Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Conflict with beach user.....you can't please everyone.

Forum for kitesurfers
RichardM
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Northern Orange County
All Los Angeles County
All Ventura County
Some Santa Barbara County
Brand Affiliation: Malibu Kitesurfing
http://www.MalibuKitesurfing.NET
The BEST way to learn kitesurfing !
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Conflict with beach user.....you can't please everyone.

Postby RichardM » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:55 am

Jono 111 wrote:Hi Richard -

What exactly is it that you think you are acheiving here?

If it is to encourage people to see water access issues from a different perspective, it is self evident from this thread that your approach is entirely counter productive and has acheived nothing of any use.

If it is to try to use the forum to prove that you're better at winning an argument, regardless of the subject, then it is also self evident from this thread that you have failed entirely. Nobody has changed their views based on your rambling diatribes. Your posts are far too full of anger and far too defensive to succeed on this front.

You're simply coming across as a very angry man coming apart at the seams. I hope today is a better day for you.

All the best
Jonathan

ps....I see that you have moved from "raping your daughter" as an example of a threat, to "raping" with no specific gender assigned and now to "raping your dog". I'm intrigued as to what comes after dog?
Hi Jono:

I don’t agree with your analysis regarding my posts’ achievements or lack thereof, because I keep in mind that vast majority of forum members interested in this thread do not waste their time and energy posting on it. You might also consider the ramifications associated with the possibility that this lack of posting may indicate a generally higher level of rationality and intelligence than that of posters who devote time and effort to accomplish little other than getting stressed.

However, I appreciate your thorough analysis of my many posts and your sincere concern for my well being.

I’m also not surprised that you’re intrigued by “what comes after the dog” and assuming there’s not supposed to be some double meaning(s) there, feel free to offer any suggestions.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET

jkrug
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 200 lbs
Gear: stuff
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jkrug » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:27 pm

RichardM wrote: 3. WTF is the matter with you? Is it that you just read some other stoned poster’s comments and assume they’re true? Show me where I alleged that any action is analogous to rape and I’ll pay you $100.
in your first post, "If a kiter is such an a$$hole that he thinks it proper to threaten non-kiters, he should tell them he’ll shoot them or rape their daughter – NOT that they’ll be injured due to kiting activity.". so my question to you is: are you senile? anyway, please IM me and i'll let you know where to send the $100. thx.

stop your rant, get off your soapbox and listen. most of us agree with the basic premise that we have to go out of our way to keep our sport from getting banned. if poacher didn't feel that way, he and his buds would've been jumping over the a-hole's boat.

superstoke
Medium Poster

Postby superstoke » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:45 pm

RichardM wrote:If you don’t like BEING THE ABSOLUTE BOTTOM OF THE FOOD CHAIN REGARDING USE OF THE PUBLIC RESOURCE, your ONLY option is to get the local AUTHORITY to grant you some special use consideration (good luck).
This is exactly the pussy attitude I'm talking about. In negotiations you do not start out with less then what you want. You don't have to have gone to business school to know that.

We are at the absolute bottom on the food chain because we say we are. We will not rise above until we become believe that we have rights.

On a personal note, RichardM your post are universally annoying. You are wrong way more often then you are right. I find this funny as you obviously use Kiteforum as a platform to advertise your business for free. You think you would present your self as being less of an idiot and less of an nice person. But I guess it brings you business. Go figure.

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby frankm1960 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:17 pm

Pike wrote:well known story at our beach;

friend laying out his lines on the beach. man walking dog walks up to the lines and just stands there. Friend ask if evrything is alright, man orders friend to move his lines so he can carry on walking..

just where do you go from there?...
He's just asserting his rights is all ... and he is in the right... just ask other regular beach goers and the authorities :)

I've been lucky at the spots I go... folks here walk around or nimbly jump over my lines when they're in the way :) So far so good.

Should someone ever order me to move my setup for whatever reason then I'll move my stuff in a heart beat and smile the whole time :)

When I first started kiting I likely wouldn't have... but now I see the error in that :lol:

Call that pussy or whatever... but to me it's logical and the best way to keep access.

