naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Re: Slingshot Tyrant 6'2' finbox Fix

Postby naishdude » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:21 pm

I did not like what happened, but at least they reacted and offered a possible solution,
I think the best thing to do, as you sayn, is to remove the shims and file down the fins!
Thx

shymac
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Stevenson Point break; Sandbar HR; 3-mile; Hatch; Mosier; S.beach Newport. Timberline, Mount Hood Meadows, Whistler, Baker, Steamboat.
Favorite Beaches: SOCAL/PNW/HI/BCS/????
Style: Depends on the condition.
Gear: 2012 RPM 4.5/6/7/8/9/10/12/14

Boots/Strapless/Skim/Wakestake/Snowboard
Brand Affiliation: Free Agent
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Slingshot Tyrant 6'2' finbox Fix

Postby shymac » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:11 pm

I've tested the strenght of those fin boxes and there solid... As long as they don't speed finishin them too much to where the glass isnt there... We have seen a couple of those so warranty a board for this issue will not be a problem.

I smacked the fin major... Exposed reef head to direct hit on right side... BAM! thougth I blew out the whole rear end... Got the board.. fliped it over and only had a bit of fin damage near the box.. Box was in tack! Riding strapless helps with damage but still a direct hit... Rode back and sanded down fin with coral rock bit and went out riding... Any other findbox would have been complete F'd... Mini Tuttle fin box's work. :bye:
Attachments
6.jpg
6.jpg (146.9 KiB) Viewed 404 times

Return to “Kitesurfing”