Hadlow ID vs Naish Park 2012

Forum for kitesurfers
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Hadlow ID vs Naish Park 2012

Postby tautologies » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:12 pm

@dwarf hehe funny how that works. The 10 Park is my all time favorite.

In terms of feel, you can adjust the bar feedback a lot on the Park. You can also adjust how much it pulls. You have 3 points on the front bridle, and 3 points on the back line attachment on the kite that will totally change how the kite pulls and how much bar pressure there is. Did you play around with that?

I am just asking because it does make a difference. In anycase, I really feel I can feel exactly where the kite is, even on the stock set up.

dwarf
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby dwarf » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:41 pm

hmm good point. One of my buddies (mainly rides surfboard) owns this kite and flies it with the bridle in the middle settings. I think the steering lines where in middle as well but I can check on our next session. I cannot imagine it makes a huge difference which would be needed for me to like the kite but I will try the kite once more in the more grunt setup. But maybe I am just a weird guy as many people seem to like the kite after all. Good we have options!

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:19 pm

dwarf wrote: Good we have options!
For sure!!! :thumb: :thumb:

boyceduke
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: cambersands
Favorite Beaches: el gouna, egypt
Style: freeride/freestyle
Gear: all sorts

Postby boyceduke » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:52 pm

sounds like the park gets sweet reviews, i will try and find a demo from somewhere, i have heard that the ID - 12m should be available this w/end. Fingers x'ed. Only prob now there is now to much wind, I'm guessing if it turns up it will be one lit session, I guess Ill get to test the high end capability. I'll report back.

The people who own the Naish park, what is the overall construction like, I have come from North vegas's and they are dam good.... do the naish measure up...

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:08 pm

boyceduke wrote: The people who own the Naish park, what is the overall construction like, I have come from North vegas's and they are dam good.... do the naish measure up...
Construction is good :-)

530N52
Rare Poster

Postby 530N52 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:20 pm

Owned 2011 Parks and now the 2012's. The 2011's got a good amount of use and held up great. Took a few beat downs in the surf with no failures. After a full season never had any pin holes, sun damage or constuction issues. 2012 look strong as well. Solid kites.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Well if you main concern about the Park is the octopus system I would not worry. I've had a LOT of Naish kites, and not had a leak on the Octupus ever. I've had two bladders pop all in all trough the years, and changing them was no problem. Super easy access to the bladder connections.
Erm not strictly true, the valves are a pain in the butt to get to, especially on the small struts, and fitting the retaining clips is well tricky. I'm a qualified mechanic, plumber and fire fighter so I'm good at fixing things but it took me a good couple if hours to change the LE on my Torch, compared to my old 2006 Vegas which takes about 5 minutes.

That said I've been flying Torches since 2007 (have a mix of 2007 to 2009) and I have never had any problems with the bladders or Octopus system and has been 100% reliable - only time was when I burst the LE and bladder so had to fit a new bladder :-(

If you do a search the only problem you'll find with the Octopus system is the time it takes to replace

But seriously don't let it affect your choice of kite, Octopus is the best one pump out there :thumb:

BudhaNl
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: WaZ Noordpier
IJmuiden
Gear: Naish Pivot 5-7-9
Airush Ultra 12
North Jaime 136
DSD Stallion 5'2

Postby BudhaNl » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:43 pm

JGTR wrote: If you do a search the only problem you'll find with the Octopus system is the time it takes to replace

But seriously don't let it affect your choice of kite, Octopus is the best one pump out there :thumb:

For 2012, Naish changed the zippers to make the system more easily accessible.

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003

Postby Ludmil » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:54 pm

JGTR wrote:
Well if you main concern about the Park is the octopus system I would not worry. I've had a LOT of Naish kites, and not had a leak on the Octupus ever. I've had two bladders pop all in all trough the years, and changing them was no problem. Super easy access to the bladder connections.
Erm not strictly true, the valves are a pain in the butt to get to, especially on the small struts, and fitting the retaining clips is well tricky. I'm a qualified mechanic, plumber and fire fighter so I'm good at fixing things but it took me a good couple if hours to change the LE on my Torch, compared to my old 2006 Vegas which takes about 5 minutes.

That said I've been flying Torches since 2007 (have a mix of 2007 to 2009) and I have never had any problems with the bladders or Octopus system and has been 100% reliable - only time was when I burst the LE and bladder so had to fit a new bladder :-(

If you do a search the only problem you'll find with the Octopus system is the time it takes to replace

Hmm,you haven't seen 2011 or 2012 models aren't you?
It's much easier to replace a bladder.

L.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:38 pm

How much easier? Struts must have massive zips in order to make a difference - not just the zip tho as small struts are really tight to get fingers into right down the bottom even with larger zips

Hey but it's no big problem, just saying it isn't really easy like the Naish pimps say, bit of a pain in the butt

Return to “Kitesurfing”