Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha Nugget, have you used it in waves?

Forum for kitesurfers
mowaves
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cabrinha Nugget, have you used it in waves?

Postby mowaves » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:31 pm

Hi, awhile back I was able to try out a cabrinha nugget with the stock little fins in flat water and it was so so...I really would like to try one with surf fins in waves as I think it might fit my style. Anyone have experience with this? Also looking to possibly pick one up so lemme know if you have one. Thanks

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Cabrinha Nugget, have you used it in waves?

Postby MissionMan » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:34 am

Are you sure you don't mean the North Nugget? The cabrinha nugget is a wake skate.

geopeck
Frequent Poster

Postby geopeck » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:23 am

Since noone else is piping up I'll tell you what I know - which isn't much. I've had my nugget out about 5 times mostly in flat to chop, but once in some 3 foot waves. Always with the stock fins - they aren't enough to keep it from sliding out in the wash, especially with the high buoyancy of the board. When I did turn onto some faces or chase them down from behind the high rocker seemed like it was paying off pretty well - buoyancy and rocker together giving a smooth ride on the face and able to slow down enough to make a good bottom turn or keep you up while you redirect the kite.

I think it'll be pretty good when I do put some deeper fins on, I just have been excited about using a different wave board this summer so I haven't gotten around to it. I think the thruster setup could pay out for driving it hard. It is wide enough that you're going need to actively position your front foot to go edge to edge.

You probably noticed that the board is heavy compared to a real wakeskate- it's really built tough. I hit a rock with it hard enough to destroy most boards and you can barely see the scratch - although the fin got splintered up pretty well.

I don't think they are selling for very much so get one and check back in on how it worked for you.

mowaves
Rare Poster

Postby mowaves » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:13 am

Cool, thanks for the reply., I'm really interested in hearing how it works once you do put the thruster fins on it. I'm really having difficulty finding one anywhere however. Please keep me/us updated!

geopeck
Frequent Poster

Postby geopeck » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:35 pm

The water season is going to wrap up here pretty soon so I don't know if I'll be getting a good wave test this year.

You might want to check with the guys at kiteboarding.com - they got one to me at a really good price this spring.

mowaves
Rare Poster

Postby mowaves » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:39 pm

someone's had to have used this setup...

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:37 am

This post is really late but I have this board and I put fcs surf fins on it. Great board to mess around with if you're wanting to learn to ride strapless. It got me over the fear of getting stuck off shore and not being able to get back up on my board. It's little enough to submerge it like a twin tip but has enough volume that it feels like a surfboard under your feet. I wouldn't recommend it in any significant surf but it will surely get you on your way to strapless.

Return to “Kitesurfing”