Local Beach: wrightsville
Style: freestyle
Gear: twin tip board rebel 2009 kite
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ozone c4 or core gts

Postby mdiggs » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:48 pm

im tryin to decided between two kites core gts and ozone c4 i want a kite easy and perfect for unhooked tricks and good in all wind conditions gusty and light winds.

criznach
Medium Poster

Re: ozone c4 or core gts

Postby criznach » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:31 pm

Let us know when you find the perfect kite! :wink:

I'd give you a serious opinion, but I've only flown the C4s. I can vouch for their simplicity, stability in gusts and relaunch. As for light wind it depends on the size. There are better light wind kites out there than the C4s. Core's look nice but never had the chance to fly one.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:11 am

mdiggs wrote:im tryin to decided between two kites core gts and ozone c4 i want a kite easy and perfect for unhooked tricks and good in all wind conditions gusty and light winds.

To me i'd at least wait until the next generation of the core kite. First generation and yet the C4 is well refined. Can't go wrong with this kite but the new core has some risk associated with it as a choice. if you can demo both then its a no brainer.

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster

Postby robertovillate » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:03 am

Westozzy wrote:
mdiggs wrote:im tryin to decided between two kites core gts and ozone c4 i want a kite easy and perfect for unhooked tricks and good in all wind conditions gusty and light winds.
To me i'd at least wait until the next generation of the core kite. First generation and yet the C4 is well refined. Can't go wrong with this kite but the new core has some risk associated with it as a choice. if you can demo both then its a no brainer.
Actually, the Core GTS2 is not the "first generation" of the Core kites. I do not personally own the GTS2 (yet) but have a 2 year old Riot XR and several new XR2's. There is defintiely nothing wrong with my original XR although the new XR2 is a different in many respects...both great kites thouugh. I imagine the same can be said about the old GT vs new GTS2 which shares many of the new features of the XR2 except that the GTS2 is a C kite.

A friend, and super rider, I know in Canada has been on the GTS2 and he has been loving them. This guy truly "kills it" on the water and would not be on a kite that was not a top performer.

With respect to quality you can't go wrong with the Core. Ozone are good too.

Every kite feels a little different, and others might like something different from you. If there is any way for you to try both that would be the best thing, but I think you would be happy with either one if you had to flip a coin. I am hoping to fly some 2013 C4's in the next week or so and will post some comments here. Another of my respected friends rides them (hard core snow/alpin and water) and loves them, so that makes me eager to try the new C4. He has been riding Ozone for many years and obviously likes them...and he also rode the Core kites recently and enthusiastically mentioned that it was a really fun kite too.

Sorry if there is no clear answer about it...You might look closely at some of the subtle features of the 2 brands and see if that tips the scale one way or another, e.g. inflation system, bar system, etc.

TimS
Medium Poster
Style: Freeride/freestyle
Gear: Core GTS/XR

Postby TimS » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:03 am

So you gonna fly prototypes of the C4 2013 ? Let us know, the 2012 is already perfect to me and much improved to the first 2010 C4.

eitan80
Frequent Poster

Postby eitan80 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:56 am

Rode both and 4 me it was the C4 bigtime.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:02 pm

robertovillate wrote:
Westozzy wrote:
Actually, the Core GTS2 is not the "first generation" of the Core kites. I do not personally own the GTS2 (yet) but have a 2 year old Riot XR and several new XR2's. There is defintiely nothing wrong with my original XR although the new XR2 is a different in many respects...both great kites thouugh. I imagine the same can be said about the old GT vs new GTS2 which shares many of the new features of the XR2 except that the GTS2 is a C kite.

A friend, and super rider, I know in Canada has been on the GTS2 and he has been loving them. This guy truly "kills it" on the water and would not be on a kite that was not a top performer.

With respect to quality you can't go wrong with the Core. Ozone are good too.

