-7.5 m, BEST kahoona -09
-9 m Switch Element -12
-13 m Switch Element -12
-17 m Blade Fat Lady -11
-10 m, FS Psycho3, -08

Boards:
-OR Mako 150x40.
-OR Mako King 165x44
Brand Affiliation: Switchkites Team rider.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New harness thread (again)???

Postby Telekiter » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:24 am

Ok, guys and gals. So here my Q about a new harness:

I´ve been riding an Mystic Darkrider Waist-Seat for many years and now I need something new. My Waist-Seat is realy stiff and high on the sides so I fell somewhat restrickted in side-to-side movements. The waist-seat modell has worked realy well when using my drysuit since the leg strapps prevent it riding up and the EVA-foam on the inside is very good att keeping it down without the leg straps when using a wet suite.

So these are the harnesses I´m considering:

-LF pro comp (does it have EVA-foam on the inside of the harness ALL THE WAY AROUND?)
-Dakine Pyro (same Q as above)
-OR Session2 (it is also very high on the sides just as my current Darkrider so does it restrict movements side to side?) Though It does have the legstraps so it would certainly be good for snowkiting and when using my dry suite. Hmmmm.

My wife uses a Mystic Hana. This harness have EVA-foam only in the back and so the harness does ride up on the sides an front, kind of twists upwards. I did remedy this with applying "liquid rubber" with a brush on the sides and on the inside of the "powerbelt". This is why I want EVA-foam, covering the whole insideof the new harness.

BTW, I ride using a Dynabar so will these harnesses fitt the dynabar without cutting into the harness?

Further, I have no chance of testing any of them so......

Anything else to consider?

/Urban.

NickStuart
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Hood River, OR
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: New harness thread (again)???

Postby NickStuart » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:21 pm

The new Cartel from Naish might be worth looking at. It does have Eva foam in the back to prevent it from riding up. I have not had any problems with this harness rising up. It has a 3D molded back plate for support and a nice bar pad. The dynabar should work but you will not have the easy click in system that it comes with. Here is a link:

http://www.naishkites.com/2011/en/soft-tech.html

It is harness 5 in the bottom scroll bar.

Cheers.

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster

Postby robertovillate » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:56 pm

Jay Factory (Dynabar) has come up with adapters for some easy click systems. Check their websote for more info.

mute
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Estonia, Tallinn - Stroomi, Kakumäe etc.

Postby mute » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:41 am

Try North Styler harness (not air styler). Just make sure you take one without the air pad. The ones from 08,09,10 are all really comfortable.

2talented
Frequent Poster

Postby 2talented » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:44 pm

The north harnesses are sweet! they feel like they fit a size smaller, but they dont. I ride the LF comp and it rides up more than my mystic and the north doesnt ride up at all.

Return to “Kitesurfing”