Forum for kitesurfers
FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Adriana Harlan killing it - Current issue of The Kiteboa

Postby FredBGG » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:27 pm

windmaker wrote:
Don't pay to much attention to the critics... what they have to say normally says more about them that who they are critisizing
Keep on supporting your wife.
?

Obviously each and everyone has his own opinion and that is the way it should be but why do you automatically assume that critisism is bad ? It can be a very constructive (sometimes cruel) way to progressing and anyone wanting to assume a position in the public eye (magazine photos etc ) should deal with it in a positive way, unless you think you are so good and all the rest are crap and have no idea (wish you good luck).

Husband supporting his wife is great but, however good or bad she is, isn't this the least he can do ?
I wrote don't pay too much attention to the critics... It's worth reading what they have to say, there will be one or two with something good to say...

however this is the type of stuff to ignor:
windmaker wrote:About the picture, nice, but killing it? Anyone who is seriously into wave riding can tell that she lost that wave after landing the aerial and landed behind it. Should'nt happen on such a steep section...
That's pretty judgemental and based on pretty unfounded guesswork.

JON MODICA
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby JON MODICA » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:58 pm

windmaker wrote:
gonewiththewind wrote:
assmaster wrote:I didn't realise, hooked in strapped in was "killing it"... There's lots of girls around who can ride unstrapped unhooked. Don't get me wrong, it's great that your wife is getting amongst it and it's great that more women are getting involved in the sport... but lets not get ahead of ourselves. :D
Riding unhooked unstrapped is irrelevant. It's what you do when you're on the wave. Go master another ass, dick.
:thumb: Riding unhooked or unstrapped in itself is nothing special ( you should try it sometimes). Unfortunately there are too many riders out there "mowing the lawn" who think they are good or cool just because they are strapless or/and unhooked. They are usually bragging all the time about how much strapless or unhooked they are (who cares I do both) and are often half as aggresive or creative than strapped in guys.

Ridding strapless and unhooked is great, I love it and do it when ever the conditions are right for it, but doing it just for the sake of it and criticizing others in the process, narrow minded.

About the picture, nice, but killing it? Anyone who is seriously into wave riding can tell that she lost that wave after landing the aerial and landed behind it. Should'nt happen on such a steep section...

What are you all talking about?
Let me clear some thing up for you guys.
1. The shot is great. Adriana, good work.
2. Im sorry, but do you all have shots comparable to this? No? Then why do you feel your negative opinion is worth anything? There is a difference in constructive criticism and just trying to be critical. If you can't hack it don't be a jerk.
3. It's not an "ariel". It's a good fins out spray.

Toby- Your forum's population has increased....but the IQ and overall kindness.....lacking.

-Jon Modica

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.
Been thanked: 0

Postby DrLightWind » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:13 am

JON MODICA wrote:What are you all talking about?
2. Im sorry, but do you all have shots comparable to this? No? Then why do you feel your negative opinion is worth anything? There is a difference in constructive criticism and just trying to be critical. If you can't hack it don't be a jerk.

Toby- Your forum's population has increased....but the IQ and overall kindness.....lacking.

-Jon Modica
Thank you Jon :thumb:

It seems SOME of these guys are jealous
and seek their fame in an inappropriate manner to draw self-attention, :boring:
aggrandize itself at the expense of the others :!: :!: Pathetic :!:
Stop trying to act superior to everyone, you're only fooling yourself.
Give it all a rest and quit taking things so seriously and personally.
We are all from different backgrounds, races, creeds and cultures
Let's all have a laugh before we go back to the water.
It is kiteboarding after all, who cares.
Leave people alone and let everyone do what they think is fun
and bright for a show!
Nice one Adriana :cooltext: :goodluck:

DrLW

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredBGG » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:35 am

JON MODICA wrote:What are you all talking about?

-Jon Modica
Now Jon is someone to listen too :thumb:

SBBeachbum
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SBBeachbum » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:03 am

.. and why should we listen to Jon? I am happy for you, really. I can like or dislike a photo without being a photographer. But really, what do you expect pimping your wifes riding on an internet forum? Maybe just post the photos on Jons blog instead. Then you can control the replies to your and Jons liking.

donchin
Frequent Poster

Postby donchin » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:08 am

Your wife is hot.

JON MODICA
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby JON MODICA » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:30 am

SBBeachbum wrote:.. and why should we listen to Jon? I am happy for you, really. I can like or dislike a photo without being a photographer. But really, what do you expect pimping your wifes riding on an internet forum? Maybe just post the photos on Jons blog instead. Then you can control the replies to your and Jons liking.
I completely agree. I think everyone should question someone imposing their feelings on others.

The difference in my response vs. these other negative reactions is 1. misinformation/inexperience and 2. what one is trying to achieve.

As far as 1. is concerned. Windmaker and Assmaster both were misinformed about the photo (she was infact NOT doing an ariel, it was another trick entirely). This is a result from their inexperience and lack of knowledge.

and 2. Both of their comments were only directed at criticizing another rider and the "pimping" of her photographer. They offered criticism in a way that is not constructive.

I AM NOT SAYING LISTEN TO ME. I am simply pointing out the fact that you shouldnt be listening to these two.

-Jon

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:41 am

JON MODICA wrote:
What are you all talking about?

-Jon Modica
Hey, in regards to number 2. That doesn't make sense. You really do not have to have a pro photographer take a shot of you to be able to have an opinion about something. That said, I guess the point of constructive criticism should be taken to heart by a few :-)

In regard to this threads: FOR GODS SAKE PEOPLE why not just be stoked about a good shot!!! Yeah the guy is happy for his wife. So what?

Harlan: It's a great shot. I love watching good riders ride... Don't respond to negativity it only fuels the fire. :-)

EDIT: Jon replied to a similar comment...agreed. :-)
Last edited by tautologies on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:42 am

donchin wrote:Your wife is hot.
lol

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:19 am

Good shot.

Killing it ? no idea, would love to see some vid footy tho.

First it was the handlebar handrailers glued to their board with bindings vs the old schoolers that say a board off is good because you will get a member of the public clapping you.

And now the strapless vs the strapped! lol

At the end of the day as soon as you start listening to the shit that spews out of some peoples mouths is the day you lose control of your destiny. Go hard.

I am off to go tarpsurfing.

Return to “Kitesurfing”