Best Taboo... I have tried it...

Forum for kitesurfers
olsen
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best Taboo... I have tried it...

Postby olsen » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:29 pm

Over the last week I could test the new Taboo 12 while I was up in Norway. I could fly it in all kinds of wind. From super low till blowing to hell.
This kite is awesome for unhooked kiting and stability. There is no backstall or frontstall at all! Even riding towards the kite with your adjuster fully open and it just keeps flying. You never have to touch the adjuster before unhooking. That`s amazing! The lift is good with some nice float but not coming close to the lift of the Nemesis. The relaunch even worked reverse on the snow cause the 12 is build pretty light. About stability...I didn`t have such a relaxed session for a long time . It just stays in the air no matter how bad you treat it .
The 12 was really fast but with smooth power...
So overall the Taboo improved my kiting alot in just one week and so I even had to write Peter (designer) a mail how good this kite is :mosh: :clap: :mosh:

ktflyer381
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Ontario
Favorite Beaches: Outer Banks
Style: Freeride, freestyle, strapless
Gear: Shinn, North
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Best Taboo... I have tried it...

Postby ktflyer381 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:43 pm

Supercool that you know the designer and have his email. Doesn't sound like a biased review at all.

Maybe it is a good kite, but I can't tell from your review that's for sure.

Kevin

twah
Medium Poster

Postby twah » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:35 am

ktflyer381 wrote:Supercool that you know the designer and have his email. Doesn't sound like a biased review at all.

Kevin
way to shit all over this guy's stoke
clearly he liked the kite so much he'd thought he would tell the world. i'm sure everyone has had this feeling, and you go and knock him down. you are a mother fucking douchebag. bet you fly foil kites too.

thanks for sharing your stoke olsen :thumb:

meinonghitdatbong
Rare Poster

Postby meinonghitdatbong » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:50 am

man, a lot of kiters are soo fucking lame. i love this sport but i have to deal with these dickheads everyday who just wanna bitch about EVERYTHING! Just a heads up: you are not saying anything new. ive heard all your shit about your preconceived ideas about what everybody else should do to be safe, whos a kook, whos just pumping up a company.

i realize this is all going to fall on deaf ears but EVERYTHING YOU SAYING IS NOT NEW OR INTERESTING. f*** all yall and your conceded kite dogmas.... if anyone wanted to hear that shit, trust me, they would have no problem finding it on practically any kite forum so no need to generate more garbage. not to single out anybody here this applies to thousands of you

but for all those riders like olsen who actually have something positive, maybe even original to say--on a better day, id say id fall into this crowd--cheers! you guys actually keep this sport legit

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:04 am

twah wrote:
ktflyer381 wrote:Supercool that you know the designer and have his email. Doesn't sound like a biased review at all.

Kevin
way to shit all over this guy's stoke
clearly he liked the kite so much he'd thought he would tell the world. i'm sure everyone has had this feeling, and you go and knock him down. you are a mother fucking douchebag. bet you fly foil kites too.

thanks for sharing your stoke olsen :thumb:
now I can certainly agree that it is nice to hear when someone is psyched on a kite, but twah, really, that you should call someone out on being negative was a little surprising.

Olsen: Killer you found a kite you like!!!

kitesurfrabbi
Frequent Poster

Postby kitesurfrabbi » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:39 am

http://www.bestkiteboarding.com/Team-Oliver-Palmers

[quote]Olsen: Killer you found a kite you like!!![/quote]

sounds more like, best finally made a kite again that good riders can appreciate ;-)
which doesn't take away anything about the stoke on his new kite, if you know olsen you know how he suffered during the last year with the kites they gave him ;-)

Tiago1973
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Portugal
Style: Freeriding

Postby Tiago1973 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:06 pm

Being myself the average Joe Doe looking in the market for a new kite this kind of reviews does not help much.

I expect there are un-written guide-lines for someone who rides for a brand and express their feelings on a public forum, but reading a semi-pro rider improve a lot his level in just 1 week due to a new piece of gear is in the border line of being ridiculous. Or alternatively should I conclude 2010 gear were just a piece of crap?

Suggestion is to pre-review the next similar post w/ Best marketting department.

This is just hidden brand publicity.

JerseyPride
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sandy Hook to Kite Island
Style: powered
Brand Affiliation: consumer

Postby JerseyPride » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:44 pm

meinonghitdatbong wrote:man, a lot of kiters are soo fucking lame. i love this sport but i have to deal with these dickheads everyday who just wanna bitch about EVERYTHING!
word

ktflyer381
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Ontario
Favorite Beaches: Outer Banks
Style: Freeride, freestyle, strapless
Gear: Shinn, North

Postby ktflyer381 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:30 pm

I'm actually not a negative poster, but some of you seem to have anger management issues. I just think that someone with ties to a company needs to state that so that the review can be judged appropriately.

I love all of you nonetheless, and like I said, it may be a nice kite. Just state your affiliations when giving a review, it's not too much to ask.

Twah, my apologies for being so negative, I will try to follow your example and be more positive, encouraging and polite in the future. I didn't know you ride Best and that I would hit a nerve.

Peace and love.

Kevin

twah
Medium Poster

Postby twah » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:34 pm

ktflyer381 wrote:I'm actually not a negative poster, but some of you seem to have anger management issues. I just think that someone with ties to a company needs to state that so that the review can be judged appropriately.

I love all of you nonetheless, and like I said, it may be a nice kite. Just state your affiliations when giving a review, it's not too much to ask.

Twah, my apologies for being so negative, I will try to follow your example and be more positive, encouraging and polite in the future. I didn't know you ride Best and that I would hit a nerve.

Peace and love.

Kevin
ok here's a go at your review format:

REVIEW OF KEVIN

Hello, my name is twah. I am unaffiliated.
Kevin is still a douchebag.

muchos love,

-twah

Return to “Kitesurfing”