Dr_Rosen
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: From Cult to Torch....

Postby Dr_Rosen » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:03 pm

JGTR wrote:
Dr_Rosen

But IMHO there is no reason to go to a C kite unless you ride unhooked.

What a load of crap. C kites aren't just for unhooked.......don't talk about stuff you obviously know nothing about. I've been flying 2010 Cults and Torches back to back today and yep the Cult is ok for normal riding but when pushed it seriously couldn't handle it, the Torch has alot more direct feel (yep that's bar pressure) power through turns allowing you to really get some carving going on, was so much more stable (I had the Cult flapping like a seagull on more than one occasion)

It's the old cliche, Cults (SLEs) like a comfy auto, Torch like a 4wd rally car ie more performance!!!

Jay
Then it's good we have skilled people like you to teach us all on the only correct opinion :roll:

The Cult is the worst kite I have tried for flat water stuff, so of course a Torch excels for everything on flat water compared to that. (I am sure the cult is a fine wave kite).
In my opinion it is unhooked that the C kite really shine compared to good SLE's.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: From Cult to Torch....

Postby JGTR » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:21 am

In my opinion it is unhooked that the C kite really shine compared to good SLE's.
Well that's not what you said earlier!!!!! You want yo make your mind up!!!!

Anyway you are still wrong, C kites shine over SLEs in alot more ways than just unhooked.....some SLEs are just as capable unhooked, the eH Rhipper for one unhooks like a dream, more so than my Torches :D

If you are wanting a kite for unhooked yep I agree Cs are best way to go but that's not all they are about.

Return to “Kitesurfing”