Favorite Beaches: California, Oregon, Baja Mexico & Hawaii,
Style: Waves
Gear: The good gear
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Naish 2013

Postby ikitehi » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:45 am

Slappysan wrote:Having a kite named "Fly" and a board named "Fly" is fail.

There seems like no reason to have the "ride" bar and "universal" bar, perhaps one is a few dollars cheaper.
You said it buddy!!!! Lol!!!!

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:51 am

Slappysan wrote:There seems like no reason to have the "ride" bar and "universal" bar, perhaps one is a few dollars cheaper.
One I think the ride bars are $70 or so cheaper I think?. :-)
I'm guessing but the idea is to have the Ride as more affordable and so it comes without some of the bells and whistles or the Park. Some form of entry drug ;-)

Rixter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Where the wind blows

Postby Rixter » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:46 am

Awesome collection again :o

Only curious, which kite Robby is going to ride in the waves

Seems that my Bolts are going to be collectors items :cry1:

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil

Postby Dirk » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:16 am

Looks like that they went with the dimensions of the Global range more or less back to where they were 2011/11: 5.5 x 17, 5,8 x 18, 6,0 x 18,5. Great, I love my 5.7 from 2010 and when it is finished I can replace it with something very similar.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:23 am

Rixter wrote:Awesome collection again :o

Only curious, which kite Robby is going to ride in the waves

Seems that my Bolts are going to be collectors items :cry1:
hehe yeah same here. I'm selling my 6, but I think I'll be keeping the 9...that said I keep on saying that, and then something better comes out :-)

Brent4336
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Brent4336 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:46 pm

What?? no Geo Tech?

Just pokin fun, but it goes to show that Hype and marketing are just that. Only took about 4 years for sigma design to completely dissapear. If they had dropped it any faster it might have been bad optics!

Their line up looks a little more cohesive now, and they do have a pretty nice website.

To say the ride and Bolt have a lot of overlap is pretty funny. They are diametrically opposite in their design. One was all about rigidity and stability and the other is all about minimalist simpicity.

I'm interested to see how long the trailing edge holds up on the ride/fly design.

Wouldn't mind having a Torch or Park tho!

pitbulldoug
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Fortaleza,Cumbuco,Uruau,CE Brasil Ventura Co.California
Style: Wave and foil
Gear: Naish Kites/Wings,ASD surfboards Fortaleza CE Brasil,Kalama supfoil, MHL kitefoil,GoFoil surffoils,Scrivy Surfboards CA.Axis foils,Camet winging boards,Starboard/Airush Wings

Postby pitbulldoug » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:57 pm

No BOLT!! the cult/bolt IMO with a lot of time on them through the years are the best high wind kites I have ever used hands down,I retired my 7.5 cult last year for the 8.0 bolt and that kite is amazing in high winds I actually have fun in 35-40 mph winds.Bad move if you ask me.love the parks for lighter wind conditions ,but they dont hold a candle to the cult/bolt line in strong gusty conditions.Guess Im holding onto my bolt for a while.bummers

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:27 pm

tautologies wrote:That is the bullet.
I think it would fit the free race classification, but definitely a board you actually ride in a small wave.
I've had a short go on this board....but unfortunately not in light winds..it was nuking, so it is really hard to say how it will work in light winds. Could work for small kine waves.
So I guess you can set it up with two straps or three? The website shows a strapped-surfboard-style two parallel straps, but in the video there are two seperate front straps for more of a free race board. Interested in a surf/race board like this to ride in light winds when the race board won't work in shallow areas or when there are good waves.

So in order from more raceboard-like to more surf-board like I'm guessing:
Sector 54
North Freerace
Cabrinha Transport
Naish Bullet
SS Kneeswacker

Some one needs to do a comparison test!

rightguard
Very Frequent Poster

Postby rightguard » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:59 pm

I was out the other day, overpowered on my 2010 6m cult, and got to use my friends 9m ride. I was overpowered but surprised at how well it handled gusts. The bar pressure was a little more than my cult but it was consistent, didn't change that much with the gusts. Had the highest jumps ever but that could have been the kite size... Overall I thought it was very similar to the cult/bolts and a nice kite. Hopefully I'll get to fly it some more and convince myself to get one. I'd like to try a 6m ride... I like having a real stable high wind kite.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:25 pm

Brent4336 wrote:What?? no Geo Tech?

Just pokin fun, but it goes to show that Hype and marketing are just that. Only took about 4 years for sigma design to completely dissapear. If they had dropped it any faster it might have been bad optics!

Their line up looks a little more cohesive now, and they do have a pretty nice website.

To say the ride and Bolt have a lot of overlap is pretty funny. They are diametrically opposite in their design. One was all about rigidity and stability and the other is all about minimalist simpicity.

I'm interested to see how long the trailing edge holds up on the ride/fly design.

Wouldn't mind having a Torch or Park tho!
Well I don't know what works on the bolt..but it does work. I know that the kites look reasonably opposite, but as someone that have ridden both kites a lot I can say it again: In how the kite works there is a lot of overlap.

I am not worried about the trailing edge on the ride. I see less canopy movement on that kite than on some 5 strut kites.

As any other kite though don't leave it on a windy beach inflated all day.

Return to “Kitesurfing”