Style: Surf and wake
Gear: Vegas
Torch
Neo's
Hand made boards of pure excellence
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby Johnny Rotten » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:30 pm

I'm not often prone to random compliments especially when it supports a "pimp thread" but I also appreciate great work and give credit where credit is due.

Dimitri, you're graphics designer is awesome!

Easily best styled kites on the market,
The racer looks ferrari fast,
The screamer ltd, black, evil, and murderous
The kids stuff is just cool.
and the other kites are bright and eye catching without being ugly (a tough line to walk)

Well done.

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby windsuks » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:21 pm

I have been lucky enough to test the latest prototype Renegades the past few days and woah they are sweet kites, everyone who has tried them are pretty excited including this fella!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:12 pm

Thank you Mr.Johnny Rotten. I have an amazing team working for EPIC KITES. From the lady shipping the product to the person designing the kites. :thumb:

On a different note, this is another great demo day we had here in Hatteras "NC.USA".

P.S. One of the girls who tried the S9 & R9 came to me at the end of the day to tell me how much she loved the RENEGADE 9 and asked me how much the R9 would be? She also told me that she just bought some new kites but already had a buyer for her 9 meter kite.
Attachments
DSC_0110 1.jpg
DSC_0114 2.jpg
IMG_4978 7.jpg
IMG_5409-2 1.jpg
IMG_4899 10.jpg
DSC_0042 11.jpg
IMG_5145-2 2.jpg
IMG_5565 2.jpg
IMG_5904 7.jpg
IMG_5132-2 1.jpg
DSC_0086 4.jpg
IMG_4959 9.jpg
DSC_0105 6.jpg
DSC_0100 5.jpg
She is selling her new kite to buy an EPIC RENEGADE kite.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:17 pm

This is a video of us testing the new INFINITY v3 prototype light wind kite.
Once again this is still in prototype mode and we need to test this kite in different type of conditions to see how it performs in higher winds. So right now we know this prototype blows every other kite in the market in extreme light wind conditions. Check it for yourself....
:thumb:

YOUTUBE:

ym
Medium Poster
Style: Wake
Been thanked: 0

Postby ym » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:21 am

Just got back from OBX.... again and was able to test Epic's new prototypes.
I just wanted to share my opinion for those who are interested in how these kites handle and perform. Now, it is totally my personal opinion and I would strongly recommend trying it yourself, but I would hope it would help you in some ways :D

Infinity V3 Prototype - It is very similar to V2 Infinity, but it has definitely more low end power. Did a side to side comparison but could not tell much of a difference from V2.... Still don't understand why it has more power..?? but I was overpowered when wind was blowing 12knots.. ( I weigh 150lbs). Turns very quick. Able to kiteloop now problem at all!

Renegade 13m V4 Prototype - This is a superb kite!!!! It almost has as much power as the V2 Infinity, but very very fast. Very stable and moderate bar pressure makes it a very easy kite to fly. Combining with Oxygen board, I was just going upwind without a hitch in 12knots of wind.

Screamer 10LTD V4 Prototype - What can I say... It is a jumper. To be honest this is one of the BEST kite to do a megaloop. Not many kites makes me comfortable to do a megaloop but it just loops so quickly and catches you well. Of course the height and the floatiness just makes the easiest kite to loop. Comparing to the earlier V1 and V2 Screamer LTD, it is just a refined and nice kite. Took the gust very very well. Older Screamers used to jerk you a bit but this kite did not jerk at all. Condition at Kitepoint was a N, NW wind so it was super gusty but I did not feel at all! Bar pressure has increased from older model so that is also a nice feature of this new V4 :)
Attachments
IMG_2008.jpg
IMG_1898.jpg
DSC_0498 5.jpg
DSC_0252 19.jpg
DSC_0182 24.jpg
DSC_0177 25.jpg
DSC_0046.jpg

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:52 am

windsuks wrote:I have been lucky enough to test the latest prototype Renegades the past few days and woah they are sweet kites, everyone who has tried them are pretty excited including this fella!

Love the looks of this kite. You are killing me with a V3 R13 LTD kite. How could it better than my R13LTD??

ym
Medium Poster
Style: Wake

Postby ym » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:38 pm

Forgot to mention:

Renegade 11m 4G Prototype - Dimitri has changed the profile of this kite from the 2011 2G and 3G 11m. I really really like this new version. It did take the "rawness" that the older 11m had and made it a super "refined" kite. It is still very fast but it takes the gust very well and also made is very stable.

Oxygen board - What can I say.... I wasn't so sure about this board due to its overall length. I have ridden many light wind board and the only thing that really satisfied me was the skimboards in light wind... but man, I am so wrong. This board does perform in light wind very very good! The single flat concave makes it able to plane very easily and since there aren't much drag, it makes us possible to kite in such a low wind. The size also makes us able to do tricks like a small "normal" size boards. It is definitely going into one of board quivers!

:D

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:57 pm

Testing the INFINITY V3 prototype in 2 to 3 knots max. These tests are just to see how well this prototype kite can stay in the air in piratically no wind. And "YES" we are using a Stand Up Paddle board (SUP).

P.S. Wait until you see that new video we made of the INFINITY V3 prototype kite in no wind.
Attachments
DSC_0010 2.jpg
DSC_0013 1.jpg
DSC_0015 3.jpg
Dimitri testing the INFINITY v3 in no wind.JPG

av_dumitrascu
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kazeboo, Navodari, Constanta/Romania
Favorite Beaches: Gokceada, Turkey
Lefkada, Greece
Kalpitya, Sri Lanka
Style: free-ride, kitesurfing
Gear: Fireware Vanguard 5'2"
F-one Signature Bamboo 6'3"
North Juice 15m
North Neo 12m
North Neo 10m
North Click bar
North Neo 8m
North Spike 153
Rapace Eagle 10m
Rapace Eagle 6m
Rapace Condor 12m
Rapace Condor3 8m
Spleene X 19
Ion Spectre harness
Mystic soft-gear
Sigi Grabner snowboard
Apo Chasta snowkite board
F-One Matira iSUP 10'6"
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding
Rapace Kiteboarding

Postby av_dumitrascu » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:46 pm

windsuks wrote:I have been lucky enough to test the latest prototype Renegades the past few days and woah they are sweet kites, everyone who has tried them are pretty excited including this fella!

how fast does that dog loops in light wind? :rollgrin:

Return to “Kitesurfing”