Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Wainman Hawaii C-Kites

Forum for kitesurfers
flipper231
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Wainman Hawaii C-Kites

Postby flipper231 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:34 pm

kitesurfrabbi wrote:
after bragging for years that no-one really needs one-pump systems which brake, complicate things, etc. etc....
... on a 3 strut design.
on kites with more struts one pump comes in handy. the guys probably realised that once they tested kite with more than 3 struts ;-)
Lol...on their first website, they used to say it was dangerous. So this is a company who is knowingly putting dangerous goods in thé hands of their clients... I knew then, that they were painting themselves in à corner...

seki-ter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kralova dam, Slovakia
Style: freeride
Gear: Flexifoil, rrd, GK, Caution
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby seki-ter » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:43 pm

flipper231 wrote:
kitesurfrabbi wrote:
after bragging for years that no-one really needs one-pump systems which brake, complicate things, etc. etc....
... on a 3 strut design.
on kites with more struts one pump comes in handy. the guys probably realised that once they tested kite with more than 3 struts ;-)
Lol...on their first website, they used to say it was dangerous. So this is a company who is knowingly putting dangerous goods in thé hands of their clients... I knew then, that they were painting themselves in à corner...
well, let's just wait for the production kites. I see people making too many assumptions from what obviously is a proto.
One way how to smartly get out of that situation would be to give people an option (blade had this on one production year. They were sending kite as one-pumps, but with possibility to convert to standard system) by sending kites without one pump but with a conversion kit.

dandaka
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kaliningrad, Russia
Favorite Beaches: Boracay, Philippines / Mui Ne, Vietnam
Style: unhooked / newschool / wakestyle
Gear: North Vegas 12m² 2012
North Vegas 9m² 2010
North Vegas 7m² 2010
North Team Series 131cm 2011
Mystic Warrior III Len10 2012

Postby dandaka » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:09 am

vannibombonato wrote:As a Wainman owner, i wonder how will they sell this magical one-pump system after bragging for years that no-one really needs one-pump systems which brake, complicate things, etc. etc....
North did same with Vegas in 2012, no problem :)

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:57 am

dandaka wrote:
vannibombonato wrote:As a Wainman owner, i wonder how will they sell this magical one-pump system after bragging for years that no-one really needs one-pump systems which brake, complicate things, etc. etc....
North did same with Vegas in 2012, no problem :)
Ha haa, exactly :thumb:

Just like they used to say 4 lines and bridles were a nono and insisted that only 5 line kites worked :wink:

Untill 2009 when the Evo and others came, so now 4 North kites (2/3 of their lineup) are or can be 4 lined bridled ones 8)
(of course they can also be flown as 5 lined - so a wise marketing decision to do both options)

You got a standpoint till you take a new one :rollgrin:

:D Peter

xsporthk
Rare Poster
Gear: Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii

Postby xsporthk » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:40 am

Looking forward to the C

Keith
www.xsporthk.com

pixelpedro
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: not telling
Favorite Beaches: So far: Santa Cruz, Pismo, Hood River
Style: lil this ... lil dat
Gear: The one that flies and floats

Postby pixelpedro » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:38 pm

Holy sickness! I guess no longer a rumor or speculation.

http://loopingit.com/2014-wainman-hawaii-teaser-2/

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:21 am

i can see a V-bridle in the front lives.Epic Judje c-kite has it 2 years now and it works perfect.too bad tha Dimitri didnt pattend it and wainman copy it.And yes this time ALL the BRAND VICTIMS will love it and say the best words.....

wrogu
Frequent Poster

Postby wrogu » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:08 am

From what I can see you can either use the bridle or not. Secondly A small V bridle was already in very old nobile NHP/666 kites ..... so its not Dimitri invention. It is not exactly the same one but the concept is the same. I am not sure if Nobile was the first brand to use such a bridle too.

And yes this time ALL the BRAND VICTIMS will love it and say the best words.....
So please dont be a EPIC BRAND VICTIM yourself :lol: :wink: :wink:

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:03 am

wrogu wrote:From what I can see you can either use the bridle or not. Secondly A small V bridle was already in very old nobile NHP/666 kites ..... so its not Dimitri invention. It is not exactly the same one but the concept is the same. I am not sure if Nobile was the first brand to use such a bridle too.

And yes this time ALL the BRAND VICTIMS will love it and say the best words.....
So please dont be a EPIC BRAND VICTIM yourself :lol: :wink: :wink:
I use to be a brand victim until i opened my mind.I hate people who refuse to give a chance to a small brand that it builds good if not equal kites.

ps.the bridle on Nobile its not that small

always friendly ....

wrogu
Frequent Poster

Postby wrogu » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:13 am

I use to be a brand victim until i opened my mind.I hate people who refuse to give a chance to a small brand that it builds good if not equal kites.

ps.the bridle on Nobile its not that small

always friendly ....
You are right. But I would consider all: Nobile, Epic, Wainman as small brands :wink: That patent thing was an overkill :wink: :wink: Flexifoil Hadlow pro 2011 also had a small bridle. It is quite a common thing.

Have a close peek at the photos. There are several connection points to the kite. I have not seen any official info, but from the photos I am 90% positive you can have single line connection, small bridle connection and probably something else ;) Wainmans are know for their tunebility.

Anyways I have not flown WH or EPIC in my life. But I wanted to stand for WH :wink: they are not copycats ... or ... every brand is one :lol:

Cheers Mate, please don't take any offence :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”