Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Best Low-end of the '11 Naish Kites

Forum for kitesurfers
SO_FL_Kiter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Jupiter, FL; Juno Beach, FL
Favorite Beaches: Jupiter Kitebeach, Biscayne Bay
Style: Wave/Freeride
Gear: 15M LF Envy, 12M North Rebel, 11M SS Rev2, 10M North Rhino, 9M LF Session, Airush Sector, Naish Custom Global 6'2", Liquid Force 5'7" FCD, Cabrinha Custom 136, Crazyfly Raptor 132
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best Low-end of the '11 Naish Kites

Postby SO_FL_Kiter » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:21 pm

I've got an opportunity to get a pretty good price on some 2011 Naish Kites, and I am looking to replace my existing and worn out 12 M. I have a 10 M that I ride most of the time, and a 16 M for the really light days, so I am looking for something to fill the gap and get me going from 14 mph and up. So, of the 2011 Naish models, should I go with Park, Bolt, or Charger in a 12 M size for the best low-end? I'm mostly in the ocean with conditions ranging from flat/choppy to almost double overhead and switch back and forth from a 6'2" thruster to 132 CF twin-tip.

Chris

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Best Low-end of the '11 Naish Kites

Postby Tone » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:50 pm

are they even out yet?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:43 pm

The charger isn't out yet as far as I know.

In terms of which between the Bolt and Park..I'd say go with the kite that does what you want it to do. The Park is faster turning, jumps better-ish, loops better, but the Bolt is more stable, sits better and have a an insane windrange...well the park also have a huge windrange, but the Bolt is more stable in really gusty wibnds.

I love the 12 Park..my buddy loves his 12 Bolt (he went from the Torch). If you ride the waves like I do, by following your kite more then I'd say Park...the Park seems more nimble in turning, but if you crank the bolt it sure turns too...

I think depending on your weight / skills, both kites should have you up and going in 14 mph. I am not sure which has the better low end. Both have advantages..like the Park is super light since it only has 3 struts, but the Bolt has the sigma which makes it more balanced in ultra light wind. I think both are good IMO. For me personally the Park has the advantage.

:-)

topmick
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sunshine Coast
Favorite Beaches: Cotton Tree
Style: surf
Gear: Switch
FireWire

Postby topmick » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:28 pm

I'd go the 12m Park, imo the Bolts get better in the smaller sizes (8>).

kytsrf
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby kytsrf » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:23 am

Jeremy Green at Jupiter Kite boarding has a 12 Park demo that's only been out
about 3 times - - - try it!

Return to “Kitesurfing”