new Peter Lynn tube kite

markite
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Peter Lynn new tube kite?

Postby markite » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:11 am

Peter Lynn is very much involved in kite design and you can sign up to get his personal newsletter for some really amazing insights and discussions of various theories.
Another aspect when working with brilliant people that are continually going in different directions as a retail company aiming to get something to users, at some point you need to take that project from the hands of the designer to work it onto a viable production model otherwise it might stay on the worktable of that designer for years and years with different incarnations etc - it's just practicality.
With the LEI design something that that has been around and refined for a number of years there isn't really anything there for someone to explore that is someone else's vision. You never know, Peter could still pull some surprises out at anytime when he gets a eureka moment.

Ted B
Frequent Poster

Postby Ted B » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:34 pm

I really like the Peter Lynn has a open mind and want make products for all kiters!!! I think it is really great.. look forward to giving one a try!!!! later ted B

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:09 pm

[quote="snobdr"]OK we can talk facts.
I know of 5 Chargers with the same problem tip collapsing.
Everyone i see who rides them brings a gas powered leaf blower to inflate them so you can even get them in the air.
Know at least 2 people who are about to or have given up on them because of collapsing, bowties and really just frustration with the kites.
I know of one team rider that has chargers, because he had to buy them to be a team rider, but would rather ride older PL kites because of the lack of stability in the charger.

Some people love them. Most i know that do fly em would rather have the older models.

The Charger was talked up and fell short.

snobdr, it must suck to be you. i would not get on an initernational kite forum and tell the world how bad you are at flying kites. and, all of your five friends have chargers and they can't fly them either. you've been kiting 2 years at most? funny how your 2 people who have given up on chargers and your team rider have not posted on here to back you up. but..i have heard of people using leaf blowers when snow kiting. i personally have never need one down in florida where we kite all year. that's 11 years of ARC's for me. I LOVE CHARGERS, and FLYSURFERS :)

bullet
Medium Poster
Local Beach: ainsdale
Favorite Beaches: ainsdale
Style: landboard freestyle
Gear: peter lynn aero
CKB board
Brand Affiliation: PETER LYNN KITEBOARDING

Postby bullet » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:41 pm

i really enjoyed reading this thread and im glad to see snob dr is still up to his peter lynn bashing. a person who can rant so much on one subject for two years deserves something for his efforts, but im not quite sure what....................

what i dont get is why do people bash something they havent flown or even want to fly.

as part of the 2012 roll out there is a depower foil coming out, a new twinskin and 2 lei's. what other company is giving you this kind of choice. looks like a good year to come in my books

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:20 am

... what sizes is the depower foil? Closed or open cell?

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:15 am

Kamikuza wrote:... what sizes is the depower foil? Closed or open cell?
I second the same questions. I'd even like to know of any open celled foils that might rival a Speed 2 19 or Speed 3 21 in low end, but don't know where to look.

As for snobdr, I have to say that after reading a lot of his posts I thing the name snob doctor is pretty awesome and am just curious if it's a PhD or other kind of doctoral degree. But getting a doctorate in snobbery is pretty cool.

MonkeyAir
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MonkeyAir » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:06 am

Yeah Loco.
It's the internship in the snob clinic with a possible fellowship at a teaching preach what you don't know institution that really thins the field. It is certainly an honor to have his infinite wisdom here to add some senseless salt to PMU's physics flawed pasta. But in all seriousness, different kites for different folks and applications. I am really stoked to give all three of the new PL kites a run for their performance next year. It's just fun to spend enough time with a new kite to see what it has and then go through all the variations of bridle point attachments, strap differentials and bar tweaks. We all like something a little bit different or else we would have married the same gal. Please don't tell me, my wife is married to another kiter as well... Oh crap..

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:33 am

Hey Monkey Man,

Outstanding points...and your wife says hi. :bye:
MonkeyAir wrote:Yeah Loco.
It's the internship in the snob clinic with a possible fellowship at a teaching preach what you don't know institution that really thins the field. It is certainly an honor to have his infinite wisdom here to add some senseless salt to PMU's physics flawed pasta. But in all seriousness, different kites for different folks and applications. I am really stoked to give all three of the new PL kites a run for their performance next year. It's just fun to spend enough time with a new kite to see what it has and then go through all the variations of bridle point attachments, strap differentials and bar tweaks. We all like something a little bit different or else we would have married the same gal. Please don't tell me, my wife is married to another kiter as well... Oh crap..

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:06 pm

There are always few people who try to bash something...always wonder about their motivation...but the longer the discussion, the more they look like loosers!

Again, the more choices for us riders, the better!

Return to “Kitesurfing”