Every kite feels a little different, and others might like something different from you. If there is any way for you to try both that would be the best thing, but I think you would be happy with either one if you had to flip a coin. I am hoping to fly some 2013 C4's in the next week or so and will post some comments here. Another of my respected friends rides them (hard core snow/alpin and water) and loves them, so that makes me eager to try the new C4. He has been riding Ozone for many years and obviously likes them...and he also rode the Core kites recently and enthusiastically mentioned that it was a really fun kite too.

Sorry if there is no clear answer about it...You might look closely at some of the subtle features of the 2 brands and see if that tips the scale one way or another, e.g. inflation system, bar system, etc.

No kidding I rode the gt, the gts and the xr, it is cores first generation c kite.

TimS
Medium Poster
Style: Freeride/freestyle
Gear: Core GTS/XR

Postby TimS » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:47 pm

Actually none of those 2 are real C kites, SLE with a C-shape :thumb:
Both are good kites you can't go wrong with them.

I think the Ozone bar lasts longer because of the depowercord you never have to renew, only the safety line once a year.

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster

Postby robertovillate » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:48 pm

Westozzy wrote:No kidding I rode the gt, the gts and the xr, it is cores first generation c kite.
OK, I was assuming the PM is considering a "new" kite. I think they released the GTS over 2 years ago, and before that they had the GT? I think the GTS2 was released only in the last 3 months. So if he wants to buy a used GT your comment is true. Also I think the older GT you could fly with true 5th line, but the new GTS2 is designed for 4-line.

Core does a 2-year design cycle so waiitng for anything newer than the current GTS2 or the XR2's will probably mean waiting until late 2013. I think both models are pretty dialed in so I'd say waiting for the next generation on these kites is like waiting for a better mousetrap. I am sure there will be improvements and change in the next generation, just like with any other kite - although I've seen some brands actually go backwards or sideways with their designs. To be honest I have a hard time deciding if I like the XR2 more than the XR - both are really great kites. I have not been able to compare the GT to GTS2 though.

dvayu
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Leo Carillo and Belmont Shore, Los Angeles
Favorite Beaches: All where is good wind
Style: freestyle, jumping
Gear: Slingshot RPM, Rally, Octane

Postby dvayu » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:01 pm

I hope this opinion will help you little bit.

I own 2010 ozone C4, I am on search for perfect kite since 2009 and every year I spend lot of money to buy new kites. My goal was to find perfect boosting machine (which I find in 2011 Ozone edge. This was and still is best boosting kite I have flown. If you looking for smooth hights and hangtime. Yet if you looking for agressive feeling (kind of like your ribs are pulled away from harness, you need to choose more C shape kite). So as my riding style changed I was looking for perfect kite again, and realize that for great jumping (not so great hangtime) little bit of unhooked and waves C kite will be best. Unfortunately I start kiting late, I never liked much 5 line kites (I was spoiled on 4 line and hybrid kites) so I was looking for 4 line C shape kite hybrid. Best boost and hangtime is by my opinion at Airush xVarial and Ozone C4. I have not tried all c-hybrid kites on market but I tried few).
So to go back to your question I ended up selling whole quiver of xVarial and buy 2 year old quiver of C4. They are awesome kites. Only thing I wish for is they are more durable (canopy) and they hang longer ;).

Last week I had a chance to try my friend new 2013GTS 12 and compare it to my 2010 C4 12,
the kite has lot of similarities, yet I would choose my C4 over GTS2, this is strictly mi opinion, and it may be mainly because I am use to this kite.
here is what GOOD I can say about GTS2,
- it boost
- it has more low end power then C4
- light bar pressure
- pull away bar safety syste

what I like about C4
- I believe it boost better and slightly better hang time
- both are easy relaunch (I felt easier with mine but it may by because I am so familiar with it)
- I love when middle lines spread close to depover (for easier and faster self-landing) ozone has that
- bar is thicker which I preferrer
- no pulleys, just bridles (simple and effective)

I am sure you will be happy with either, the best thing will be for you to test both back to back. I never flown 2013 C4 and I plan to buy new once they will come up with new bar, Ozone bar is great, it would be better if is has pull away safety and stopper ball for dead man ;)

take care
D

Return to “Kitesurfing”