Airush Lithium 14LW

Forum for kitesurfers
Eardleyf1
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Airush Lithium 14LW

Postby Eardleyf1 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:30 pm

Just wanted to throw my opinion of this kite out there for anyone interested.

I bought the kite about a month ago and finally had the chance to use it on a trip to Puerto Rico this week and I'm really impressed. My old kite was a 2007 13m Best Waroo so its a massive step forward. Jumps were really easy with very floaty landings. Even when I screwed up the timing all I had to do was pull in on the bar and up I went. When I got it all right, I shot up high and came down really soft. The kite also turns a lot faster than the Waroo. The wind on the first day of riding was between 15 and 28 kts with some higher gusts. I'm pretty light at 75kgs but I never really felt overpowered.

The next day was a light wind session. I only got about 20 minutes of riding in as the wind really started to die. The first 15 minutes, I had between 10 and 12 kts then went down below 10 before I came in. Again the kite was really nice. I was able to hold my ground even in the lighter wind.

I did notice the canopy flapping during jumps in the higher wind and during hard turns in the lighter wind. This could be a problem with the way the kite is setup I'm not sure. This didn't seem to effect how the kite flew.

Hope this helps anyone looking to buy a new kite. I live in Florida so I'll use this kite about 95 percent of the time. I'm very happy with it. Glad I spent the money.

Return to “Kitesurfing”