Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Blade's 5th Gen Trigger - A brand new profile shape

Forum for kitesurfers
eran m
Frequent Poster

Re: Blade's 5th Gen Trigger - A brand new profile shape

Postby eran m » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:39 pm

hey
first sound like your 9 m kite have a wind range equal to 8 m (or even 7 m) kite..
for the wind range that you aimed : 16-28 k (72 kg) i think you better go with the 10 trigger (~14-30)
but if you already have 12 m kite & you want to hold your "small" kite up to 30+ k > go for the 9 trigger(~16-33) ,9+12 it's better combo !

S.A.
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: www.cautionkites.com
www.nobilekiteboarding.com
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby S.A. » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:44 pm

Slappy,

The Caution Mayhem is from 2007/2008 or if it's a Mayhem X could be 2009 it so comparing it to the 2012 Trigger is really chalk and cheese.

Although I haven't flown the 2012 Trigger I have flown the 2011 and as a comparison the 9m Trigger will def get you going a lot quicker than the Mayhem, but as you have said, the Cautions are superbly stable in "overpowered conditions" and you can expect the 9m Trigger to get too much to handle a lot sooner than the Mayhem.

So, if you go for a 10m Trigger it would be like going up TWO sizes for you, and I'd suggets that the 9m Trigger is probably the right size option to consider.

dzincha
Medium Poster
Gear: RRD obsessions
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby dzincha » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:09 am

Hi.
It seems that will add this kite to my quiver, but wondering if Liquid force bar will be compatable.
LF bar has 4 loops on the line ends. LF kites has 4 knots on kite. How it is with blade trigger?
Has trigger good low end and comfortable high end? Will buy 12m kite for 10/12 - 18 knots and if it is 18 + gusts then change to envy 9m2.
My weight 72 kg.

bnthere
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island and South Texas USA

Hood River and the Columbia River Gorge USA
Favorite Beaches: South Padre Island Texas: year round the best flatwater and fall - winter - spring fun wave riding as well.
Style: all styles of kite riding
Gear: Blade
Mystic
WindAlert
Brand Affiliation: Blade
Mystic
WindAlert
Seadoo
Headzone
Been thanked: 0

Postby bnthere » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:27 am

dzincha wrote:Hi.
It seems that will add this kite to my quiver, but wondering if Liquid force bar will be compatable.
LF bar has 4 loops on the line ends. LF kites has 4 knots on kite. How it is with blade trigger?
Has trigger good low end and comfortable high end? Will buy 12m kite for 10/12 - 18 knots and if it is 18 + gusts then change to envy 9m2.
My weight 72 kg.

adding knots where necessary, swapping line connectors you already have around, or purchasing a set of line connectors for a few dollars are all extremely easy solutions to the connection "problem."

Slappysan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Gear: Wave Bandit Performer 4-10
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Slappysan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:33 am

Liquidforce really doesn't have kook proof connectors?

You can buy a set of universal pigtails for $6 if that's the case.

Return to “Kitesurfing”