Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Lovin my TT in the waves.

Postby plummet » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:29 pm

SupaEZ wrote:
plummet wrote:Well i don't have a desire to ride my TT like a surfboard. i ride it a TT. I don't need to have the surfboard feel in the waves, i never was a surfer. Was out at my local beach break the other day. The surf board kiters would catch a wave in ride down the line then and ride way out the back to get back upwind. I stayed right in the impact zone boosting off wave lips and some times landing on the next wave and catching back in. I was getting 4-6 waves to the surfboarder kiters 1.
UNBELIEVABLE
YOUR LOCAL BEACH BREAK NEEDS BETTER STRAPPED KITESURFERS
IF I RODE YOUR SPOT I WOULD MATCH YOUR 6 WAVES JIBING AND TOESIDING EASILY

YOUR REASON FOR LIKING "TT" IN WAVES WAS JUST DENIED
PRACTICE YOUR JIBES
STOP KITEBOARDING AND TWINTIPPING

WAVES ONLY LIKE SURFBOARDS
I HOPE YOU TAKE A NEW "DIRECTION" IN YOUR LIFE :thumb:

:surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :surf: :party1: :surf: :surf:

The local surfboard riders are generally gnarly old dudes and they rip it up something feirce. they too could easily match my 6 waves if they wanted to. And i could have ridden down the line and tacked way out to sea and back had I chose. But i thats what i felt like doing that day and it was sweeeeeet.

but then as stated I am uncool and loving it. I do weird things like landboard aswell. so you can't sway me with your peer pressure superez!.

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:31 am

Way to go Plummet! Have fun, without the need to earn the stamp of approval from anybody else, or the need to put someone else down to build yourself up.

Enjoy those waves however you want...kite, surf, SUP, bodysurf, swim, bodyboard, camera, paintbrush, or even just closing your eyes and listening to the wind and waves. Directional, twintip, skim, strapped, strapless, thruster, twin fin, longboard, alaia, inflatable beach mat, kayak or just swimming....so many ways to enjoy the greatness of nature.

There will always be someone to criticize a person who is having fun and not interfering with anyone. But that shouldn't prevent anyone from having fun. Sometimes the criticism tells more about the critic than the one being criticized.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:24 am

plummet wrote: ...
but then as stated I am uncool and loving it. I do weird things like landboard aswell. so you can't sway me with your peer pressure superez!.
OMG !!!
FINALLY -- someone with enough BALLS to say :

" Hay , FU*K you Guys ; & I'll decide, ((What's COOL)) , NOT YOU" !!!

GO --plummet !!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Bille

Puetz
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Casuarina Beach
Rapic Creek
Lee Point
Buffallo Creek
Favorite Beaches: Old Woman Rock, Darwin
Oka Point, Sanuar, Bali
Phan Rang, Vietnam
Cemetary's, Mui Ne, Vietnam
Point Moore, Hells Gates, Geraldton, Western Australia
Rapid Creek, Darwin, Australia
Lee Point, Darwin, Australia (my local spot)
Nugas/Lakey Peak, Sumbawa
Marion Bay, Tasmania
Long Beach, Robe, South Australia
Style: Foil/Wave/Freeride
Gear: Duotone 13m Juice 2020
Duotone Neo 9m
North Rebel 2014 7m
Duotone Pace 4'10 Foilboard with Carve 950 + GT 90cm mast
North Nugget 5'3" Surfboard
Cyclone Surfboard 6'0"

Postby Puetz » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:01 am

plummet wrote:I know the cool thing to do is ride strapless and unhooked on a surfboard whilst wearing board shorts over your wettie.

But dammit i'm still loving me TT in the waves.

Some times it good being uncool. Then you can do what you enjoy. Not what others think is "cool".
... + 1, I'm with you buddy!!

TTWRA (Twin Tip Wave Riders Anonymous) "hi, my name is Robbie and I'm a TT wave rider, its been 3 days since my last session ..."

:D

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:28 am

The industry should not make the mistake and develop directional surfboards only...enough people out there who simply don't like directionals, including myself!

And we also need more twintip races!

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A
Has thanked: 0

Postby dyyylan » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:20 am

Toby wrote:The industry should not make the mistake and develop directional surfboards only
i agree, i'd like to see some twintip surfboards!

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:18 am

Toby wrote:The industry should not make the mistake and develop directional surfboards only...enough people out there who simply don't like directionals, including myself!

And we also need more twintip races!
no Naish had a directional TT made explicitly for waves...I'm guessing the market wasn't there...

The local race here have separate class for TT...but they don't perform as well.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:59 am

When using a TT in waves - it will really make a huge difference, if you put the stance a bit wider.

I always used to mount my straps in the holes closest to the tips when using TT's in waves - even (or especially in fact) in the smallest ancle snapper waves.

This will make it feel sooooo much better when doing cutbacks - it will be 500% better and feel awesome now :rollgrin:

And many years ago, when using twintips OFTEN in waves, I put bigger fins on the "wave" end, and smaller or normal ones on the "nose", and often used a bit bigger board than for freestyle liking - but one dedicated to waves meaning it had more curve (rocker and/or outline) and maybe even thicker/round edges.

There has been many of these boards around from many brands earlier - but most of them, or all of them, has disappeared now the market is not using such boards no more :o

A few mutant like boards exists - like the Mako's that are great in waves :thumb:
But that is not a TT.
Although their TT's seem to be quite good in waves too, compared to other TT's :remybussi:

In short: almost noone are demanding wave dedicated twintips these days, as we got a load of other options, so the market dont make these 8)
Just like really big kites, and really small kites - are not produced or only very limited - as the market is not there... Eventhough we as individuals might need one of these :cry:

:D Peter

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:44 am

530N52 wrote:Dial in your wave riding skills on both TT and surfboards.

Can you guess which board you will want to use to ride waves?
This is actually very well said 8)

As this IS the fact, and the reason why you hardly ever see TT's in waves.

The occasional waverider is another issue of course - but as kitesurfing is getting much more "specialized" because we ride more and more, most will choose to do what they like the best - and get the board for THAT :rollgrin:

So everybody who are out in waves often and riding them (of course - not just out "in" waves as many are) - will of course have tried a waveboard.

And after some time (maybe not immediately) - no matter how good you were with your TT in waves - you will prefer the waveboard instead 8)

You can also make lots of rotations and aerials with kiteloops and twist and so on - if you like to combine waveriding with freestyle.

Here on an almost no-wave small day, my buddy having fun with a 12m2

And another day with a 7

My point with this post, was to show that you are not really limited in your wave jump/freestyle moves with a waveboard - which I think many assume ?

But if you mostly do freestyle and that is your main preference, and dont want another board for "better" waves - a TT is awesome in waves - absolutely no reason to wrinkle your noses about that :naughty:

:D Peter

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:56 pm

plummet wrote:
The local surfboard riders are generally gnarly old dudes and they rip it up something fierce.
What do you consider as "old dudes"?
Strapped kitesurfer in their 40's , 50's , 60's , 70's even 80's :?: :?:

Are those gnarly dudes your dad's age?

:winner1: :winner1: :winner1: :surf: :surf: :surf:

Return to “Kitesurfing”