Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Some ideas for Naish designers for 2012..

Forum for kitesurfers
Rossall
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Blackpool and Como.
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras
Waddell
Tarifa
Gear: Follow the Rabbits
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii
Has thanked: 0

Re: Some ideas for Naish designers for 2012..

Postby Rossall » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:45 pm

One for the Software products really, Naish make some great travel bags but due to the Child like Pirate graphics I wouldn't be seen dead carrying one through the airport, my 10 year old son thinks there pretty cool though as they resemble the Pirates of the Caribbean 4 logo !!!! :-?

Phil

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby JGTR » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:19 pm

Rossall wrote:One for the Software products really, Naish make some great travel bags but due to the Child like Pirate graphics I wouldn't be seen dead carrying one through the airport, my 10 year old son thinks there pretty cool though as they resemble the Pirates of the Caribbean 4 logo !!!! :-?

Phil
What and your dope smoking gay rabbit is any better :rollgrin: That's frikking hilarious :lol: Must be quote of the year surely :?: :?: :?:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:48 pm

JGTR wrote:
Rossall wrote:One for the Software products really, Naish make some great travel bags but due to the Child like Pirate graphics I wouldn't be seen dead carrying one through the airport, my 10 year old son thinks there pretty cool though as they resemble the Pirates of the Caribbean 4 logo !!!! :-?

Phil
What and your dope smoking gay rabbit is any better :rollgrin: That's frikking hilarious :lol: Must be quote of the year surely :?: :?: :?:
\lol
let the furries be.
Attachments
furries[1].jpg

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:18 am

Torch.
Love it, only thing is that 5th line system like North`s, it outdated. It`s from 2005!!

Park.
A 4.5/5m and a 7-9-11m. No back-stall unhooked, at all.

Bolt,
Range like the old Cult`s, for those that like that. (New Bolt is a little to powerful for the women/strapless crowd)

Fish.
Why?? Make a real bump and jump strapless board.

Global wave.
Love it. Keep them coming.

Momentum..
Best board in years. Future, make it work without fins! (Concave/rails etc.)

Thorn.
A little lighter. Makes it also better for boards off`s, as well as the free-stylers.

Wakeskate.
LOVE... Right price!

Kites.. Make a dumpvalve at the tip!!
Travelbag. Make on like the golf/travel, that`s made for a surfboard 6.2, and 3 kites.
Throw a t-shirt in every kitebag, and get free advertising.
3 sizes CL.

TommyDuotone
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: IB, Rauls, 38's, Gavs
Style: surf
Gear: North, Ocean Rodeo, Firewire

Postby TommyDuotone » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:40 am

The bar could use some improvements.

Above the bar depower(not straps)
The stopper ball slides around too easily and throw is too long.
The grip: Mine is already peeling after only a few sessions.
Flag line: If this was geared for novice riders, it's not a very good design. The weight of the leash when connected causes the line to drag down near your feet.

After owning Liquid Force, Slingshot, Naish, North, Epic and trying various others, it's really hard to beat the North bar if I'm being completely honest. Except for maybe the grip(Epic is really comfy)

Very happy with all the Naish kites I've owned and would really like to try the park. :D

hajvar
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Long Beach, NY
Gilgo Beach
Robert Moses
Democrat Point
Tobay
Gear: 2016 Naish Park HD 7m-9m-12m
Switchkites Legacy 2 12m
Tona Flow 140 x 43.3
Ronix Park Boots

Postby hajvar » Fri May 13, 2011 11:39 pm

Shouldn't we be getting some leaked images of 2012 kites already???

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Mon May 16, 2011 4:24 am

like teh torch buuuuut on torch

longer chicken loop another 12cm..? - i want to unhook - not mess around depowering kite first and then it not steering too good

bar and lines - lines all the way from bar - all 5 of them but with kite redesign so it does not flare - especially for super high wind riding where i have had some hairy moments of wierd tanglage :-)

bigger stainless piece that depower line goes around - well anything that stops lines and that getting jammed in bar hole when you let go in very high wind.

Chef
Rare Poster

Postby Chef » Mon May 16, 2011 10:30 pm

hajvar wrote:Shouldn't we be getting some leaked images of 2012 kites already???
Yes, once the Boss has approved them, and got his "random" poster to upload them. :lol:

I'd like to see a kite that performs and lives up to the hype. The Torch is a great kite and sets standards, we all know this. The others? Well I tried them out and the Bolt was terrible (I really mean terrible), and the Charger was a poor copy of the Bandit. I thought I'd like the Park but it was a let down. Too much hype behind the brand that never lives up to it's own narcissistic BS. Try not BS'ing the riders and stop trying to claim "New groundbreaking designs" like Sigma! It sucks, you know it, we know it. I mean, there's only 1 kite left with it, so it's a great success right? LOFLMAO! 2012, the SIGMAless Year! PLEASE! ! ! !

I bought Nomads, as did many at my local beach. Perhaps Naish can copy this and claim it as a Stand Out Design! HAHA!

Chef
Rare Poster

Postby Chef » Mon May 16, 2011 10:30 pm

hajvar wrote:Shouldn't we be getting some leaked images of 2012 kites already???
Yes, once the Boss has approved them, and got his "random" poster to upload them. :lol:

I'd like to see a kite that performs and lives up to the hype. The Torch is a great kite and sets standards, we all know this. The others? Well I tried them out and the Bolt was terrible (I really mean terrible), and the Charger was a poor copy of the Bandit. I thought I'd like the Park but it was a let down. Too much hype behind the brand that never lives up to it's own narcissistic BS. Try not BS'ing the riders and stop trying to claim "New groundbreaking designs" like Sigma! It sucks, you know it, we know it. I mean, there's only 1 kite left with it, so it's a great success right? LOFLMAO! 2012, the SIGMAless Year! PLEASE! ! ! !

I bought Nomads, as did many at my local beach. Perhaps Naish can copy this and claim it as a Stand Out Design! HAHA!

halfpipe62
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Alameda
Favorite Beaches: Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii
Style: Freestyle, some ocean riding
Gear: Naish

Postby halfpipe62 » Tue May 17, 2011 12:50 am

Chef wrote:

I have to say the Sigma design is not a failure. I think it just took a few years to perfect. The 2010 Helix is perfect example of that. C kite feel with depower of SLE. I own 7, 9 and 12. I am not sure why they ended it there and went to bolt.

In my experience I usually wait a few years before buying a certain model kite. Wait till they get it just right.

Also, Momentum is an amazing board.

2011 fish is a so fun even if you don't ride waves that often.

Return to “Kitesurfing”