RichardM
Very Frequent Poster
All Los Angeles County
All Ventura County

Postby RichardM » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:38 pm

jkrug wrote:
RichardM wrote: 3. WTF is the matter with you? Is it that you just read some other stoned poster’s comments and assume they’re true? Show me where I alleged that any action is analogous to rape and I’ll pay you $100.
in your first post, "If a kiter is such an a$$hole that he thinks it proper to threaten non-kiters, he should tell them he’ll shoot them or rape their daughter – NOT that they’ll be injured due to kiting activity.". so my question to you is: are you senile? anyway, please IM me and i'll let you know where to send the $100. thx.

stop your rant, get off your soapbox and listen. most of us agree with the basic premise that we have to go out of our way to keep our sport from getting banned. if poacher didn't feel that way, he and his buds would've been jumping over the a-hole's boat.
I probably am senile, but I can still remember the purpose of a dictionary.

tomatkins
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomatkins » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:44 pm

After all this very interesting discussion, I would be interested in knowing if you would handle this situation in a different way, if it presents itself in the future. From your description of the incident, it sounds like a case of "the new kids on the block" (kiteboarders) invading someone's "secret spot", which in the past, has been someone else's "refuge of solitude", where they feel that they have a right to "peaceful enjoyment" of this unique special idylic piece of public land.

Any chance that in the future, you might try a different technique, like inviting the kids to fly a trainer kite on the sand spit. Happy kids make for happy parents and grandparents. Happy parents are a lot easier to deal with and introduce to "change".

The location sounds like a great place for water skiers and jet skiers, along with picnickers.

Do you guys arrive at the sand spit by boat or walk down through the trees?

RichardM
Very Frequent Poster
All Los Angeles County
All Ventura County

Postby RichardM » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:03 pm

superstoke wrote:
RichardM wrote:If you don’t like BEING THE ABSOLUTE BOTTOM OF THE FOOD CHAIN REGARDING USE OF THE PUBLIC RESOURCE, your ONLY option is to get the local AUTHORITY to grant you some special use consideration (good luck).
This is exactly the pussy attitude I'm talking about. In negotiations you do not start out with less then what you want. You don't have to have gone to business school to know that.

We are at the absolute bottom on the food chain because we say we are. We will not rise above until we become believe that we have rights.

On a personal note, RichardM your post are universally annoying. You are wrong way more often then you are right. I find this funny as you obviously use Kiteforum as a platform to advertise your business for free. You think you would present your self as being less of an idiot and less of an nice person. But I guess it brings you business. Go figure.
Hi Super:

I'm very glad to see that you're willing to at least say that you want to stand up for your rights as a kiter.

However it's odd that you apparently don't bother to read very many of the threads dealing with access. And you must not have bothered to actually read enough of my posts to have any basis for your definitive statement that I'm "..wrong way more often then [I'm] are right."

If you actually had done either of the above, you would see that in virtually every thread dealing with access, I am usually the ONLY one advocating taking an aggressive approach to dealing with authorities.

Perhaps you could check my profile and find an interesting access thread and comment on the posts regarding "self-policing" and ideas to FORCE the authorities to do their jobs such kiters can utilize the resource as much as possible. Unless of course whining and name calling will be more productive.

Richard M.
Malibu Kitesurfing - since 2002
(310) - 430 - KITE (5483)
kfRichard@MalibuKitesurfing.NET

superstoke
Medium Poster

Postby superstoke » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:43 pm

RichardM wrote: Unless of course whining and name calling will be more productive.
Hey Richard go fuck yourself.

I guess your Kiteforum advertising strategy is 'there is no such thing as bad press'. Be the biggest dick and the biggest idiot on kiteforum and people will notice you and your business. I guess it works for you, but how do you show your face in public?

You are right about IKO. I'll give you that. Even idiots are right sometimes.

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:22 pm

superstoke wrote:
RichardM wrote: Unless of course whining and name calling will be more productive.
Hey Richard go fuck yourself.
:lol: :rollgrin: :lol:

I think that about sums it up.....

Toby I think you can officially flush this thread if you like. It has provided me with some epic LOL moments, so I don't think it's been a total waste.

ToyletB - yeah man, I'll shoot ya a PM on Superior. It's actually supposed to honk NE today and tomorrow. It would be cool to meet a few other Midworst :wink: riders.

Tomatkins - yeah I would handle the situation differently next time. Offering a beer in advance can go a long way. I would still approach and just be friendly. If the guy was a dink, maybe I'd move on. Not sure, each encounter can be very different. I'll keep my options and roundhousing available.

All I do know is, the next time I run into a surly, seemingly unagreeable beach user I'm going to open with "Your name isn't Richard M. by chance......?"
:cool2:

I :heartface: the internet!

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Core, Armstrong, Axis, NP Surf, Ride engine, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com

Postby toyletbowl » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:30 pm

Poacher...that sounds great. Too bad RM doesn't understand that less = more. His posts are akin to PMU and FO combined. Not a good combo.

Return to “Kitesurfing”