Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

EpicKites (3rd Generation. 3G kites)

Forum for kitesurfers
ym
Medium Poster
Style: Wake
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: EpicKites (3rd Generation. 3G kites)

Postby ym » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:24 am

Here are some photos from my last Hatteras trip!

I was the only one riding :)

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: North/Ozone/PLKB/Epic/Airush
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby windsuks » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:17 am

Hey ym you gonna be around first week of May?
Be good to catch up!

ym
Medium Poster
Style: Wake

Postby ym » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:12 am

>> Hey windsuks! Yes, I will. If you are coming to OBX, please let me know. I'll be there!
You are also welcome to come to my place!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:53 pm

This is another email I got from a Kiter that tried the EPIC kites from one of our EPIC schools in Florida. Let's hear what he has to say?
Dimitri,
I am in the midst of a temporary 3 month relocation to Ft Lauderdale. I rented a condo on Pompano beach and had the pleasure of meeting Aldo Compos. Being from Hood River OR, the largest kite I use, and rarely is a 12M. On a 10-14 mph wind evening, which are many here on Pompano Beach, Aldo let me demo the Epic Infinity. Wow. I never thought a big kite could generate so much power and yet fly so responsive. It actually felt quicker than my 12M North Rebel. Of course I can't use that kite unless there is not less than 16 mph wind at a very minimum. So I started looking at your line of kites and other products. While I have not yet demo'ed your smaller higher wind kites, it is my impression that if you can design and manufacture a large kite that flies so well, I am sure your other kites must really perform.
I have been kiteboarding since 2003 and started on Hood River local brand, Slingshot, but in 2008 I switched to North Kites, and ............... .
Regards,
Victor
P.S. (And YES, I did ask permission to use this email he sent me 2 days ago)

Jnonny
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: RRD, Epic, WindBone Kiteboarding, The KiteBuddy Self Launching/Landing Aid

Postby Jnonny » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:51 am

Just wanted to say thanks again to Dimitri/Epic for a great surprising day..

We're currently down in Hatteras/OBX on our shop trip from NJ ..and had some down time today to visit with Dimitri and pick up a replacement strut bladder for our shop Infinity Demo Kite.. The wind has been on down here for the past few days so a no wind day offered the opportunity to take a little local road trip..

Long story short, we headed over to meet up with Dimitry, and only took our Infinity for eval as zero wind was in the forecast.. Dimitry actually replaced the bladder for us -great service, and gave us a couple kites to demo back at our Hatteras house.. even better we thought, top notch service, and demo kites to boot..

We hung out for a bit, got to see some of the latest and greatest things in the Epic pipeline..and were about to head back when Dimitri suggested we stay and ride, that the wind was going to come up in a bit..

We didn't have any gear with us except the Infinity Kite for repair, and one of the guys in our group was itching to get out and ride, so Dimitri offered for us to use his gear including a 3G Screamer 14M, Spartan Board, prototype harness, etc..

The wind did pick up ..and one of the guys in our group headed out and had a blast on the 3G Screamer 14 -then wound up jumping for the first time ever on the Screamer, and even got some jumping tips & demos from Dimitri.. absolutely was stoked on the Screamer (he's still smiling)..

So thanks again Dimitri ..really awesome service/support from a great brand.. what was expected to be a quick visit to pick up some parts turned out to be an Epic day..

-John..
WindBone Kiteboarding
www.windbone.com
www.thekitebuddy.com
www.facebook.com/windbone
800-915-4278
732-968-4623

Kitesurfing1
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Kitesurfing1 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:01 pm

Hi

I am searching for a bar (4 lines same lenght) for my wife short arms! Is the jr bar strong enought for her she is 135 pounds?

Or is the regular bar as the depower system adjustement to get it closer to the bar?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi
I am searching for a bar (4 lines same lenght) for my wife short arms! Is the jr bar strong enought for her she is 135 pounds?
Or is the regular bar as the depower system adjustement to get it closer to the bar?
Hello Mr."Kitesurfing1",
The JUNIOR PRO bar will be fine for her. But the problem is that the JP bar comes with 17 meters instead of 22 meters lines. The best thing to do will be to use the normal XTEND bar from EPIC and customize it but make the through of the bar shorter by making the "Grey Line" that goes through the bar shorter.
To do this you need to open the neoprene cover that is on top of the Stopper ball and untie the knot and make it shorter by 10 cm or 15 cm. But then you will have to make the outside lines (Blue or Red lines) shorter also by 10 cm or 15 cm.
Let me know if this helps.

Kitecave
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: co-ownwer www.Kitecave.com featuring Epic ,Core, Ozone, HQ, Wainman, Hyperflex and Ocean Rodeo

Postby Kitecave » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:52 pm

Hi Kitesurfing1

I did a Epic bar mod for a friend last spring

Same problem...125lb and short arms

Did exactly what Dimitri suggested and now she is a happy kiter

Cheers :thumb:

Kitecave

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:28 pm

ROCKY CHATWELL having a epic time on the JUDGE kite and the DROID board.

P.S. And he still uses the 2010 Epic Bar. Time to change to the new generation bar Rocky.... :lol:
Attachments
DSC_0010 4.jpg
DSC_0091 1.jpg
DSC_0078 3.jpg
DSC_0062 5.jpg
DSC_0087 6.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:51 pm

New EPIC NEOPRENE JACKET & new REEF v2 6'0" SURF BOARD. With some epic condition. What more can you ask!!!!

P.S. Oh yea...maybe warmer conditions. :angryfire:
Attachments
New NEOPRENE JACKET. new REEF 6'0" V2surf board.jpg
RENEGADE 9 (3G) .jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”