Forum for kitesurfers
Pilsner14
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2011 Blade Boards....Anyone riding???

Postby Pilsner14 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:00 am

Anyone riding the Blade boards....Deuce or Scalper........and want to comment. Curious about buying a 2011 Scalper and want to see what the Kiteforum Crew has to say.

Thanks,
J.

kite_crazy66
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Since I started kiting I have been travelling... so you could say my local beaches are: Big Bay (Cape Town), Woody's (Perth), Lancelin, Geraldton (WA), Crissy, 3rd Ave, Sherman Island, Da'hab (Egypt)
Style: freestyle and old school
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: 2011 Blade Boards....Anyone riding???

Postby kite_crazy66 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:08 am

I've been riding the Scalper for about 9 months.
I mostly ride it with a 14m & 10m trigger.
My style is mostly freestyle with a little bit of old school.

The board gives me plenty of pop and the landings are quite forgiving. My favorite part about them are the pads. Its hard to explain, but they have a step under your toes which lets you hug the board a little better. Also, there is very little face spray compared to other boards I tried.
They're no good in waves... I always have a hard time controlling the board in waist high waves.

I also like it bc it's light weight, but I'm worried that it might result in me snapping it sooner than later.

I might buy a Deuce at the end of the summer bc I heard its more geared to freestyle, but Im also considering a Shinn's Monk or Xenon's Rayo.

Return to “Kitesurfing”