nomad vs SB

Forum for kitesurfers
deepwater
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

nomad vs SB

Postby deepwater » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:41 pm

I have 12SB and 9Sb here on ontario I'm ok for 90% of winds 9SB have great low end
even too much ,great relanch , thinking replace 9sb for 9Nomad but remember when it just came up i tried and I just cant relanch those kite ,how its now ? just looking something for waves and litle bit faster,
Tried 7 in 16 +kn with surf board not bad but need 20kn least to go solid
tnx

MikeYQM
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: Darkside Kites - Dealer for Slingshot, Cabrinha, NP Surf & JP Australia

Re: nomad vs SB

Postby MikeYQM » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:09 am

They did make big improvements in the Nomad in 2011, including the relaunch and overall wind range. Keep in mind though, the 9m Nomad has a pretty similar wind range to an 8m SB. If you want a fast kite, the Nomad is it!

Mike
Darkside Kites
www.darksidekites.ca

deepwater
Rare Poster

Postby deepwater » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:11 pm

Tnx Mike
I was worry just about relanch,couse dont wanna swim here too long :)

alpower
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alpower » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:57 am

I have 4 Nomads, 3 are 2010 and the 11m is a 2011. The low end of the 2011 is extremely improved but I would say the reluanch is worse. I do love these kites though. Prior to the Nomads I was all SB's. If you are looking for relaunch, the SB is a better choice.

deepwater
Rare Poster

Postby deepwater » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:02 am

If you are looking for relaunch, the SB is a better choice.

Tnx ..Have to try prolly .....I remember tried 1st nomad ,kite just so hard relaunch . Big issue though for me ,but like how it fly ,and bar much ligther...

capitan nemo
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby capitan nemo » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:51 pm

i have a nomad 11 2010, its wind range is good enough for me, boosts nice air and quite fast for an 11.
i use it mostly for hooked in tricks. and i found it better than the SB at the time i tested them.
i am used to C kites, so i never had any problems with the relaunch, but i guess that it would be easier on the SB.

deepwater
Rare Poster

Postby deepwater » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:25 pm

[Tnx guys Just came from lokal dealer try to trade in my SB ,he told me wait Cabrihna will bring new wave kite ,and Nomad will be freestyle kite ,but not gonna wait , new kite -new hidden problem ,Nomad already 3rd line they fix alot ...will see

experienced1
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby experienced1 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:21 am

There are two settings on the wingtip and outside bridle line where your outside lines attach. For freestyle try the lighter/A setting..lighter bar pressure...this is the setting Alberto Rodina uses.

For waves try the light/B setting.
There are two small tags on the bridle line..Lighter/A and light/B....this needs to match the wingtip setting.

The Nomad is very close to a C kite with bridles...that's why it is more difficult to relaunch than the SB which is a Bow Kite...tha's also why it has less power. The 9m Nomad is like an 8...rides one size small.
steve

SlicerDicer
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach Maui
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby SlicerDicer » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:31 am

I love my 5.5 nomad, Pray for higher winds! :D

As for relaunching it just goes "bink" and its in the air? dunno what complaints are? Maybe your kite is under inflated pump that bastard up?

MikeYQM
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: Darkside Kites - Dealer for Slingshot, Cabrinha, NP Surf & JP Australia

Postby MikeYQM » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:11 am

As mentioned, relaunch is similar to a C kite. It relaunches well if you use the right technique. It's not a bow kite, relaunching that way won't work.

Return to “Kitesurfing”