First session on the Razor 10 Meter. Wind was very light, I thought while I was riding it was probably 14-16 MPH but it ended up (checked after) being only 11-14 MPH while I was out. I was able to just about stay upwind, probably in solid 14 I would have been able to but wind dropped to 11 and I lost some ground, still impressive that I could kite at all in that wind.
I did notice a few things I really liked immediately. For those who are long term Rise riders, there were like 2 or 3 things about the Rise which stopped it from being the perfect kite.
1. Didn't loop great (although the 2010 looped pretty well)
2. Didn't relaunch well at all
3. Didn't power through turns very well.
Well the good news is that with the Razor OR seems to have kept everything we liked about the Rise and by moving it a bit more towards a C-kite shape and tweaking the bridle they have addressed the 3 things above. Even in the light wind I was able to notice that.
1. Loops really nicely, was doing small backroll kiteloops and it just felt like butter the way it got around quickly, smoothly, and with steady power.
2. Relaunch is GREAT, just bounces right back up off the water. That bridle tweak is brilliant!
3. Comes through turns with speed, no stall coming out of the turn. Steady, consistent power.
Now I'll be curious to use it on a better wind day and see if by addressing the above we (Rise riders) have given up anything on the other side (jump size or hang time mainly). I hear that the answer is no but I need to see for myself
Bar pressure is slightly more than Rise but very slight, not an issue at all, I like it better.
Overall I think it's an easy transition for Rise riders, it feels very similar except where I noted above.