Local Beach: Kralova dam, Slovakia
Style: freeride
Gear: Flexifoil, rrd, GK, Caution
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Switch kites bar details

Postby seki-ter » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:48 am

Anyone who rides Switch would be able to provide details on the bar, assuming I want to ride 4 line kites with it?
- what lines (strength) they use front vs. back, what are the line lengths front vs. back?
- single or both front line flagging?
- does it have mini 5th by default or where to connect leash if I don't want to ride suicide? (that Flat it ring above the bar is not an option in my point of view)
- is the mini 5th bungee? If not how does it behave when kite is depowered?
- loops vs. knots. Which lines have what?
- any issues with the stopper?
- I'm thinking of changing the above bar swivel for slingshot one (or similar), would this be possible?

thanks

kiteriding
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0

Re: Switch kites bar details

Postby kiteriding » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi,

This is 2 rewiew on the Switch bar in our Local French Canadien Forum

http://www.kiteforum.ca

Google Traduction:

Bar Switch

At first it was my fear, because it seemed to me inferior. This is false, it is very good and I'm still amazed at the price. We must get used by cons to this style of bar, here I talk to bar owner Cab. The Cab has an excellent depower, Switch, too, but the "travel" is shorter what do you do. I have not dropped yet so nothing to say on this side.

other review on the bar
The bar is made ​​with adjustments effective. Nodes directly to the bar and extension of 3m. Convertible easily 55 to 45mm. However, it is a little heavy. Good depower on the bar and the trim is effective. There is a swivel chicken loop on what is effective unhook (swivel adjustable resistance). The comfort of the bar could be improved to our hands. The bar is like a lot to bar North

see the post here
http://kiteforum.ca/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2013&start=10

Aloha Wave :-)

Hansen Design
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby Hansen Design » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:22 pm

Seki:
Post your question on the Switch forum (general) page and you will get a complete answer.
Cheers!

seki-ter wrote:Anyone who rides Switch would be able to provide details on the bar, assuming I want to ride 4 line kites with it?
- what lines (strength) they use front vs. back, what are the line lengths front vs. back?
- does it have mini 5th by default or where to connect leash if I don't want to ride suicide? (that Flat it ring above the bar is not an option in my point of view)
- I'm thinking of changing the above bar swivel for slingshot one (or similar), would this be possible?

thanks

seki-ter
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Kralova dam, Slovakia
Style: freeride
Gear: Flexifoil, rrd, GK, Caution

Postby seki-ter » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:35 pm

Hansen Aerosports wrote:Seki:
Post your question on the Switch forum (general) page and you will get a complete answer.
Cheers!
seki-ter wrote:Anyone who rides Switch would be able to provide details on the bar, assuming I want to ride 4 line kites with it?

thanks
I knew there's forum there, but I could not find it when checking their website today.
Thanks.

Though I'd like to hear some real user comments.

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby naishdude » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:30 pm

Hi Seki,

I fly approx. 1/2 a year with the switch method kites, and their bar.
I am a "heavy duty" user :D , meaning I have spent a year at the seaside, of which I could fly every day when there was wind, and I will tell you the last half season I have only flown my 7m and 5m.switch Method with the Switch control bar approx 80% of the time.
So there was more than enough wind to test the bar.
We have a fine sandy beach, so the sand gets inside and around everything, never had it failed, I was caught by a wave in onshore wind pushing me towards my kite which I dropped,pulled the safety, no problem.

Pulling the depowerline is easy and without much effort, the swivels above and under the bar are doing their work. Some people complain that the EVA is a bit too hard, well I have no problem with it, maybe my hands are not that soft hahaha.

The finish is top notch, easy tweaking from 45cm to 55cm, people say it feels heavy but the bar itself is not, it is the complete QR that is a bit heavy but therefore very stable.

pictures you can find on the switch kites forum

Cheers
Frank
I have SWITCHed...U2?? :thumb:

GTC
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Gear: Wainman

Postby GTC » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:31 pm

naishdude wrote:We have a fine sandy beach, so the sand gets inside and around everything, never had it failed, I was caught by a wave in onshore wind pushing me towards my kite which I dropped,pulled the safety, no problem.
Agree, I also ride in a fine sandy beach and I haven't got any problem yet with the QR.

As many other brands, the above the bar swivell doesn't work properly after many uses but the swivel on the QR works perfectly, you can easily grab it and untwist the lines while riding.

At the beggining I also find the EVA grip a bit hard but after some uses I find it very comfortable. The grip seems to be very durable and resistant to peel off from the stick.
The stopper works well, you can adjust the push force with a screw. I removed it because I never use it.

btw, central lines=knots rear lines=loops

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1901
Gear: N/A

Postby dyyylan » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:07 am

I don't know most of the answers to your questions but after playing with the Combat for a few minutes, the depower is very easy to adjust, and the swivel works flawlessly and is very simple. Wouldn't change any of it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”