Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Wainman 2012, new photos!

Postby Toby » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:31 am

just saw the latest stuff at the world cup in SPO...but the bar was still a prototype...but looked clean and simple.

Maybe someone did pictures? Or anything official from Wainman?

hydr8
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: Hydr8 Boardsports
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby hydr8 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:31 pm

We had a chance to test the full range of kites at the pkra in germany this weekend, the kites are incredible...

The bar -

We are not able to release pictures just yet but the new bar is looking very nice, super clean and simple yet very well thought out and practical.
It features an all new full flag out safety system that sits just above the redesigned chicken loop and runs up through the depower line up into a new swivel system that removes twists in the front lines automatically.
The depower system runs up and over a pully eliminating wear on the depower line and back into a clam cleat above the bar.
The chicken loop features a built in stainless steel ring for suicide attachment and a removeable donkey pin, the release system is simple and effective similar to the previous model, above the release a newly designed shaped stopper ball locks into the bar when sheeting in meaning the chicken loop stays locked in position when unhooking a huge improvement on the previous bar, the grip is nice, the bar ends are now softer with built in bar floats and the graphics are very bright and vibrant.

The bar is a benchmark in simple effective design with low wearing and low maintenence components, its great to see a system that is not overengineered or overcomplicated that works so well.

The kites -

Again we cannont publish any of our pictures just yet but in the flesh the kites are looking incredible, with highly detailed, bright vibrant colours and unique designs they feature a top quality screen print on both sides of the canopy.
The bridle sytems are simple and effective and feature the same multiple attachment options that were very popular in the previous models, beefed up construction on the leading edge, struts and wingtips ensure the kites retain their reputation of outstanding build quality and construction.
The new kites have been refined and tweaked for slightly better performance and some all new sizes have been introduced to the range to suit more riders.

On the Water the kites retain the same fast direct positive feeling and grunty power of the previous models and the new sizes are just as good, we tested every kite from the 7.5m to the 14.5m in variable conditions, as with the previous models these kites will once again take the kitesurfing world by storm.

WildDuke
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Taurama beach
Gear: 2012 10m Airush Varial X
2012 12m Airush One
2012 9m Airush One
2012 Cabrinha Custom 140x42.5 Board
2012 Liquidforce Vantage CT boots
2010 Dakine Pyro waist harness
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby WildDuke » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:28 am

[quote="hydr8"]We had a chance to test the full range of kites at the pkra in germany this weekend, the kites are incredible...

The bar -

We are not able to release pictures just yet but the new bar is looking very nice, super clean and simple yet very well thought out and practical.
It features an all new full flag out safety system that sits just above the redesigned chicken loop and runs up through the depower line up into a new swivel system that removes twists in the front lines automatically.
The depower system runs up and over a pully eliminating wear on the depower line and back into a clam cleat above the bar.
The chicken loop features a built in stainless steel ring for suicide attachment and a removeable donkey pin, the release system is simple and effective similar to the previous model, above the release a newly designed shaped stopper ball locks into the bar when sheeting in meaning the chicken loop stays locked in position when unhooking a huge improvement on the previous bar, the grip is nice, the bar ends are now softer with built in bar floats and the graphics are very bright and vibrant.

The bar is a benchmark in simple effective design with low wearing and low maintenence components, its great to see a system that is not overengineered or overcomplicated that works so well.

The kites -

Again we cannont publish any of our pictures just yet but in the flesh the kites are looking incredible, with highly detailed, bright vibrant colours and unique designs they feature a top quality screen print on both sides of the canopy.
The bridle sytems are simple and effective and feature the same multiple attachment options that were very popular in the previous models, beefed up construction on the leading edge, struts and wingtips ensure the kites retain their reputation of outstanding build quality and construction.
The new kites have been refined and tweaked for slightly better performance and some all new sizes have been introduced to the range to suit more riders.

