the lens.

I've used the mount on the old Speed2 with the FDS line, like a 5th line. The camera hung down on the center lines, the 5th line over the top but it gave me the heebie-jeebies - although it worked fine when I landed the kite using the 5th line. I feel much happier using it on my Cabrinha kites...

As someone above said, there's a chance it'll catch the lines.
It's never happened to me; though once when I slammed and tumbled the Xbow, one center line jumped out of the mount. Could have been avoided by cable-ties :D No biggee, landed the kite and reattached it properly...

Return to “Kitesurfing”