Forum for kitesurfers
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 766
- Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:00 am
- Kiting since: 2000
- Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
- Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
- Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17, Flite 12, Prodigy 9.5, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing, Mako 150, Slingshot FSurf
- Brand Affiliation: XL Kites
- Location: XL Kites.com
RadDrDuke wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:10 am
I have been using GoPro for surfing, kiting, snowboarding etc since GoPro 1. I currently have the GoPro 6 black and it's great.
For kiting in particular there are only 3 good views:
1) Line Mount: Best view, best angle, most interesting. I have the CamRig and the UGo. CamRig = JamRig and will probably kill someone someday if it hasn't already. UGo is way better design and doesn't tangle.
2) Head or mouth mount: Great view but often the kite/board will be out of view and it just looks like you are riding in the ocean so be sure to angle it downward. Any cheap brand works, I've had 4.
3) Kite mount: Boring quickly but great for good locations and beautiful water. There are two on Amazon and they are both great.
Board mounts are horrible views for both kiting and surfing, they are clever designs shown above but the footage looks SUPER lame. Handheld mounts are hard to use while riding obviously but okay for quick selfies. Chest mounts are dangerous because of risk of tangles etc and the angle isn't the best.
I don't know if these guys are still in business or not, but I still think this is the best view there is. It makes the viewer feel like they're actually out there riding along with you. I've used it a little doing stuff for the shop and was pretty easy to forget that I was wearing it.
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:47 pm
- Kiting since: 2011
- Gear: RRD
Poison Camo 135
- Brand Affiliation: None
- Location: Lisbon / Tallinn
If you add the Noir Matter Quark gimbal with the line attachment to the Wizmount that would be perfect
Return to “Kitesurfing”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], MSN [Bot], mutexx, szert and 21 guests