Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

New Kiteboarder Magazine Format.

Forum for kitesurfers
TopHat
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Localism is a Social Problem.
Style: Unknown to you...
Gear: A SURFBOARD
A FIXED PULLEY BAR
A C-KITE From a Company that Mocks Me
Brand Affiliation: No Brands or Tattoos
I BUY MY OWN...
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New Kiteboarder Magazine Format.

Postby TopHat » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:02 am

So stoked to see a magazine taking a new direction. :thumb:
Tired of all the gear gab, They have a link that stuff if you need to know. :o
I take my HAT off to Marina & the Crew for steppin it up to the next level. :D
Places & Passions of kiting are the future of this sport.
Just had a read of the new mag at work today and (just looked at the pictures) (shhh) i was impressed. :D
Very clean & interesting/clean (O.K. I did read it). :cool2:
Looking Forward to the next issue and saving up for a trip to one of your next feature articles.

Aloha for going back to your roots, Mahalo... :D

:hut:

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Re: New Kiteboarder Magazine Format.

Postby RickI » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:06 pm

I second that Top Hat. I received a copy at Surf Expo during the AWSI awards from Marina. I was impressed by the larger 12 x 9 inch format, larger photos, heavier stock paper (it seems to show prints better, even ads) and clean look. Beyond that I understand they are evolving the articles and content focusing more on lifestyle. It looks and feels like one of the expensive surf magazines. Here's to innovation, keep it coming!

[QUOTE=marina]Image

Volume 8, Number 4 is the fist issue of the new The Kiteboarder Magazine, the result of months spent rethinking what a kiteboarding magazine should look like. This magazine represents not just a new look for the magazine but also showcases our new direction as a company.

Image Image
This issue is available in our new oversized print format, but we are also making the electronic version of the magazine available before the print magazine begins shipping. The Kiteboarder Magazine Volume 8, Number 4 is available either through the TKB Store (as a PDF file) http://store.thekiteboarder.com/product ... 2-emag.htmor you can download the issue directly to your mobile device through the brand new The Kiteboarder App http://www.thekiteboarder.com/app/.

THE FREE ONLINE VERSION OF THE PRINT MAGAZINE WILL STILL BE OFFERED online at TKB right before the next print magazine starts mailing, as in the past, but now you can get it right away if desired.

The Kiteboarder Volume 8, Number 4 features:

•The Sherman Island Kiteboarding Experience: 10 pages describing Sherman Island, the summer kiteboarding paradise located between San Francisco and Sacramento.

•Mission to the Maldives: Julian Hosp travels to the Maldive Islands to explore the archipelago’s kiteboarding potential.

•The Longest Wave: Pacasmayo, Peru: Discover the land of the mythical left point breaks.

•The Kids are Alright: The story of how kiteboarding is helping communities on the northeast coast of Brazil.

•A History of the Bridge of the Gods Kiteboarding Festival: Read about the event that has been helping kiteboarders move from amateur to professional riding for more than 10 years.

Enjoy! As always, we appreciate your support and feedback......

About The Kiteboarder:
The Kiteboarder was founded by kiteboarders with an extreme passion for the sport. From the beginning, the magazine focused on the people, places, culture, and lifestyle that make kiters so stoked about kiteboarding. Now that the sport has matured, The Kiteboarder felt the time was right for a pure lifestyle magazine with long-form feature stories consisting of thoughtful in-depth editorial and imagery that set us apart from other magazines in the kiteboarding industry. The all-new The Kiteboarder will target and appeal to intelligent kiteboarders who want a publication that encapsulates the spirit and lifestyle of kiteboarding presented in clean, elegant, and readable layouts rather than a cluttered magazine full of ads and trendy design elements.
[/QUOTE]

henke
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Apelviken, Läjet, Björkäng, Trönningenäs
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Razor and Rise
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Kiteboarder Magazine Format.

Postby henke » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:43 pm

The app is crap!!

I tried to buy the latest issue but there was a http problem and I didn't get it. Still I don't know if the payment was done.

The app is very slow and it seems that it shouldn't be published yet :(
The intention is good but it's for no use if it don't work.

/h

Return to “Kitesurfing”