Favorite Beaches: el gouna, egypt
Style: freeride/freestyle
Gear: all sorts
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hadlow ID vs Naish Park 2012

Postby boyceduke » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:10 pm

Hi, I am in the market for a new quiver of kites. If i choose the Park im thinking 9 & 12, ID probably the 8,10 & 12. I appreciate the Hadlow ID is a new addition to flexi's line up so information is limited, im just hoping there are more people out there who have ridden it can pass on there thoughts.

The usual media hype is positive so hopefully it will live up to the reputation. I have read a few reviews from a lucky few who have given it a maiden flight. They are raving about it, my mind was almost made up subject to a demo until I spoke to one helpful chap who confused the situation and said I should consider the naish park 2012 for my style of riding. I hadnt really considered Naish as I dont trust the Octopus system, does any one have any thoughts on this and what the general build quality is like with Naish these days.

My style of riding is a mixture of intermediate freeride/freestyle in the UK in cross on shore conditions. I like to be powered and I weigh 93 kg, ride a TT 135. I dont normally go out kiting unless it is blowing 16+ knots.

Any help would be good...

cheers

stig31
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 7
Gear: Flexifoil

Re: Hadlow ID vs Naish Park 2012

Postby stig31 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:37 pm

There is loads of info on
kitecrowd and a video on you tube @ goring
I would love to get an ID but going to have to wait for a little while

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby tautologies » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:37 am

boyceduke wrote:Hi, I am in the market for a new quiver of kites. If i choose the Park im thinking 9 & 12, ID probably the 8,10 & 12. I appreciate the Hadlow ID is a new addition to flexi's line up so information is limited, im just hoping there are more people out there who have ridden it can pass on there thoughts.

The usual media hype is positive so hopefully it will live up to the reputation. I have read a few reviews from a lucky few who have given it a maiden flight. They are raving about it, my mind was almost made up subject to a demo until I spoke to one helpful chap who confused the situation and said I should consider the naish park 2012 for my style of riding. I hadnt really considered Naish as I dont trust the Octopus system, does any one have any thoughts on this and what the general build quality is like with Naish these days.

My style of riding is a mixture of intermediate freeride/freestyle in the UK in cross on shore conditions. I like to be powered and I weigh 93 kg, ride a TT 135. I dont normally go out kiting unless it is blowing 16+ knots.

Any help would be good...

cheers
Well if you main concern about the Park is the octopus system I would not worry. I've had a LOT of Naish kites, and not had a leak on the Octupus ever. I've had two bladders pop all in all trough the years, and changing them was no problem. Super easy access to the bladder connections.

In terms of build quality I think there are a few brands that stand out, and Naish is one of them.

I can't say much about the Flexifoil tho, so no comparison. Park is still my favorite kite.

In terms of sizes for Park, it sounds like you are in it. 16knots will have you riding powered on the 12. For me the Park is a can do it all kind of kite. Got more power in the loops then before.

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:57 am

Havent tried the ID..

But the PARK is a sweet as machine. But they are both made for the same audience, IMHO the Naish bar is better, but that's a personal preference.

boyceduke
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: cambersands

Postby boyceduke » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:28 am

I have seen the info on kite crowd, that's wat made me interested in the first place in the id, naish is not a big force at my local beach and shops don't stock them so getting a demo may be tricky. They do look the business, can anyone explain what they are like at boosting (old sch) and how they behave when un hooked, I've read a few reports that they backstall more than similar shaped kites. Also if I get out on the id I'll post a review asap

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:32 am

boyceduke wrote:I have seen the info on kite crowd, that's wat made me interested in the first place in the id, naish is not a big force at my local beach and shops don't stock them so getting a demo may be tricky. They do look the business, can anyone explain what they are like at boosting (old sch) and how they behave when un hooked, I've read a few reports that they backstall more than similar shaped kites. Also if I get out on the id I'll post a review asap
My unhooking is something to be desired...it happens, but I'm not good. Backstalling is a matter of a slight sheet-in. I have not had any backstalling that I didn't want.

Boosting: They are great...not quite as aggressive as the torch, but plenty aggressive to have you gain some strength in your abdomen. Hang time is very good. :thumb:

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1901
Gear: N/A

Postby dyyylan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:59 pm

Ugh please don't buy a hadlow kite if you're going to do boosty gay shit on it

boyceduke
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: cambersands

Postby boyceduke » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:51 pm

@ dyylan, thanks for the advice really helpful, not..

skyte
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: FLEXIFOIL

Postby skyte » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:49 pm

Remember the iD is a totally different kite to the Park and to the RPM
I work for Flexi and have ridden the iD a lot, I've tried it back to back with RPMs and had a quick go on the Park too. I really liked the Park although there is such a big difference in bar ergonomics that i couldn't ride it for long (the length of the chickenloop + release means if I trim it for unhooked riding i have to ride with my elbows by my hips and if i trim it for hooked in boosting it is way over sheeted when I unhook) and dropping the bar onto the flag out safety just ended up in tangled lines everytime but the kite felt very nice, very smooth and refined.
The iD has a much more direct feel to it in my opinion (meaning you can feel exactly where it is without having to look at it) although this again is probably down to me being used to the Flexi kites.
The best thing you can do is get a demo if you can wait. Demo iDs will be with retailers next week.
A good tip if you are going to demo any new kite is to try it on a bar you are used to so you notice the kite not the bar!!!

dwarf
Very Frequent Poster

Postby dwarf » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:03 pm

Hopefully you will be able to test it yourself. I would never buy a kite just because somebody thinks it will fit your style. Do not know the Flexi kite but I have tested the 2012 Park in 10m for about 2 hours and I really did not like it. Imo there are many SLE kites out there that perform better for freestyle. The kite unhooks ok as long as you trim the kite a bit but my main critics are: kite is not direct enough, hardly no pull in turns and there is not much feel in it. Overall nothing special about this kite, again imo. To bad as it looks really good and the depower system is amazing! never experienced such a smooth working system.

If you want Naish and freestyle than go for the Torch, much much better kite for the experienced rider!

Return to “Kitesurfing”