Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Core Kites has new importer in Cocoa Beach Fl

Forum for kitesurfers
pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13
Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Core Kites has new importer in Cocoa Beach Fl

Postby pmaggie » Wed May 02, 2012 9:23 am

I own a Riot XR 17 (Riot "1") and I find it really amazing. Definitively not the low end of an SP3 21 but you can really enjoy and stay upwind from about 8 knots with a large board (my own: Nobile Flying Carpet). Easy relaunch, fast in the turns, very predictable, zero backstall. Never rode a Dyno, so can't actually compare.
Core statements about Riot XR "1" 17 compared to Riot 2 show a better low end of Riot 1 but not such a good hi end. Actually, when it's blowing more than 14/15 I largely prefer something smaller at my weight (175 lbs / 79 kg.). Not a problem to go home till 18 anyway, just depower.
I own 3 Core and I'm very happy with them. Good quality, top performance and a fantastic after sale service.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Postby SupaEZ » Wed May 02, 2012 12:29 pm

.......... :thanx: to all who have COREsponded and CORElated so far.....
.............Seb
............14ToeSide
............Chipmunk
............Kiter 11
............Robertovillate
............Pmaggie

..............Let's hear an enCORE ........for all you hardCORE kiters

.......................................... :surf: :pump: :strong: :chorus: :bravo:

MUDSUX
Medium Poster
Local Beach: COCOA BEACH
Gear: NAISH, CABRINHA
Been thanked: 0

Postby MUDSUX » Wed May 02, 2012 2:51 pm

Hey Michel,

A buddy of mine just ordered 2 Core kites from Brett. We were at the Slick on Monday and he was riding a12M, I was on my Naish Charger 13M. The Core kites look really good. I checked out the bar and not so sure about the twisting release, I am so use to the push-away QR. Anyway, can you forsee any problems with using a different bar, regarding the distance for the split in the front lines? I didn't get to see how far away the split is for the Core front lines. I know some bars with a very short split will change the geometry of the kites and affect how they fly. Thanks!

PS, cant wait to see 321's new store.

DenisLaMenace
Medium Poster
Local Beach: It's a secret spot
Favorite Beaches: Ask flipper231
Style: I'm French Canadian so my style is weird
Gear: Everything that can fit into my Honda Odyssey
Brand Affiliation: Webmaster at http://www.kiteforum.ca

Postby DenisLaMenace » Wed May 02, 2012 3:15 pm

I have been flying the XR2 13.5m for a few times now, and really enjoy the kite.

an easy to fly all-arounder that has light bar pressure, stupid easy reverse launch, and great hangtime.

the 19m has been sitting in my garage for 1 week now, and I am just waiting perfect condition to test it. the 13.5m has already excellent low end, can't wait to see 19m low end.

BTW I had to release safety after a floater jammed below my bar, and the twist chicken loop work super smooth and fine. To my surprise the release motion was instinctive.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Thu May 03, 2012 2:10 am

[quote="MUDSUX"]
A buddy of mine just ordered 2 Core kites from Brett. The Core kites look really good. I checked out the bar and not so sure about the twisting release, I am so use to the push-away QR. Anyway, can you forsee any problems with using a different bar, regarding the distance for the split in the front lines? I didn't get to see how far away the split is for the Core front lines. I know some bars with a very short split will change the geometry of the kites and affect how they fly. Thanks![quote]

Thank you for looking in and question

The newly redesigned twisting release of the Sensor bar is very easy to get used to
It takes very little effort to twist a 1/4 turn clockwise or counter clockwise to activate
Look for a video on YouTube filmed in Cocoa Beach recently about it's 100% release even when packed with wet sand

The question about the bar
Is it for your buddy who bought 2 Core kites (without bars or just one) and want to use his own bar/ bars?
Or is it for you because you want to try one of his new kites and use your own bar?

The split as you call it for the Sensor bar is right above the "virtual 5th" system at about 4.5 meters from bar (15 ft)
For example purposes on a North trust bar 5 lines (25 meters long) the split is about middle point or 12.5 meters
So much higher as you can see
I do not know about other bars manufacturers specifications for their split heights to compare even more

Your best bet in my opinion is to always buy the bar that is sold with the kite and purchase as one unit (complete)
All the kites i ride are one unit (complete) and i never detach lines on any of them
At this moment we only have tube kites (6 of them ) shared with my better half :heartface:
Core XR2 19M,Core XR2 17M, Rebels 2011 12M,10M,8M, Rebel 2010 6M

Mix and match can be real tricky not only for "geometry" but also the ratio of length between front lines and back lines
It can be done and work well.........but why.....i just don't feel like taking the time to do all that.
Just want to go out there have fun and kite

.......................... :surf: :surf: :surf:

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Thu May 03, 2012 8:28 pm

What is the Core feature of the kite? :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :happybirthday: :happybirthday:

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster

Postby robertovillate » Thu May 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Apparently someone has unresolved issues. What's the problem...seriously dude?

Core Kites USA
Rare Poster
Local Beach: SoCal
Favorite Beaches: Maui
South Padre Island
La Ventana
Yucatan
Style: Old School
Gear: CORE KITES and RRD
Brand Affiliation: Core Kites

Postby Core Kites USA » Fri May 04, 2012 6:36 am

Good winds comrades.

I have the 15,17, and 19 mts available for DEMO in CA.

Also dont forget about our GTS, the best wakestyle kite on the market..

In regards of the LW kites, I tried all, including the RIOT XR1 17 mts, they are all different, but out of question "the speed" and hang time are the best features amoung the low end... Every single person that DEMO them fell in love with the kties because we are not compromising speed over size.. (I really like to ride them with the extensions)

Finally, the top noch materials, will give you a KITE for a few years without having to repair anything in a long run.
Also CORE is not lunching kites every other year, holding their value and a sing of commitment from GERMANY as a great product good to be sold for two years..

The 17 mts XR1 and XR2 are my best sellers and a SPECIALTY KITE for LW.

Thanks and exciting to hear more COREenthusiast..

Roberto, nice picture.. Cant not wait to see the 8 mts action pics..

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13
Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL

Postby pmaggie » Fri May 04, 2012 7:43 am

Hi Core Kites crew, a question for you please: the 17LW came, if I'm not wrong, late autumn 2010 (please correct if I'm wrong!). In spring 2011 the new XR2 appeared. On the paper, it seems that the XR2 has slightly inferior low end in comparison to the size and a better hi-end. Is this correct? What about the difference between the 17LW and the 17LW 2? The XR2 17 appeared only a few month after model 1.
Just curiosity of course! Thank you!

Paolo

Return to “Kitesurfing”