Favorite Beaches: Outer Banks
Style: Freeride, freestyle, strapless
Gear: Shinn, Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

OR JT Pro Details

Postby ktflyer381 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:17 am

I would like some more details on this board. I have a Mako 140 and a Mako King but I am interested in the JT Pro for flat water. Most manufacturers post a fair bit of detail about their boards, however I find the details on the OR site really, really vague. Unfortunately I won't be able to demo this board first, so I need to know what the board is about.

Is there a lot of rocker? Is it single concave, double, quad (even when I enlarge the pictures I can't tell). Is this an all around flat water board or is it really geared to the hard core wake styler (is is more like an Underground Flex or a Cabrinha Custom in terms of usability)? How is it in the chop? Does it plane early or require being powered up? Some of these questions are obviously related, but more info is better in my opinion.

I'm not knocking the OR boards, in fact I love the ones I have, I just think the web site needs some more detail. Let's face it, a lot of us can't demo the board, and as good a track record as OR might have it is a little bit much to ask us to pay a good chunk of cash on faith alone.

The one thing that OR has made abundantly clear is that Jeremie Tronet seems to like it (good thing), but I want more!

Kevin

jaros
Frequent Poster

Re: OR JT Pro Details

Postby jaros » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:25 am

http://jeremietronet.com/blog/archives/639
Here you can find some informations, if you have not seen this jet...
Greetings,
Jaros

tommeltot
Medium Poster
Gear: Various

Postby tommeltot » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:28 am

I have just demo'd the 132 JT Pro. I've been using the 2008 129 Zen up 'til now. The JT is 3cm longer and 1cm wider. The JT is lighter than the Zen's and has a little more flex. In common with other OR boards it has the 'Bliss' footpads.

The JT planes early for me at 64.5 kilos. It's a big improvement on its predesessor.

It rides nice in coastal chop. I'd say it really eats the stuff and in conjunction with those footpads is a smooth and comfy ride.

I believe the JT has the same 7mm concave as the Zen had. I think you'd call this single concave?

You obviously need a certain amount of kite power to get up and ride but this is obviously dependant on the riders weight/skill level. At my 'lack of puddings' the Zen was my only board and I rode it in the low 'teens (mph) into the very high 20's.+

The 'pop' is great for freestyle and it's an easy board to load ready for those freestyle tricks.

It's definately the way to go if you want a freestyle orientated board and its priced competatively too.

You won't be disappointed.

Hope this helps you?

Andy

ktflyer381
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Ontario
Favorite Beaches: Outer Banks
Style: Freeride, freestyle, strapless
Gear: Shinn, Cabrinha

Postby ktflyer381 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:23 pm

That does help. I rode the 129 Zen a couple of years ago in Cabarete and liked it, if the JT Pro just improves on that then it should be great.

I take it then that it doesn't have a huge amount of rocker like a Naish Momentum, Cab Custom or Nobile NHP?

Kevin

Pilsner14
Rare Poster

Postby Pilsner14 » Thu May 12, 2011 6:35 am

Anybody riding and would like to share??

Return to “Kitesurfing”