Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

EpicKites (3rd Generation. 3G kites)

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: EpicKites (3rd Generation. 3G kites)

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:21 am

Thank you for your reply "kylek" and also for editing your post in promoting your North brand kites that you sell and bashing EPIC kites, plus the word "dick". But I still think you could of email me or talk to me right there, since like you said: "I was so close to you by splashing you" (see video) instead of posting on the internet.
I really want to positively promote this sport and I think you could of talked to me directly about this instead of posting like you did and bashing EPIC kites.
Again good luck with your school "DetroitKiteboarding".

P.S. Once again, next time if you come to Jockey's Ridge, please use a jet ski if you want to teach because the PARK RANGERS already gave few stations 3 days ago.
And YES you can use my beach access if you have a jet ski to launch

:thumb:

gbgreen59
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby gbgreen59 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:01 am

I wish Dimitri would have sprayed me when I was at OBX. I would have been hooting.... :thumb:

Nowind
Rare Poster

Postby Nowind » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:10 am

I am sorry that Kylek felt abused by Dimitri. But, I cannot imagine him being a "dick". I don't personally know him but I bought a kite from him and he was the most responsive, helpful and positive person I have never Known. I love my Epic screamer, only have the 14 and make excuses to myself to use it even when the wind really wants me to use a 10. I like overpowered anywaay

Dj A-Ron
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cass Lake MI
Port Huron MI (Lake Huron)
Metro Beach MI (Lake St. Clair)
Harsens Island MI (Lake St. Clair)
Favorite Beaches: Tawas MI (Lake Huron)
Oscoda MI (Lake Huron)
Little Sable Point MI (Lake Michigan)
The Flats (Key West)
Anywhere in Cape Hatteras
Kite Beach (Maui)
La Ventana (Mexico)
Barkers (Grand Caymen)
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites: Epic Renegade 9m 3G, Airush Lithium 12m & 14m, Blade Fat Lady 17m

Boards: Epic Droid, Oxygen, Spartan, Airush Cypher 5'6"

Postby Dj A-Ron » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:44 am

That red, white and black 3G renegade looks soooo sick!!! Damn my kite addiction!!!!!!

hyperflexusa
Rare Poster
Local Beach: OC
Style: everything
Brand Affiliation: hyperflex

Hyperflex 2012 Team Series Wetsuit

Postby hyperflexusa » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Here are some photos of both the 2012 Hyperflex Team Series Suits & the 2012 Epic kites with Hyperflex team riders Dimitri & Cam.

These ARE available to the public by request! Enjoy.

You asked for it, you got it! Now you can rock the same flashback NEON colors as the pros on the Hyperflex surf and kite team. These suits were made in small batches (like a fine microbrew) so supply is very limited. Only 300 suits will be available at select Hyperflex dealers soon. 3/2mm- $249.99
Attachments
GOPR1265.jpg
GOPR1265.jpg (49.74 KiB) Viewed 1806 times
DSC_0132.jpg
DSC_0132.jpg (85.13 KiB) Viewed 1806 times
GOPR1478.jpg
GOPR1478.jpg (49.48 KiB) Viewed 1806 times

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:19 pm

EPIC KITES is having demos here on the Outer Banks, NC (USA) from October 3 to November 15th.
If you are interested in demoing the new "3G" kites and boards or even the (2011) kites, please feel free to contact me via email at: dimitri@epickites.com

So far we have been having a great turn out, and have converted few kiters after demoing the EPIC kites. I am telling you this warning works:
'WARNING. DO NOT BUY ANOTHER KITE UNTIL YOU EXPERIENCE AN EPIC KITE'

P.S. We have been doing demos in the ocean and on the sound depending on the wind direction, so get ready for some epic session.
Attachments
DSC_0076.jpg
DSC_0176.jpg
DSC_0108.jpg
DSC_0279.jpg

grantman54
Very Frequent Poster

Postby grantman54 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:24 pm

Just wanted to share some of my experience on the new 3G kites. I haven't had enough riding on any of them to do full reviews but here are some initial thoughts.

Epic Screamer 14m; The kite does have some very noticeable design changes. The Trailing edge has been modified and the wing tip struts are smaller and narrow to the tip. My friend (very good rider) tried the 2011 back to back with the new 3G and he said it was significantly better.

Epic Screamer 10m LTD; This is a completely new kite. It looks completely redesigned. It looks kinda like a hybrid between a Park and a Bandit. It has wayyyy more depower but still maintains some great power. Im gonna say this has the largest range in the Epic line by far. Verdict is still not out about what I like and dont like (only road it for 10 mins), but im definitely eager to see what the new design changes do.

Epic Renegade 11m; Couldn't quite say whether or not I noticed much of a change on this kite. I didnt have much experience with the 11m last year so it was hard for me to tell. However it is easily the best looking kite graphics wise, that I have ever seen.

Epic Judge 11m; I was worried this kite might not go upwind but it actually rockets upwind. Many other people also noted how well it goes upwind. It does boost like a C-kite. This kite definitely is a C-kite. I'll do a full review on this one soon.

Epic is goin BIG this year. Very impressed with their improvements.
Last edited by grantman54 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sleepymexi
Medium Poster

Postby sleepymexi » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:07 pm

To others who may be waiting for the Infinity v1 demo, I've received the Infinity v1 demo from Dimitri and I'm just waiting for a little bit of wind to test it out.. Hopefully tomorrow or the next day.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:18 pm

Hello guys, I know you have been waiting to see the new "3G" EPIC Web page. We are still working on it in order to bring you an amazing web site. We should have it ready by middle of November. But this is a video of the "SCREAMER 3G INTRO" I know it is a long video but it gives you all the info you need to know about the SCREAMER 7/9/12/14.
Enjoy it.

P.S. This is an email I got this morning from the KITEWORLD mag editor:
"Hi Dimitri,
How's it going? So we've managed to get tow good test sessions on the Screamer and it will go in the next issue of the KiteWorld mag. Man you've built some boost into that kite! It's like an aeroplane!

Jim Gaunt.
KITEWORLD mag editor."

SCREAMER 3G INTRO:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:34 am

This video is about different kiters from different places of the world demoing the 3G EPIC kites in Greece. Let's hear what they have to say...

Return to “Kitesurfing”