Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Gear: naish
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Naish 2013

Postby Mike27 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:19 am

tautologies wrote:The ATB bar will most definitely be usable on older kites. Naish has had same length on the front and back lines as a standard for forever....

Mike: Personally I prefer the below the bar, and I am sure the above the bar will have a neoprene cover but what exactly is the problem?

Really small amount of adjustement with this kind of trim.....and the two "things" to pull the depower seems really junk !

tino
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 1990
Local Beach: Bruce's Beach, Adelaide
Favorite Beaches: Hurghada, Egypt
Style: Wake, Wave, Skim
Gear: JN Kites and Boards
Brand Affiliation: JN

Postby tino » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:40 am

Slappysan wrote:Oh god, they have the "ride" board now too, so you can get the ride-ride combo or the fly-fly combo. They really need to hire someone to come up with names for their products.
Makes perfect sense.... Light wind kite/light wind board and Entry Level kite/entry level board!!!

No need to complicate things more then required!

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:25 pm

stakas wrote:Why was the Sigma design killed? I guess cost cutting since it had 5 struts.
yes, that is because all this zigzag crap on LE or TE just doesn't work on the speeds of the kites existing today.

next they will just switch to the old proven delta kite configurations. and i'm pretty sure there will be no even number struts in them.

i'm just sitting and waiting...

tony montana
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: naples fl
Favorite Beaches: naples fl
Style: waverider
Gear: north
Brand Affiliation: north nash cabrina any kite with a safety system that works i mean works

Postby tony montana » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:42 pm

tautologies wrote:
ridetimeless wrote:
do you know by chance what is the difference in wind range between bolt 6m and park 6m, 2012 models?
sorry no, not exactly, but if other sizes is anything to go by, assume the bolt have a higher high end, feel more comfortable to ride in the high end and about same low end. I have not even been close to the high end of the 6 bolt even in ultra gusty conditions. I've only had the 6 out a few times, it is not that windy over here. :-)
Hi Taut like to thank you for park reviews,ended up getting 14 10 8 park best wave kite i have ever used,like to know bottom end and top bolt 6 might get one. love below bar depower set and go,Tony

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:54 pm

stakas wrote:
Why was the Sigma design killed? I guess cost cutting since it had 5 struts.

yes, that is because all this zigzag crap on LE or TE just doesn't work on the speeds of the kites existing today.

next they will just switch to the old proven delta kite configurations. and i'm pretty sure there will be no even number struts in them.

i'm just sitting and waiting...

because slingshot did it, and i thought they are the slowest ones to innovations.

but then the ocean rodeo pick up the "slow" flag and put up the "new" kite, the prodigy! good thing OR don't advertise it as the"revolutionary break through".

H C
Rare Poster

Postby H C » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Mike27 wrote:
H C wrote:I see above the bar depower available for Park and Fly
http://www.naishkites.com/2013/ATB%20Un ... %20System/

I am about to but my first Naish kite (Park) and was unsure of below the bar depower but have to say I am bit worried about being unable to reach them adjusters in ahe above system , what do yea think?
Are they serious with this bar ?? :o
I am happy to see the 2013 Park geting no major changes just shorter bridle thinner leading edge in bigger kite and the option of above or below the bar depower, I am thinking I will go witha 2012 kite and change to b.t.b. depower if I am having problems ..and as I have big hands I don't feel the need for the thinner bar..

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:29 am

Mike27 wrote: Really small amount of adjustement with this kind of trim.....and the two "things" to pull the depower seems really junk !
Well, [I am not sure how much depower it gives, but it looks kind of like the depower system they had on the Boxer SLE..just from the pics. Those depower handles worked fine. I think the solution is a lot like the solutions I've seen from other brands that have above the bar depower. For me having a below the bar get all of it out of the way tho. I barely ever touch it anyways...

:-)

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:51 am

tony montana wrote:
Hi Taut like to thank you for park reviews,ended up getting 14 10 8 park best wave kite i have ever used,like to know bottom end and top bolt 6 might get one. love below bar depower set and go,Tony

Hey my pleasure. I just like to ride..and it makes me talkative. Poor guys at the beach. :-)

the 14 10 8 combo is magic for sure.

On the 6 Bolt. I have ridden it pretty low, I'd venture a guess and say maybe 25 mph for solid full on power, and I really have no idea what the top end is. The kite literally never been overpowered. I have been the only one out in solid 30-35+ mph, and nuking gusts quite a bit higher..I mean I do not exactlyu know what the wind was but pretty wild and the kite loves it. Just note that when it blows those winds here it is never a steady nuking pull...it is stormy direction changing, gusty..lulls of almost nothing and then nuking gusts that changes the direction of the wind...

The Bolt's only Achilles heel would be turning speed, but anything below the size 9 turns plenty fast...the 6 is obviously more than fast enough.

Definitely a kite that has some overlap with the 8, but once you feel it might be a little too much for the 8 park..pump up the 6 and have a laugh. :-)

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003

Postby Ludmil » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:47 pm

Does anyone tested new Torches,Parks?
Whats new on MShot and Method/Momentum/...?

L.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:58 pm

Ludmil wrote:Does anyone tested new Torches,Parks?
Whats new on MShot and Method/Momentum/...?

L.
I've had a lit session on the 8 Park :lol: :o :thumb: and a few of the boards. Hoping for more testing very soon. :-)

Return to “Kitesurfing”