Airush Vapor X 10m
Airush Vapor X 12m
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kiteboard and wake boots

Postby justkid » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:25 pm

Hi guys.
Wanna try my 2008 Aboards X-series board with wake boots for cable and some kite sessions. Found the boots I like, Ronix Kai CT 2010. And the point is about the inserts. The board has ~5,79", ~6,57" and 8" spacing, Ronix boots are 6". Will by boots from the Internet from US so can't try it first and will not be able to return them. Any chances they'll fit ok? Does anyone have 2010 Ronix boots? Can't see from images if the holes are small and round or ellipsoid? Is there a possibility for some adjustment?
I'm aware that 6,5" LF boots most likely will fit, but they'll be 2009. And have bad responses from friends on last years LF quality.

stefaans
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Kiteboard and wake boots

Postby stefaans » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:17 am

Ronix doesn't have holes but a slot you need to fit into and has to be 6". you rotate around the slot to adjust your stance "duck". BTW this is just what i saw on a friends and i didn't notice any other way to make it work but for sure can't say 100%

Get these and don't look back.
http://www.slingshotsports.com/2011-RAD ... ory=31245#

justkid
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Ukraine: Popovka, Koblevo
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius: Blue Bay, Le Morne
Style: freestyle
Gear: Aboards X series 131
Airush Vapor 3 7m
Airush Vapor X 10m
Airush Vapor X 12m

Postby justkid » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:06 pm

stefaans wrote:Get these and don't look back.
http://www.slingshotsports.com/2011-RAD ... ory=31245#
Those are way too much priced for me
Any other 6" plate boots with some space for adjustments?
Or the other way. Which kiteboards (brands) are compatible with 6" boots?

stefaans
Very Frequent Poster

Postby stefaans » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:12 pm

You could potentionaly buy the boots you want and fit them to your board. Seens tons of people just drill their own holes. If you do get the boots and the spacing doesn't line up with the holes or the potential to drill your own then maybe buy another board. I think all the latest moddel boards are 6" so no need to worry about that.

stefaans
Very Frequent Poster

Postby stefaans » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:13 pm

You could potentionaly buy the boots you want and fit them to your board. Seens tons of people just drill their own holes. If you do get the boots and the spacing doesn't line up with the holes or the potential to drill your own then maybe buy another board. I think all the latest moddel boards are 6" so no need to worry about that.

islandstylen
Very Frequent Poster

Postby islandstylen » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:26 pm

best to get a board that is designed with boots in mind ... gotta have some nice rocker to smooth out those landings, especially if you gunna use it on the cable. think of the knees!!
influence or concept from LF or similar should do it.
or you can just drill your own inserts.

VOMKB
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force

Postby VOMKB » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:26 am

justkid wrote:Hi guys.
Wanna try my 2008 Aboards X-series board with wake boots for cable and some kite sessions. Found the boots I like, Ronix Kai CT 2010. And the point is about the inserts. The board has ~5,79", ~6,57" and 8" spacing, Ronix boots are 6". Will by boots from the Internet from US so can't try it first and will not be able to return them. Any chances they'll fit ok? Does anyone have 2010 Ronix boots? Can't see from images if the holes are small and round or ellipsoid? Is there a possibility for some adjustment?
I'm aware that 6,5" LF boots most likely will fit, but they'll be 2009. And have bad responses from friends on last years LF quality.
I am not aware of any quality issues, but you can use the adapters that LF made to mount boots with a 6" spread onto a 6.5" spread. I have 2011 unions (6" spread) on a recoil 136 2009, which has a 6.5" spread.

Jaime

oskarryden
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Ringsegård, Skrea strand, Apelviken
Favorite Beaches: Apelviken
Style: Wake and freestyle
Gear: RRD Obsession 9 & 12 and Nobile 50fifty 139 cm

Postby oskarryden » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:24 am

If you are riding i salt water, your Ronix Kai boot will not last for long, I hade mine for 4-5 months. Always rinsing them after sessions. But Kai is the only boot from Ronix that got metal on it. It started to corrode and a week after it first apeared, BANG and the laces fell off.

The people at the shop where I bought them and Ronix gave me a new pair of Frank instead! Loving them!

Go for Frank, One or Cell.

Get yourself an other board for boots as well. X-series way to flat and soft. When you ride it on the cable it is going to be faaaast. Get rocker!!! Cabrinha Custom, Aboard W-series, Slingshot Darkside or Liquid Force Watson Hybrid. The last one and the w-series of good for wake as well. There is alot of boards out there. Just make sure that the board is not to flexy and that the board got heaps of rocker!

Keep it up!
Last edited by oskarryden on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kobrin
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Zeebrugge, Vrouwenpolder
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco, hamata kitevillage, kremasti
Style: Big air, freestyle, wake
Gear: North vegas 12m 2008

North evo 2009 7m and 2012 9m

Aboards Z-series 2013 133*41
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby Kobrin » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:56 am

Attachments
w-series_t_b.jpg
w-series_t_b.jpg (93.99 KiB) Viewed 2568 times

Antigrav
Frequent Poster
Style: Wakestyle
Brand Affiliation: Shop rider

Postby Antigrav » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:06 pm

Kobrin wrote:The Aboards W-series looks sick !
It rides SICK too :thumb:

I went from the 2010 x series to the w series, such a better board for boots. The x series worked fine for me and fitted my boots no problem (another vote for ronix franks! Best boots ever) but it was too flat so cable was interesting. The w series is still faster at cable than a wakeboard but it's a vast improvement and much more manageable :D

The spacing you've mentioned sounds odd? Are you measuring between the edges of the insert or to the centre? Pretty sure aboards use standard 6", 6.5" and 8" but I'm not sure. Maybe just drop them an email and ask?

Return to “Kitesurfing”