Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Slingshot - 2011 Surf Series

Forum for kitesurfers
shymac
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Stevenson Point break; Sandbar HR; 3-mile; Hatch; Mosier; S.beach Newport. Timberline, Mount Hood Meadows, Whistler, Baker, Steamboat.
Favorite Beaches: SOCAL/PNW/HI/BCS/????
Style: Depends on the condition.
Gear: 2012 RPM 4.5/6/7/8/9/10/12/14

Boots/Strapless/Skim/Wakestake/Snowboard
Brand Affiliation: Free Agent
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Slingshot - 2011 Surf Series

Postby shymac » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:17 am

2011 Slingshot Surf Series.

The process: WVS Construction [Wood Veneer Sandwich]

We use a complex layering system combined with a use a superior epoxy resin. Old PU boards typically use polyester or standard epoxy resin. They are cheaper, because they are faster to manufacture. Unfortunately they are also super toxic and not very durable. We start with a super light weight EPS foam core, and then put on a 4 layers of light weight glass. We then bond all of this on a more dense layer of wood. The final layer is glass and superior epoxy resin layer. Along each step of the way we use vacuum bagging techniques to enhance the bonding strength. The final result is a proven light weight sandwich construction custom board that is more durable than then old PU boards. Slingshot I Bean Fusion Fin Box will be running standard on all surfboards for this year. This will enhance glass and fin connection and feel, help with durability and complete a rigid connection.

For further info please check slingshotsports.com
Attachments
1b.jpg
1b.jpg (99.17 KiB) Viewed 3634 times

shawntkeating
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: SLINGSHOT - 2011 Surf Series

Postby shawntkeating » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:09 am

Thanks for this video. I am getting the Dialer! :thumb:

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro

Re: SLINGSHOT - 2011 Surf Series

Postby TheJoe » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:18 am

I second that. I can't wait to get out and demo the dialer. That board looks like a light wind machine!!!

manjaca
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Torhamn, Sweden
Style: wave riding,big air, cruising, freestyle
Gear: Slingshot REV 13, Slingshot REV 9, Slingshot Rally 10, Tablas Twintip, Slingshot Tyrant 6'2, Crazyfly 5'5 Wave, Mystic Wetsuits, Mystic Firestarter Harnest
Brand Affiliation: None yet. Open for proposals. :)

Re: Slingshot - 2011 Surf Series

Postby manjaca » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:43 am

Great video! I was expecting a little more info on the Tyrant since I've already ordered it together with the Rally 10. I live in Sweden and we get most often onshore conditions, waves built up by wind. I ride a 5'5 Crazyfly Wave with straps and I am aiming on going strapless with this Tyrant. After your presentation I started to consider the Dialer. I have tried a similar shaped board and I liked it... Finally maybe a stupid question. Will the Tyrant do as an ordinary surfboard?

BR,
Anders

shymac
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Stevenson Point break; Sandbar HR; 3-mile; Hatch; Mosier; S.beach Newport. Timberline, Mount Hood Meadows, Whistler, Baker, Steamboat.
Favorite Beaches: SOCAL/PNW/HI/BCS/????
Style: Depends on the condition.
Gear: 2012 RPM 4.5/6/7/8/9/10/12/14

Boots/Strapless/Skim/Wakestake/Snowboard
Brand Affiliation: Free Agent

Postby shymac » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:46 pm

Your gonna be super stoke on the new Tyrant! All new redesign and shape over that of last year BWP.

Not so much concave and more versatile but still a aggressive shape. Super smooth, stable, and fast. Depending on the size you purchased the 6'2" is running carbon rails..

Once you have it in your hand and get ridin you know how sick it is... Really hard to explain sickness with out sounding like a total DB.. :D

sammyd
Rare Poster

Postby sammyd » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:18 am

A word of caution on the fast track -
If you ride it with out straps you need the the insert strip -

Otherwise the fasttrack will slice up your feet -
heard this direct form some guys that tested the prototypes - still got the scars to show
ouch

BJkitesurf
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BJkitesurf » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:01 am

shymac wrote:Your gonna be super stoke on the new Tyrant! All new redesign and shape over that of last year BWP.

Not so much concave and more versatile but still a aggressive shape. Super smooth, stable, and fast. Depending on the size you purchased the 6'2" is running carbon rails..

Once you have it in your hand and get ridin you know how sick it is... Really hard to explain sickness with out sounding like a total DB.. :D
What's difference between Pit and Globetrotter ? Are Globetrotter and Pit still durable for high air ??? Flat or concave in bottom ?

manjaca
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Torhamn, Sweden
Style: wave riding,big air, cruising, freestyle
Gear: Slingshot REV 13, Slingshot REV 9, Slingshot Rally 10, Tablas Twintip, Slingshot Tyrant 6'2, Crazyfly 5'5 Wave, Mystic Wetsuits, Mystic Firestarter Harnest
Brand Affiliation: None yet. Open for proposals. :)

Postby manjaca » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:49 am

shymac wrote:Your gonna be super stoke on the new Tyrant! All new redesign and shape over that of last year BWP.

I ordered the 6'2 and I guess I will be super stoked :D Hopefully it will arrive next week!

overboard
Medium Poster

Postby overboard » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:29 am

You can modify the insert strip so that it can be easily fitted or removed when changing between strapped and strapless. Reduce the thickness of the insert strip, stick some polycarbonate on the bottom of it and make up a couple of sliders for the track to secure it with a couple of screws. Makes it very quick to fit or remove. Done it to my Slingshot Aviso with fastrack and also modified the front pad the same way so I can use it when strapless.

Phil
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Famara
Gear: Naish Slash 2017 9m & 7m, Firewire Vader 5'3, HB Lafayette 5'10

Postby Phil » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:46 am

overboard wrote:You can modify the insert strip so that it can be easily fitted or removed when changing between strapped and strapless. Reduce the thickness of the insert strip, stick some polycarbonate on the bottom of it and make up a couple of sliders for the track to secure it with a couple of screws. Makes it very quick to fit or remove. Done it to my Slingshot Aviso with fastrack and also modified the front pad the same way so I can use it when strapless.
Hard to figure out your setup :?:
Could you please post a few pics?

Phil
Have Fun & Ride Safe

Return to “Kitesurfing”