Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Grzybowo, Kołobrzeg, Polish Baltic Coast
Favorite Beaches: Polish Baltic Beach
Style: foilboarding
Gear: Flysurfer Souls, Moses Hydrofoil, BraCuru Boards
Brand Affiliation: Moses HF

Re: Kite Race in Sylt - Alemanha - live

Postby BraCuru » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:32 am

Shame on the organisers for so poor result updating. Nobody is interesting that race no.x was won by somebody followed by somebody. What about another 68 riders who are eager to know their present situation?
This is a lack of respect towards the competing riders.
As a spectator I feel disappoited.
Even the freestyle elimination result updating was a crap. We are talking about the worlds but not some amatour competition in Bangladesh.
Remember well how 2 years ago my son with 3 other Polish riders was competing in PKRA at St.Pieter-Ording. They did not bothered to check the results at the ONB as I got it quicker by net and could send a text message who advanced and who not.

I hope organisers of Europeans in Poland will take lessons from this poor performance.

NB. Why racing results are not published a minute after the course is closed?
Excuses that there are dozens of protests does not convince me at all. Please publish it with the note: the results after race no.x but before the protest committee hearings.
Then everybody would know more than less what is happening. Waiting for the race results more than 12 hours is unacceptable at the worlds.
Am I right or wrong?

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:39 pm

Apart from quicker results, we had no interviews between races, no video, no proper reports on what happened in races apart from some from the Ozone team riders and Bruno.

I think the guys running the races did a good job to run a lot of races in very extreme conditions. Some of the riders may not have been happy with the races being held in such extreme conditions, maybe because they brought equipment only suitable for less than 25 knots, but the top 2 men and top 2 women showed that if you are ready, the conditions could be raced in and that was a great illustration of the long term potential of racing.

The live cam really only gave an idea of the conditions and not much else, but with the races so far out and in those conditions, its hard to see how they could have cheaply provided video of the races.

I think the sponsors would have expected more coverage at the event. They seem to have had a lot of great action in terms of battling the conditions, but I still dont know what actually happened in most of the races. I'd also like to have heard a bit about what equipment was being used.
They just didn't seem to have thought out how to provide media coverage.

leepasty
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: porthleven, west cornwall, uk
Favorite Beaches: gnaraloo,curral jouel, One Eye, Haakgat,
porthleven, Gwithian
Style: Waves
Gear: Duotone Pro Wam, Pro Session and Neos
Brand Affiliation: sponsored by Duotone & Ion

Postby leepasty » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:00 pm

yeah i would of liked to see the list of registered equipment. this shouldnt of been too hard as every rider had to register 3 kites 1 board. asked for it but looks like toby couldnt get it.
up to date reports and even gps data would of been good. expected more after last years worlds. maybe next year they will have it sorted? if not bye bye olympics :bye:

Return to “Kitesurfing”