Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:27 pm

So my question is: how does the V2 and that V3 prototype (as it is) compare in about 8-12 knots?
Hello Mr.Tiago1973,
The INFINITY v2 is an amazing kite and was designed to fly in (6 to 10 or 15 knots) depending the board, the weight of the rider and its kiteboarding skills. But for heavier rider you can use the v2 kite even up to 18 or 20 knots on a smaller board. The INFINITY v3 is still a prototype but we were so impressed with the way it was able to stay up in the air in (2 to 4 knots). I did test the INFINITY v2 head to head with the INFINITY v3 prototype on the beach and on the water in (2 to 4 knots) and it had a harder time to stay up in the air then the v3 and fell out of the sky few times. Plus I had to swim back.
So you can't go wrong with any of the v2 or v3. But the V3 is not ready yet. So go with the v2 for now. But for sure the v3 has more power then the v2 INFINITY.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Flight Time » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:27 pm

14ToeSide wrote:I dont care if we are comparing Doughnuts to Watermelons. If the Flippin Kite wont pull me in ULTRA Light Air WITHOUT me having to sign my name then I dont need it. As I said, if the V3 will do for me what the Speed 3 21 does, I will buy it on the spot. I hope it does. Foils can sometime be frusterating to land when the wind picks up.

Not to mention bridle tangles, what happens if the wind dies and doesn't pick up before the kite deflates, or if you drop it and it gets mushed by a wave and soaked. Then it's a sea anchor. :o To each his own, but for my buck, it's gotta be ILE for me because I know I like to push the limits sometimes by travelling long distances across open deep water. Even if my leading edge pops, at least I have the struts, and can roll the kite into a raft of sorts that I can paddle to shore.
14ToeSide wrote:Why would I want to Loop a kite if I dont need to to get more power when the 21 has the Juice???

I don't do Fancy tricks, loops etc. I like to have fun mowing, shredding, killin it or anything else that gets me out there. I also don't do DOWNWINDERS. Not my riding style.
I dont mean that you necessarily would want to loop the kite, but for me, the agility matters a lot. Some of the coolest aerial transitions and surface tricks call for loops, and I really want to move in that direction. I know I can jump really high, but after a while, I like to push myself for something more than just jumps with grabs. Besides, if you jump high enough, you will find that you can't just park the kite overhead as you come down. You need to work the kite back and forth, or loop it in order to come down without a bone jarring impact followed by the stalled kite floating down on your head. Both working the kite, or looping it require the kite to turn fast.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:45 pm

That's how little you know about foils...cannot fill them with compressor...you need a blower
With all due respect Mr.SupaEZ, I do know a lot about FOIL KITES. I was actually joking with that individual in the parking lot when I told him to use a compressor to fill air inside his cells chamber of his foil kite. Since there was no breeze at all on the ground for him to fill some of his chambers with air so he can try to hot launch it.
For few minutes when I was pumping the kite and looking around to see the reaction of these people and what they were thinking, I also had doubts about launching the INFINITY V3 kite, because there was NO WIND at all, especially on the ground. But I knew from checking the Kitty Hawk Kites wind meter that it was around (2 to 4 knots) max 10 meter above ground.
The Kitty Hawk Kites store wind meter above the roof was reading (2.6 to 5.2 mph) and that was in miles per hour so I rounded up to 2 to 4 knots.
Last edited by Dimitri M on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:01 pm

You are suprised people are skeptical when someone posts a video of riding in 1-2 knots (albeit on a SUP)?
I buy gear based on reviews I see here on this forum. Mostly for kites that I don't have a chance to ride myself.
I've had a chance to try the Infinity V1 back to back with my North Dyno 18m, and have ridden alongside others on Infinity's. There is no competition in low end, the Dyno pulls much better and hangs in the sky through the lulls better. The Infinity does turn much faster because it is a smaller, lower aspect ratio kite.
How could I not be skeptical that the V3 has improved so much over the V1 and surpassed the performance of every other kite in existence? Not to mention the whole V^2 relationship of windspeed to energy meaning that 6 knots of wind has 9 TIMES THE ENERGY OF 2 KNOTS OF WIND!
I'm interested to try the V3 out back to back with my Dyno again. I don't think it can beat the larger, higher aspect ratio Dyno, but we will see.
Through our research and development we constantly are improving the performance characteristics of all our kites, but we pay close intention to the INFINITY model due to its unique requirement to fly in extremely light wind conditions and still be able to provide ample power to kite.
So Mr.davesails7, the first generation of the INFINITY v1 was launched 2 years ago, since then, we have improved and made significant changes to its over hall performance, providing you the ultimate light wind machine.

