Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

F-One Bandit 3 Quiver and Bar Advice Needed!

Forum for kitesurfers
davetherage
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

F-One Bandit 3 Quiver and Bar Advice Needed!

Postby davetherage » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:01 pm

Hi Guys,
Thinking about buying a Bandit 3 quiver. Am 175 lbs and an intermediate rider, and so am thinking a 8 and 11m quiver combined with a light wind board. Do you reckon this would work? Also from reading everything the bar sounds like it sucks. I am thinking of going with using a 2010 North Trust 5th Element bar. Has anyone had any experience using this bar with the Bandit 3? Does it work ok etc?

Thanks guys.

yzbob
Medium Poster
Gear: Mixed
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: F-One Bandit 3 Quiver and Bar Advice Needed!

Postby yzbob » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:13 am

did you get the bandit 3? what wind range are you kiting in?

I am in a similar situation and same weight as you, looking for a 2 kite quiver. can't decide between the (8m & 11m) or a (7m and 10m) i dont want to kite in wind less than 14knots but could be kiting up to 35knots

also did you try the north bar as i also have one of those?

thanks

bob

bru
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: FONE Mystic
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: F-One Bandit 3 Quiver and Bar Advice Needed!

Postby bru » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:13 am

Hi there

11m/ 8 m or 10m/ 7m - both will work - I would prefer to go 10m 7m. The 10m is a brilliant kite and has massive range - I always found the 11m a bit slow compared to the 10m ! 7m also is a fantastic kite - lots of top-end and nice and responsive for wave riding ...

Have a look at what combo most rider are using at your local spot - I ride 10m 7m on a surfboard and weigh 94 kg ! I would not add a light wind board - get a standard 134 / 136 cm board - the Bandit 3 has good bottom-end and nice bar pressure.

I am sure you can get a demo of the kite before you buy !

The bar - we have had no problems with the bar on the Bandit 3 ...

Return to “Kitesurfing”