Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Hadlow ID vs Naish Park 2012

Forum for kitesurfers
jedi1
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Hadlow ID vs Naish Park 2012

Postby jedi1 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:40 pm

skyte wrote: Anyhoo... most kites are easy to relaunch when you know how :-)
for sure, yep :thumb:

fdvj
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: lancing
Style: freeride
Gear: naish nobile
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby fdvj » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:57 pm

skyte wrote:Its not the bridle that makes the kite relaunch by pulling one line... its the shape of the kite - specifically, but not limited to, the degree to which the Leading Edge is swept back, how fat the wingtips are and how far back they are due to the LE sweep.

The Leading Edge diameter also makes a difference to relaunch... a thin LE can mean the kite can get pinned to the water since the thinner LE exerts less forces to open the kite up to catch wind again.

Witht he Fuel, its excellent relaunch is down to its fat wingtips which can generate a lot of reverse lift when its nose down on the water to lift the Leading Edge.

Anyhoo... most kites are easy to relaunch when you know how :-)
What are the advantages of thin wing tips? I find my self drawn towards fat wing tipped kites.

skyte
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: FLEXIFOIL

Postby skyte » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:26 am

fdvj wrote:What are the advantages of thin wing tips? I find my self drawn towards fat wing tipped kites.
I can't think of any!

But i think if they get too fat you might get some unwanted stall characteristics when the kite turns (I'm not an aerodnamics expert tho!)

Also when the distance between the front and rear connection points gets big (as it does on fat wingtips) you can start seeing problems with the structural integrity of the kite and it won't take much loading before it distorts. This can also be attributed to the LE diameter at the tips and other aerodynamic factors.

Battens can compensate this, but then battens have there own set of issues!

As with the whole sport, BALANCE is the key and I think you'll find the iD and all the kites mentioned in this post have very nicely balanced characteristics, just all unique!

Andryy72
Rare Poster
Local Beach: BALTIC- LIEPAJA

Postby Andryy72 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:49 pm

Today the session ID with the new Hadlow 12 (LEI / SLE), 2012th fascinating! detrimental iformatīvs fast and very stable, the wind was 8-12m / s (. kitebord 136/41cm CF-LTD RAPTORPRO my weight 107kg) gusts kept well. pressure on schools is slightly less than ION5. hendtaims good fly high and far:) good restart from the water
I do not see any problems:) good to go against the wind: we have here the Baltic Sea in Liepaja. is very wavy:
and the wind gusty
But with all the damage was all brilliant:) I am very satisfied with their benefits:
Quality kite and a high level:ImageImageImageImage

skyte
Very Frequent Poster

Postby skyte » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:58 am

Nice One! :thumb:

We had a great demo day down at Portland Harbour in the UK in gusty, choppy conditions. Aaron makes it look easy in any conditions!

It was good to see so many people getting out and enjoying the kites!

Tomas-s
Rare Poster
Gear: FLEXIFOIL

Postby Tomas-s » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:51 pm

HADLOW ID will be the new allround kite from Flexifoil.

If i should choose between ID or PARK.
I will go for the ID - just looks better in the air :lol:
I do also love the quality from Flexifoil :D

Live it love it :lol:

http://www.kitedanmark.dk/shop/flexifoi ... 1230p.html

endorphin
Frequent Poster

Postby endorphin » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:21 pm

My personal review from the new id-Bar:

Thin diameter and good grip of the bar - i like!! More depower from a longer depower rope would be fine - the 12m id would give you more depower than the id-bar does, if you put the bridles on the kite to more depower and less grunt.
Amazing line quality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf are those lines made off??
But 18m + 4m extensions is maybe nice for Aaron, personally i would prefer 20m + 4m.
Who uses 18m line lenght really often, except Aaron himself...? :-?
According to Flexifoil's online-shop you can't buy those line quality in a different lenght... hopefully they sell it in the near future :idea:

Chickenloop Medium with that senseless chickendick velcro fastener.
If you use the chickenloop with this velcro fastener chickendick, you can't use the swivel of the loop anymore or you would loose the chickendick... the other Chickenloop is kind of a super-super-super tiny one, a little bit too small.

The normal chickenloop Medium, which you can buy at the flexi-dealer, or in the flexi only store, makes more sense for me personally... and yes i like doing tricks unhooked!!!

The Adjuster works really well and everything else on this bar is simple perfect!
Personally i prefer the Flexifoil Bars over all others.

With the normal chickenloop Medium and a little longer depower rope (which you can also get at the flexi-online store but without the rubber on it) those bar is amazing.
Line lenght is a subjective preference issue - for shure!

cheers,
Thomas

Andryy72
Rare Poster

Postby Andryy72 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:19 pm

Andryy72 wrote:Today the session ID with the new Hadlow 12 (LEI / SLE), 2012th fascinating! detrimental iformatīvs fast and very stable, the wind was 8-12m / s (. kitebord 136/41cm CF-LTD RAPTORPRO my weight 107kg) gusts kept well. pressure on schools is slightly less than ION5. hendtaims good fly high and far:) good restart from the water
I do not see any problems:) good to go against the wind: we have here the Baltic Sea in Liepaja. is very wavy:
and the wind gusty
But with all the damage was all brilliant:) I am very satisfied with their benefits:
Quality kite and a high level:ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageTo complement what is being said here. I also
I use a little convert a bunch
slings I have a 20m +5 m:) marvelous smaller wind:) It is also optimized cikenlup which were adjusted by their design: the need anhuk then decreased by specially simple shift of the edge
so to say to say a small tuning

skyte
Very Frequent Poster

Postby skyte » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:25 pm

The lines are specially developed for kitesurfing having a circular braid (rather than hollow which ends up flat) using premium grade dyneema (yes there are different grades) and a teflon coating. The teflon coating helps keep out sand and water which prolongs the life of the lines and gives them a stiff feeling and helps make it easier to lay out your lines.

The iD lines are 18m + 4m on the front lines and 22m on the rears (The reason they have 4m extensions is because the HADLOW Pro kite uses the join between the 18m + 4m lines for attaching the 6-line bridle lines to)

We hope to soon have some longer linesets available. There will soon also be extra tough 450Kg linesets available at 16m + 4m which Aaron uses for high winds.

The removable chickenlock can be attached to the ring below the swivel. We also sell a chickenlock similar to the one in the pictures above if you prefer that style.

We know we can't please everyone with one bar, but hopefully if you speak to your retailer or contact Flexi direct we can advise you on how to get it setup to fit your personal taste and if that fails, the iD will work on any 4 line bar with all lines equal length when the depower strap is set to full length and the bar pulled towards the chickenloop!

Andryy72
Rare Poster

Postby Andryy72 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:38 pm

[I also directly use a strong vejamHADLOW Pro kite Uses the Between join the 18m + 4m. ID informative. grazing in front of the wave. the quality of the lines in question has no objection Very good ... The only I use the two schools because of the laziness every time to pass the lines:) what are the dependence on wind conditions

Return to “Kitesurfing”