By the way "yes" your 18 meter DYNO kite might of had more power then the 14.8 meter INFINITY v1, but both of these kites were usable in same conditions. Now you know how big the INFINITY v1 was.
:lol:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:54 pm

[quote="davesails7']
At least SupaEZ, and to a lesser extent me are keeping his post at the top of the list :thumb:[/quote]

We will soon get a check in the mail from Dimitri for all the publicity he gets from us :wink:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:59 pm

[quote="Dimitri M].
The 14.8 meter INFINITY v1
Now you know how big the INFINITY v1 was. :lol:[/quote]

Following Greek logic...i will guess the V2 was 15.8 meter....and the V3 will be 16.8 meter :wink:

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Skyway Bridge North
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:06 am

By the way "yes" your 18 meter DYNO kite might of had more power then the 14.8 meter INFINITY v1, but both of these kites were usable in same conditions. Now you know how big the INFINITY v1 was.
Oh my god! He let the secret loose! :o

You stuck to your guns on the size of your kite for so long, Dimitri! I really thought you would never tell us how big it was. I thought someone was going to have to spoon it inside another kite to figure out how big it was. :lol:

I thought we were talking about 17 meters. That makes my previous statement about comparing the 21 meter garbage bag to an Infinity even more apparent. So your 21 meter foil is actually 6.2 meters bigger, maybe pulls a little harder, turns maybe half as fast, costs twice as much, is not as safe in open water, is harder to land, is more prone to tangled lines... Should I go on? :rollgrin:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:00 am

Oh my god! He let the secret loose! :o
You stuck to your guns on the size of your kite for so long, Dimitri! I really thought you would never tell us how big it was. I thought someone was going to have to spoon it inside another kite to figure out how big it was. :lol:
That was a long time ago. No need to keep a secret for something that is 2 years old.
Now you see how shock you and few other people are after finding the actual size of the INFINITY V1!!! People were testing it against 18 meter kites. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: loving it.
Maybe in 2 years from now you will know the actual size of the INFINITY v2. And 4 years from now you will know the actual size of the INFINITY v3.
:wink: :thumb:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:31 am

Dimitri M wrote:Hello Mr.SupaEZ,

I had the chance to try the new XR2LW 17 and 19 meter CORE kite.

I did not like the 19 meter at all (very slow but yes lots of power)

I can have a better time on the INFINITY v2 and generate lots of power by just moving it up and down in order to create some of the momentum.

The 17 CORE was better and powerful but not as fast pivoting and turning then the INFINITY v2, but still a good kite. .
:heartface: :thumb: :heartface: :thumb: :heartface: :thumb: :heartface: :thumb: :heartface:

......I LOVE the part when YOU SAY that the CORE RIOT XR2LW 19M has lots of POWER...........

....That would seem then..... totally unfair to compare it to your smaller LW kite.... of yours

....We would have to compare the Core Riot XR2LW 17M with your LW kites to be fair

....We would need to both be on identical Oxygen boards at the same time...please no SUP

....Better bring your 5m extensions and use them....because we ride the 17 &19 on 27m lines

....How about our weight difference...i am 15lbs less....i would not want that to be "your" excuse

....Would you rather compare against the 19M instead...that has lots of "parked"... but slow power

.... :strong: :boxing: :boxer2: :duel: :ditsch: :cry1: :happybirthday: :giveup: :party1: :winner2:

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Skyway Bridge North
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:50 am

So we agree that a foil kite of that size will fly like a dinosaur, but has enough grunt to simply park it and cruise.

Parking and cruising may be fine for some, but I get bored easily when just mowing the lawn. I have a grin on my face when I'm trying something I haven't done before in light wind before ruining myself doing it lit up on a smaller kite in higher wind. The V2 seems like a good compromise between speed and low end grunt to keep me interested as I push the boundaries of what is kiteable weather. A demo (coming around Thanksgiving) will confirm or deny my theory.

I'll be sure to post my experience after I demo it for the forum's reading pleasure.

Return to “Kitesurfing”