snobdr
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Dewey, Atlantic City
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kiting Pet Peeves

Postby snobdr » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:34 am

tautologies wrote:Well yesterday someone pulled a knife on a kiter here, so I guess I developed a pet peeve against that.
...oh and then he was yelling "you wanna go, you wanna go"? Which in it self is kind of retarded.
Wheres the beginner riding close to shore to drop a kite on him

ITN
Medium Poster
Gear: Reo 2016 7m 9m 12m

Postby ITN » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:37 am

This topic is growing a little too quickly. Kiters sure complain a lot. But here I am complaining too!

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:42 am

snobdr wrote: Wheres the beginner riding close to shore to drop a kite on him
Different spot. :-)
As far as I know it was unprovoked. Goons with a stick up their ass.

snobdr
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Dewey, Atlantic City

Postby snobdr » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:51 am

I ment it would have been great to have someone drop a kite on the goon after he pulled the knife. If ya powered up at JUST the right time......Imagin explaining that to you buds. Yea i pulled the knife out at the guy and then got knocked out by a kite.
LOL

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50

Postby frankm1960 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:36 pm

jkrug wrote:
SupaEZ wrote:When someone ask me if i need help to launch......when someone ask me if i need help to land...kiteboarders who must use heel bungees...twin tippers riding in the ocean when waves are really good..people who only own one kite "yet take the lines off kite" when packing down and "put them back on" at next session...those who do not protect their eyes from "uv rays" while kiting...kitesurfers who say "i always ride strapless" in waves and if i feel like jumping i'll just pull out my twin tip...
that's your list of complaints..really?! people asking if they can help you is a pet peeve? people who don't do everything the same exact way you do everything is a pet peeve?

ok, here's one of my pet peeves: people like you.
:rollgrin: excellent post

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.

Postby frankm1960 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:44 pm

tautologies wrote:Well yesterday someone pulled a knife on a kiter here, so I guess I developed a pet peeve against that.
...oh and then he was yelling "you wanna go, you wanna go"? Which in it self is kind of retarded.
:rollgrin:

I thought I had a real peev with my lines always being tangled... but I guess I can live with the tangles now :lol:

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster

Postby frankm1960 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:48 pm

SupaEZ wrote:Kite schools teaching beginners strictly on twin tips!!..."equal time" with directional strapped surfboard should be standard practice...Newbies are after the rush of riding in one direction as fast and easy as possible...to return to starting point have them drop in the water and manually turn board around 180 degrees and waterstart...toeside riding should be next lesson...jibing board should be third lesson...All this done in flat water...Don't just limit your students to kiteboarding expose them also to kitesurfing .....By doing this it opens earlier on two riding possibilities for our future kiters :thumb:
yeah and throw a kiteloop in there while yer at it... why waste time learning all the trivial stuff.. like flying the kite without... um ... dieing I guess.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:25 pm

People who drink a couple cheap beers than go kite landboarding and wipe out ....2 guys trying to do a mixer test (flysurfer) over drinks and arguing about how it is supposed to be done :o

bay surfer
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The Dam Beach
Favorite Beaches: Lake Michigan Beaches, OBX
Gear: Airush, Switch, Pansh, Kites, LF boards, Home Brewed Foils and boards

Postby bay surfer » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:55 pm

Break hogs who only get out of the way, going out, if you bare right at them.

NJOY
Medium Poster
Style: freeride
Gear: gear

Postby NJOY » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:40 am

ITN wrote:This topic is growing a little too quickly. Kiters sure complain a lot. But here I am complaining too!
I know...are we still "pet peeving?" Is it that time of month for you guys, again??!!

haha! Ok, I got one:

xcuse if someone else posted something like this already, BUT, "A__hole", narcissistic, show-off guys whose non-kiting girlfriend films them jumping too close to tourists and other kiters causing them to be a danger to everyone!

No, this never happened to me. OK, once. So I feel peevish! Hmm...so I may have issues....but I don't see the problem here. :lol: :naughty:

Return to “Kitesurfing”