Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Kites 2011

Forum for kitesurfers
jpkiter
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: NJ ( Lakes Bay, Brigantine, Tuckerton)
Favorite Beaches: Lakes Bay,NJ
Brigantine,NJ
Dock St. NJ
Florida Flats, Key West
Gear: Cabrinha kites, Epic kites, BRO-KITE POP 130X 40, HEIN custom boards, AXIS Vanguard+Nuskool, Kokotat drysuits
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Epic Kites 2011

Postby jpkiter » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:50 pm

HAhaha...looks like he takes after his DAd....goodness..he is getting to be quite the kiter! :thumb:

I luv the slider sequence (( hey,...I would hit the slider the same way....lol..) Ok~ heck, I liked the whole video!!

Lots of fun + cool kiting~Good Job !!

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Geronimo79 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:52 am

I'm already looking forward on getting some lessons from Cameron next year. that kid rocks!

tkettlepoint
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Jellyfish boards custom boards
Brand Affiliation: Jellyfish Boards

Postby tkettlepoint » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:40 am

Cam great riding.... keep up the good work.. I think the Jellyfishboards work great with the Epic kites.
We'll have to ride together next time I am down.. Do another big down winder.

Terrie

grantman54
Very Frequent Poster

Postby grantman54 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:10 am

singing 30H!3 at the end.... good stuff! Looks like I need to step up my game cuz im getting quickly passed by the young guy. The spots you get to ride at over there look like a lot of fun. I need to get over there at some point.

NaishBear
Rare Poster
Local Beach: All beaches in southern Ontario Canada Long Point,. Turkey point ,Grand Bend and Sauble mostly
Favorite Beaches: All beaches in southern Ontario Canada Long Point,. Turkey point ,Grand Bend and Sauble mostly
Style: Just rideing and Jumping
Gear: Beast Waroo 20M
Epic Renagade 9M
Naish Cults 12M & 7.5M
Ozone Zephyr 17
Peter Lynn Phantom ARC 15M & 9M
2 Custom made Stainless steel Kite buggys
Spleen door 64
Jelly fish Custom 165 & 138
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby NaishBear » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:06 am

WOW!! Cameron: You are ripping it up buddy looking Sick out there. You take right after your Dad don' you? I look forward to getting back down to Hatteras in the spring with the crew and hope to get to ride with you and your dad. I am STOKED to get chance to check out the New Renegade Infinity when I am there. I kind of think that I inspired your dad to build that kite or at least may have tipped the scales toward it's production, :thumb: when he saw me riding light winds at 280lbs :D . I can't wait until April to get down and see you & your dad ride with you guys and get a try on the Infinity!!

It's going to be a long winter I think!? :cry:

Keep us Posted on the Infinity Looking SICK.
and Play safe that goes for your Dad too...
Good Wind To You!!
Wayne

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:45 pm

Hello "shawntkeating",
Thank you for your true testimonial about the RENEGADE "infinity".
From the post you wrote it looks like you really enjoyed it.
I was not sure about the high end on this kite, but it looks like it worked very good in 20 knots and won't jelly fish especially for heavier riders.
Since I am more interested in the lower end of this kite, we are moving forward and making few other prototype but with more power for lower end. But don't worry the speed will be the same then the one you just tested. I want the RENEGADE "infinity" to have the power of an 18 meter kite but with the turning speed of a 12/13 meter kite.
Our goal is to have this kite be the light wind machine from 7 to 18 knots max. Not bad for an inflatable kite. :thumb:

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:54 pm

Dimitri, how is high-end of Screamers when compared to T-s?

Just got back from Cuba with my trusty '08 T's... one thing that i've noticed, yet again... T's have an amazing high end... I was riding my 14m tuned to medium power and having loads of fun when most people were on 9-12m kites... Though i'm 200lbs and I ride a really small board (for my weight and height)... that's just the way I like it... But since my T's are getting old, I'm planning to replace 'em with Screamers... hence, my question...

Thanks!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:18 pm

Hello "alexeyga",
I will try to respond to you the best way I can.
You have to understand that the Thruster 14 is not a true 14 but a 13.2m, so the high end is very good compare to its low end. This is why we don't do a SCREAMER 16 because the SCREAMER 14 has the low end of the T 16 but also you can hold the SCREAMER 14 in 22 knots. But remember you are 200 lbs. So maybe all the riders that were on 9 or 12 were maybe 150 to 180 lbs. That is something else to think about.
Now if you are thinking of replacing your T 14, you might want to go with the SCREAMER 12, but also that depends on what kind of wind you ride in, because the SCREAMER 12 has almost the same power then the T 14 but turns like an 11 meter. It is just the profile that makes the SCREAMER so powerful.
I think the best quiver for you will be SCREAMER 14 and 10.
So maybe start with a 14 and then later on get a 10 SCREAMER.

I hope this answers your question.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:41 pm

Thanks Dimitri... I was actually leaning more towards Screamers 14 and 10Ltd... as my 14 and 10 T's are the most used and most due to a replacement kites... So far I was very happy with this combo, although both 14 and 10 were lacking on the low end for my liking... but as i've said, the high-end is where it gets fun...

The way I ride, I prefer to be a little overpowered rather than to be a little under...

Ideally, i'll try to catch a demo somewhere to make a better decision.

Keep up the good work!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:48 pm

You won't be disappointed "alexeyga",
The combo of SCREAMER 14 & 10 for big riders is perfect. For my size 180 lbs it would be SCREAMER 12 & 9 if I had to choose but thank God I owe the company so I can get all the sizes I want :thumb: well most of the times.

Any way if you need more info don't hesitate to contact me at dimitri@epickites.com and will try to help you locate these kites from dealers or schools.

Return to “Kitesurfing”