Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Anyone uses Double Depower option on Rabbit 2.0 bar?

Forum for kitesurfers
seki-ter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kralova dam, Slovakia
Style: freeride
Gear: Flexifoil, rrd, GK, Caution
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anyone uses Double Depower option on Rabbit 2.0 bar?

Postby seki-ter » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:29 am

Last time on water I was forced to use my slightly forgotten WH smoke, working mainly on raley to blind (so far without success) and other simplest UH stuff. That means I was crashing a lot and one thing really annoyed me:
I was riding on suicide setup and the kite really had some decent pull when sitting on the water waiting for me to put my sh*t together after each crash. It was almost little too much, which is really something I was not used from SS RPMs.

I know there is an option of double depower setup, so I'm thinking of trying it next time. Of course I'm not willing to go stock safety setup way, that would be too time consuming for relaunch. Is anyone successfully using this setup? If co, can you describe how it feels, positives and negatives?

Also, what's the best bridled setup for UH riding on WH Smoke ( tried single attachment, but did not like it for our gusty wind)? I think I was using it on Downwind/Semi fast setup and my pop was nowhere near the pop I get from RPMs using the same board. Of course I have spent "years" on RPMs but only have handfull of sessions on Smoke so far, so I'm sure there will be some learning curve.

Saami
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anyone uses Double Depower option on Rabbit 2.0 bar?

Postby Saami » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:10 pm

I haven't used the Double Depower option so I won't comment on that.

However, regarding the best setup for unhooked riding, the Downwind/Semi fast setup is definietly not the best one for that. Change the frontline setting to "upwind" to get a more C-kite like feel and the greatest boost when you load & pop. Combine that with the "Slow" setting for the backline attachments and you will have the best setup for wakestyle. That way you should get nicely powered liftoffs with good slack in the lines for passing the bar.

Return to “Kitesurfing”