Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

How to change stopper ball setting on North Trust bar??

Forum for kitesurfers
vannibombonato
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

How to change stopper ball setting on North Trust bar??

Postby vannibombonato » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:18 pm

Hi there,
just received my new 2012 North 5th element trust bar.

I'm trying to figure how to change the setting of the stopper ball from the default "soft" to "hard", as i guess it would be more appropriate for old school tricks a-la deadman etc.

Now, the manual mentions "rotating" the stopper ball, but i don't really quite get it...do i have to disassemble anything?? How??

Thanks for any help!

Vanni

SO_FL_Kiter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Jupiter, FL; Juno Beach, FL
Favorite Beaches: Jupiter Kitebeach, Biscayne Bay
Style: Wave/Freeride
Gear: 15M LF Envy, 12M North Rebel, 11M SS Rev2, 10M North Rhino, 9M LF Session, Airush Sector, Naish Custom Global 6'2", Liquid Force 5'7" FCD, Cabrinha Custom 136, Crazyfly Raptor 132
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: How to change stopper ball setting on North Trust bar??

Postby SO_FL_Kiter » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:29 pm

To change the stopper ball to the higher load holding, you do need to remove it from the lines and put back on in the other direction. Did your 2012 bar include the micro loop that allows you to lock the bar at full power to the top of your ironheart release? I know North stopped installing, but they had been including the loop in their bar packaging for installation by the purchaser.

You may want to consider giving that a shot.

Good luck.

Chris

vannibombonato
Frequent Poster

Postby vannibombonato » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:40 pm

SO_FL_Kiter wrote:To change the stopper ball to the higher load holding, you do need to remove it from the lines and put back on in the other direction. Did your 2012 bar include the micro loop that allows you to lock the bar at full power to the top of your ironheart release? I know North stopped installing, but they had been including the loop in their bar packaging for installation by the purchaser.

Chris
Didn't include it but not interested in getting it, a bit too dangerous i believe.
Now i only have to figure how to disassemble the stopper ball!!!!

Thanks a lot fort the help,

Vanni

Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strawberry, Big Bad UT Lake, Rush mudpuddle.
DC
Favorite Beaches: Strawberry, Rufus,, Hampton NH. San Diego lite wind ninja shit.
Style: Learning,... as in I am still learning.
Gear: 2014 north gear

All of it
North and Race boards
North twin tip and directional yummyness.
Surfboard and strapless play stuff.
Brand Affiliation: I am a North snowkite athlete.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Billy B. » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:40 pm

The stopper ball holds fine for deadman and no handed tricks on the stock setting, Have you tried it on the stock setting yet? I would reccomend trying it before you change it......

vannibombonato
Frequent Poster

Postby vannibombonato » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Billy B. wrote:The stopper ball holds fine for deadman and no handed tricks on the stock setting, Have you tried it on the stock setting yet? I would reccomend trying it before you change it......
Not yet tried...just recieved a bunch of new 2012 gear, i'm currently in my house, under the snow, all rigged up testing the bar without actually having a kite pulling tension on it...will follow your advise, these are my first kites with stopperball!
I was asking the question as actually by doing some testing, ie dropping the bar vertically towards the stopper, wouldnt keep it in position. Yet, obviously there was no tension on the lines.

Return to “Kitesurfing”