On the Water the kites retain the same fast direct positive feeling and grunty power of the previous models and the new sizes are just as good, we tested every kite from the 7.5m to the 14.5m in variable conditions, as with the previous models these kites will once again take the kitesurfing world by storm.[/quote]

Thanks for the straight forward description. It was nice to read a straight forward post without all that ridiculous marketing bullshit. Still haven't ever been to a place where I could demo one, but would love to one day!

hydr8
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: Hydr8 Boardsports

Postby hydr8 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:59 pm

We will have a full range of Wainman kites available for demo in the next few weeks, your welcome to give them a try anytime.

WildDuke
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Taurama beach
Gear: 2012 10m Airush Varial X
2012 12m Airush One
2012 9m Airush One
2012 Cabrinha Custom 140x42.5 Board
2012 Liquidforce Vantage CT boots
2010 Dakine Pyro waist harness

Postby WildDuke » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:43 pm

[quote="hydr8"]We will have a full range of Wainman kites available for demo in the next few weeks, your welcome to give them a try anytime.[/quote]

Thanks mate but I live in Papua New Guinea. Maybe one day I'll make it over for a holiday!

Stefan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ft. Stevens, Newport, The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Ft Stevens, Florence
Style: Wave, Foil
Gear: North Mono's, LP Foils, North Pacific Customs

Postby Stefan » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:29 pm

El Torito wrote:Any pics or information on the new bar?
Pics of bar will be poppin tomorrow the 8th when Wainman releases new lineup at Surf Expo. :thumb:

El Torito
Rare Poster

Postby El Torito » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:27 pm

Stefan wrote:
Pics of bar will be poppin tomorrow the 8th when Wainman releases new lineup at Surf Expo. :thumb:
So far I have only read good things on the WH range, except the bar, so hopefully the new bar meets expectations. Its either going to be a WH / Rebel / OR for me.

As all things on forums you mostly read about all the good things :) Whats the bad things on a WH setup? Seeing that you recently changed over to WH

Stefan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ft. Stevens, Newport, The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Ft Stevens, Florence
Style: Wave, Foil
Gear: North Mono's, LP Foils, North Pacific Customs

Postby Stefan » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:15 am

El Torito wrote:
Stefan wrote:
So far I have only read good things on the WH range, except the bar, so hopefully the new bar meets expectations. Its either going to be a WH / Rebel / OR for me.

As all things on forums you mostly read about all the good things :) Whats the bad things on a WH setup? Seeing that you recently changed over to WH

I don't know if there's anything I'd call bad... I love the bar because of it's simplicity and it's comfy. The obvious negative from a beginner or intermediate standpoint would be would be a kill switch or release that would flag the kite. On the existing set-up it requires an extra line that they provide that allows the kite to mostly depower off the nose lines...it's not the cleanest set up. That being said for me Wainman answered all my needs... fast, sits back, reasonably steady, great pop, generates excellent power on loops and downstrokes, relaunches awesome, self launches awesome and most impressive...great depower. If it's waves or freestyle your after these things are so much fun it's ridonkulous. Another thing...Wainman attention to detail is great, from the kite to the bag... and 3 struts no one pump means easy fixes. Love em! :D

Northern Monkey
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: East Coast, Western Cape, South Africa.
Style: Wave and Freestyle
Gear: Kites: Rabbits: 5m 7m, 9m, 10.5m
Twinnies: Wainman Joke UG Crypt 2011
Waves: Firewire 6.0 Gerraty 6.0 UG Skim
Brand Affiliation: Wainman

Postby Northern Monkey » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:42 am

Word on the street is it's going to be called the CARROT BAR. :mosh: :mosh: :mosh: :mosh: [

http://www.stormkiteboarding.com/
Attachments
carrot-man.jpg
carrot-man.jpg (31.14 KiB) Viewed 1743 times
WH-Rabbit-Premiere-710x180.gif

smurphd
Rare Poster

Postby smurphd » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:19 pm

5, 6.25, 7.5, 9, 10.5, 12, 14.5
those sizes will make it a no go for me.i think they should have gone with 5,7,9.i like the looks though.

Return to “Kitesurfing”