Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

True 'C' vs Bridled 'C' Hybrid

Forum for kitesurfers
frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: True 'C' vs Bridled 'C' Hybrid

Postby frankm1960 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:46 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:You over sheeted the kite when your fronts are too long.
It's will work as you say up to a point but if you over sheet too much, the kite flies forward poorly, will backstall, less depower.
Make all your lines even, if you need to oversheet a kite then you need a different size kite.
So true. I started doing this in lighter winds just for fun with the fuel... but it will still fly ok... it's amazing...even when I unhook it flys... my other c-kites would not... they'd do like you say... fly poorly and back stall... in fact that's how I land them... unhook, let them back stall almost to the ground down wind and then deploy the 5th and they flop down nice and gently on the ground. I can't do that with the fuel cause it won't back stall for some reason.

Depends on the kite I guess.

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50

Postby frankm1960 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:53 pm

McAbe wrote:A true C kite must have wing tip battens, inflated wing tips are so lame :baby:
Really? Why is that? I've got one with battens and the rest have inflated wing tips.
I like the battened wing tips cause the LE bladder is easier to take in and out and you can do a weighted wing tip solo launch much easier. Other than that I don't really notice the diff when flying but I haven't used the battened wing tip kite that much lately. Oh and I think the battened wing tip kites are a bit lighter.

McAbe
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Praia da Barra
Gear: Mixed

Postby McAbe » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:37 pm

frankm1960 wrote:
McAbe wrote:A true C kite must have wing tip battens, inflated wing tips are so lame :baby:
Really? Why is that? I've got one with battens and the rest have inflated wing tips.
I like the battened wing tips cause the LE bladder is easier to take in and out and you can do a weighted wing tip solo launch much easier. Other than that I don't really notice the diff when flying but I haven't used the battened wing tip kite that much lately. Oh and I think the battened wing tip kites are a bit lighter.
Thats just the way it is, it is above science and performance, a true C kite cant be pink either :thumb:

Noabacca
Frequent Poster

Postby Noabacca » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:39 pm

McAbe wrote:...a true C kite cant be pink either :thumb:
re-cock-ulous

Hansen Design
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Hansen Design » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:15 am

We use battens on the Switch Combat because the longer wingtips (if inflato tubes) are more prone to kinking under high loads - especially if they are not pumped hard or lose pressure due to a slow leak or temperature change. :thumb:
McAbe wrote:Thats just the way it is, it is above science and performance, a true C kite cant be pink either :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”