Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: New Naish kite Fly

Postby Toby » Thu May 03, 2012 8:44 am

I hope it is a big air kite with lots of hangtime!

WildDuke
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Taurama beach
Gear: 2012 10m Airush Varial X
2012 12m Airush One
2012 9m Airush One
2012 Cabrinha Custom 140x42.5 Board
2012 Liquidforce Vantage CT boots
2010 Dakine Pyro waist harness
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby WildDuke » Thu May 03, 2012 11:24 am

Ha ha ha ha! I'm just waiting for someone to say it;

Delta, c-kite, hybrid, SLE. Nothing like we've ever seen before! bridled 4line with 5th line like safety. Maximum pop, boost, hangtime, glide, range, depower and feel. Super light pressure with super direct feel. Instant telepathic relaunch. An industry first 3strut design! Super rigid canopy that also has maximum flex to make it turn super fast, year be totally wake style stable. Pivotal turning with HUGE grunt for c-kite like kite loops. This is a one kite quiver that will get a rider going in 3 kts but can still be comfortably and safety ridden in 40+kts. It is truly a versatile kite that can be ridden as a truly all terrain kite; land, sea, snow and the vacuum of outer space. It's the perfect race, wake style, big boost, maximum hangtime, kite loop killer, freeride, freestyle, and dedicated surf kite.

Ha ha ha! Sorry, I say this with humour! I'm not having a dig at Naish, ALL kite manufacturers are guilty of this kind of marketing!

Ok sorry, I'll stop now. I'm sure it's gunna be a good kite!

sarc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby sarc » Thu May 03, 2012 12:39 pm

WildDuke wrote:Ha ha ha ha! I'm just waiting for someone to say it;

Delta, c-kite, hybrid, SLE. Nothing like we've ever seen before! bridled 4line with 5th line like safety. Maximum pop, boost, hangtime, glide, range, depower and feel. Super light pressure with super direct feel. Instant telepathic relaunch. An industry first 3strut design! Super rigid canopy that also has maximum flex to make it turn super fast, year be totally wake style stable. Pivotal turning with HUGE grunt for c-kite like kite loops. This is a one kite quiver that will get a rider going in 3 kts but can still be comfortably and safety ridden in 40+kts. It is truly a versatile kite that can be ridden as a truly all terrain kite; land, sea, snow and the vacuum of outer space. It's the perfect race, wake style, big boost, maximum hangtime, kite loop killer, freeride, freestyle, and dedicated surf kite.

Ha ha ha! Sorry, I say this with humour! I'm not having a dig at Naish, ALL kite manufacturers are guilty of this kind of marketing!

You forgot to mention that the 9m turns just like a 7

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Thu May 03, 2012 6:38 pm

Haha so true.
I guess you`re still riding 2005 or 2006 kites, or not ...?
They are the same after all.

L.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu May 03, 2012 6:40 pm

Ludmil wrote:

Haha so true.
I guess you`re still riding 2005 or 2006 kites, or not ...?
They are the same after all.

L.
:thumb: :thumb:

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Thu May 03, 2012 8:16 pm

Delta, c-kite, hybrid, SLE. Nothing like we've ever seen before! bridled 4line with 5th line like safety. Maximum pop, boost, hangtime, glide, range, depower and feel. Super light pressure with super direct feel. Instant telepathic relaunch. An industry first 3strut design! Super rigid canopy that also has maximum flex to make it turn super fast, year be totally wake style stable. Pivotal turning with HUGE grunt for c-kite like kite loops. This is a one kite quiver that will get a rider going in 3 kts but can still be comfortably and safety ridden in 40+kts. It is truly a versatile kite that can be ridden as a truly all terrain kite; land, sea, snow and the vacuum of outer space. It's the perfect race, wake style, big boost, maximum hangtime, kite loop killer, freeride, freestyle, and dedicated surf kite.....
wow! bull's eye! you are really nailed it. you've just described each and every modern kite.
a you sure you are not the kite designer? :)

noticed that there are not even numbers of struts in this description? that is because it is totally unnatural for the kite to exist without the central strut.

i'm never going to buy a kite with even numbers of struts. that is how shallow i am. ride or fly, whatever

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu May 03, 2012 9:09 pm

Btw. I've had a go on it.

I am not sure if I can say all of what Wild Duke said. Probably be hard to ride it in 3 knots. :thumb:

I've only used the kite in light winds. Seems powerful. The kite is obviously meant for freeriding / freestyle, so there a lot more focus on faster turning than a racekite. The kite did take me a little by surprise, in winds I would not normally bother to pump up unless I had a race kite / board. I really do not know how much the wind was, but I was using the fish first and then an arcade. I did not even think I could launch the kite, but self launch was pretty easy. Once in the air the kite felt stable. Turns really well for a big kite. Yes looping it works.

To me the two strut construction makes sense. The kite has a wide center area...exactly where you want to create lift. Light construction means it it is easy to have it stay in the air. It had no tendency to fall either way.

I could jump it in light wind, yes it provided some time in the air. Much more of a sheeting control for jumping. Fun for sure. :-)

eree: The problem with bombastic statements is that it hard to go back on them unless you just forget that you said it ;-)

WildDuke
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Taurama beach
Gear: 2012 10m Airush Varial X
2012 12m Airush One
2012 9m Airush One
2012 Cabrinha Custom 140x42.5 Board
2012 Liquidforce Vantage CT boots
2010 Dakine Pyro waist harness
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby WildDuke » Fri May 04, 2012 12:45 am

Wow! Two stuts! I didn't know that! Very interesting! My kites only have one, so I guess the other one is for backup! :) he he he!

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri May 04, 2012 10:29 am

eree wrote:
wow! bull's eye! you are really nailed it. you've just described each and every modern kite.
a you sure you are not the kite designer? :)

noticed that there are not even numbers of struts in this description? that is because it is totally unnatural for the kite to exist without the central strut.

i'm never going to buy a kite with even numbers of struts. that is how shallow i am. ride or fly, whatever
Just our of curiosity. Why do you feel it is unnatural for a kite to not have a center strut? Surely it works within the same framework of rules of physics as the rest of them does? :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”