Favorite Beaches: jp luby, next one
Style: regular joe,
Gear: Stoked Custom Boards
Brand Affiliation: Test Rider
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kitesurfing in Corpus Christi, TX

Postby texhuck » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:57 pm

If you live in SA you should check out www.centexkiteboarding.com. Kiteboarding seems to be exploding in the Austin area of course CC is better. It seems like you found the info you were looking for. Anyway the riders in austin are a great bunch and are always willing to carpool to CC.

This fall and winter you will get some wind at Braunig power plant lake and the water is warm. Canyon lake is for the hardcore (my old lake) and most of the newbs are riding at Lake Pflugerville. Lake Travis has it's good days.

In CC the closest place to ride is North Beach there is a real nice local crew like Richard and Greg and others. Wildcat is Jeff Howard's prokitesurf crew. They are a good crew as well. There are lots of other locals down there too. If you are going to AM CC you should hook with Eric Sharp in the fall. He works in the OBX in the summer but winters in CC another great guy.

The only other instructors not prev mentioned are Olaf at Mongani. He is always at JP Luby. Also Jaimie and Steve at Third Coast Kiteboard in Port A are great as well.

Basically most of the kbers I have met in Texas are real friendly and are always helpful. The good thing about TX is that it can absorb crowds and it has the longest season in the USA.

72kiteboarder
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby 72kiteboarder » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:36 am

btorch
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby btorch » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:29 pm

Hey texhuck thanks for the awesome info. I indeed had some great sessions with james around Port A. and then with PJ at wildcat park... I thought about hitting canyon lake or perhaps medina since I go wakeboard around medina more than canyon. Had no idea people did that in Austin since I think i've been there only twice since I moved from south florida to SA.

Hopefully next weekend I'll hit up wildcat or P.A. ... and later in december going back home to fortaleza,brasil where I never kited before and I'm from there !!! :)

Thanks again for the info

Return to “Kitesurfing”